GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

All those with the O/R h-pipe please COME IN!

Search this Thread

Old 2/20/06, 05:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey rebel any hp gain that u can feel? HOw does it sound [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 2/20/06, 05:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Baginoman2 @ February 20, 2006, 4:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
hey don, do you thnk this o/r h-pipe combo with the slps would be louder than ur past open headers set-up? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Not even close!! It can't get any louder than open headers. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img]

If you get the o/r h-pipe combo with the SLPs, I hope your ears like trumpets... some do (my wife didn't mind them), but I couldn't handle it.
Old 2/20/06, 06:01 PM
Bullitt Member

wow [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon24.gif[/img] but i sure did luv the open headers [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 2/20/06, 06:26 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Baginoman2 @ February 20, 2006, 7:04 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
wow [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon24.gif[/img] but i sure did luv the open headers [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

i def will let you know my man how the beast sounds
Old 2/20/06, 06:41 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Infinity @ February 20, 2006, 2:42 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I didn't know there was such an animal. Where may I find this? I think the PC with some LM's are just what the doctor ordered (and then I'll order them, too [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]) Seriously, I'd like to be loud, but I have to keep my cats- no choice as I get inspected.
[/b][/quote]

macperformance is right by my house [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] , but I am pretty sure you can get them online at macperformance.com.
Old 2/20/06, 06:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(emperorjordan @ February 20, 2006, 7:01 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
well.... if you buy the pipe used.... or even if you buy it new.... in MY opinion... and I paid full price from brenspeed.... the price is worth it just to drive your car around like that even if it is only for a few days. Thats just me though..... if you do go that route, you will probably end up like I am now, and start looking at some high flow cats, becuase that is the ONLY thing that will kill the trumpets. You have to get something that flows WORSE than the dynatechs like Don has, but something that flows BETTER than stock, so its louder. The Bassanis seem to be the perfect balance of flow to trumpet killing, but they run $150 each. I am looking at the SLPs, because they are $190 for the pair, and are VERY similar to the Bassani. I plan to cut the H pipe, and then clamp the cats in. I want to do it far enough back so there is room for electric cutouts BEFORE the cats in the future.

I would pull the trigger on the cats now, but I want to wait and save my money, becuase as soon as doug brings those cams, I want to be one of the first to get them.

But like I said, if you want to get an idea of the volume, open headers......
[/b][/quote]

Exactly.............this is why I posted a couple of weeks ago wondering if anyone is running the SLP catted X. After I install the side exhaust, if I still have trumpets I'll probably spring for the SLP X just to try it. Here's the link: SLP Catted X
Old 2/20/06, 06:49 PM
Bullitt Member

hmm wonder how those will sound with the loumouths [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]

darn I WANT THAT H-pipe [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img] lol i need to hear some vids that show this pipe justice!!
Old 2/20/06, 07:02 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Can I make a video with my digital camera, and is so how. I would love to make you a video of my setup.
Old 2/20/06, 07:04 PM
Bullitt Member

that would be A-W-E-S-O-M-E!
Old 2/20/06, 07:14 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I didn't really like how the slp's sounded by themselves, actually it's not that I didn't like it it just wasn't the sound that I was looking for. The prochamber made it a lot deeper, a lot smoother, and louder! I haven't really heard any other mid-pipes with the slp's but the prochamber is perfect........................... perfect, perfect, perfect!!

Can anybody tell me how to make a vid with my digital camera. I have no idea

Or better yet is there anybody that lives near Temecula with a different setup than mine that would want to do a comparison vid, that would be pretty cool!!
Old 2/20/06, 07:15 PM
Bullitt Member

it should be there...check for a video icon, and presto. Try to experiment with the camera, ull find it!

make that vid [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/20/06, 07:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, just FYI, i put the stock H and cats back on, and its too quiet. lol, but there is also a loss of topend power..... I loved the O/R H.... just too darn loud. so, i am going to start cutting, and try to find some used cats maybe.... so if anybody sees any used high flow cats, or a used midpipe with high flows that I can cut up, let me know!!
Old 2/20/06, 07:54 PM
Cobra Member

I am selling my off road X pipe, if anyone is interested. PM me.
Old 2/20/06, 08:12 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Baginoman2 @ February 20, 2006, 6:18 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
it should be there...check for a video icon, and presto. Try to experiment with the camera, ull find it!

make that vid [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I know how to record on the camera but I don't know how to upload it to the computer.

I know how to record on my camera, but I don't know how to upload it to the computer and do all that stuff.
Old 2/20/06, 10:57 PM
Bullitt Member

well ur camera should of came with a plug...plug it into ur camera then into ur comp. File should show up, then click on it. U should see all of ur pics, and vids...iono man experiment [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 2/20/06, 11:28 PM
Cobra R Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Baginoman2 @ February 20, 2006, 4:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
hey rebel any hp gain that u can feel? HOw does it sound [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Check out my post on it...

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?s=...ndpost&p=647106
Old 2/21/06, 07:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

My experience with Brent's offroad H

1. Felt like it lost low end power, but felt like I got it all back after a few hundred miles.
2. Much louder than stock, and trumpeting around 2500 rpms
3. Does NOT need a tune, Doug/Bamachips dyno tuned mine before install, and checked it again after, no tune needed.
4. After a few hundred miles, definite dyno proven gain in hp and tq across the ENTIRE rev range as soon as WOT, around 6 hp and almost 5 tq.

So, to sum it up, it's going to be louder and more powerful and doesn't need a tune.
Old 2/21/06, 08:11 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Baginoman2 @ February 20, 2006, 10:00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
well ur camera should of came with a plug...plug it into ur camera then into ur comp. File should show up, then click on it. U should see all of ur pics, and vids...iono man experiment [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I know how to get it to the computer but I don't know how to get it to the forum, how do I do that , I tried to get some of my pics on here but couldn't?
Old 2/21/06, 08:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2005sonicgt @ February 21, 2006, 7:14 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I know how to get it to the computer but I don't know how to get it to the forum, how do I do that , I tried to get some of my pics on here but couldn't?
[/b][/quote]
If it's less than 10MB, you can e-mail it to me, and I can get it hosted and send you the link to post.
Old 2/21/06, 08:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

and if it is more than 10mb, email it to me and I will get it hosted.

Quick Reply: All those with the O/R h-pipe please COME IN!