GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

All those with the O/R h-pipe please COME IN!

Search this Thread

Old 2/20/06, 09:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] HI HI, alright, i was intersted in purchasing the o/r h-pipe, cause i really want loud [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] OK when you guys installed it did you have to re-tune ur car? Did you loose some hp...or gain some? Thanx everyone [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

o and if anybody is selling their H-pipe.......im ur man [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 2/20/06, 10:04 AM
Cobra Member

i am actually having my off road h-pipe removed now. i am having a jba off road h-pipe instaled for my long tubes so i will not need the off road one that is on the car now. it is loud with no cats and i am running flowmasters to boot. there was a hp increase and i did have to retune the car. if you want the pipe you can have it. pm me.
Old 2/20/06, 10:12 AM
Bullitt Member

pm sent! Umm why did you have to re tune it?
Old 2/20/06, 10:15 AM
Cobra Member

just pmed you.
Old 2/20/06, 10:25 AM
Bullitt Member

anybody else out there that can tell me about their h-pipe experience?? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 2/20/06, 10:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

the only thing you have to retune with the off-road H pipe is to turn the o2 sensors off.
Old 2/20/06, 11:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

i didnt retune mine. but i was already running a brenspeed 93 performance tune that had the rear O2 sensors turned off.
Old 2/20/06, 11:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All I can add here is that if you go to an o/r H and LMs, you may get trumpeting. But it will definitely be LOUD!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 2/20/06, 11:21 AM
Bullitt Member

I've got the Pypes one with stock mufflers and my car is pretty loud but like Don said, you will probably get some trumpeting.

I got my car retuned because I noticed a signifigant loss of power in lower RPMs in 2nd and 3rd gear. I got a new tune from Doug at Bamachips and it took care of the problem. I haven't had the car re-dynoed yet so I'm not sure the performance gains I got.
Old 2/20/06, 12:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have the H pipe with SLP loudmouths.... tuning wise, all you need are the rear O2 sensors off, which mine were with my bamachips 91 torq tune. With the SLPs, it is insanely $%&#ing loud. It sounds REALLY REALLY good too, except for the trumpeting which sounds like hiney, but the solution to that is to nail the gas, becuase at WOT it completely goes away.... hehehe. BUT, a word of caution..... I like loud. I REALLY REALLY like loud. My motorcycle is really loud, and I wanted my car to be really loud. but the LM + o/r H combo is over the top. dont get me wrong, I love it, but there is no way. no possible way, even at part throttle that you will get away with it near a cop. and if you are getting on the freeway and nail it, and there is a cop within like a half mile radius.... god help you.

that being said, fit and install were excellent, and it is MUCH lighter than the stock H with cats.

I think I am going to get some Bassani or SLP high flow cats and either weld or clamp them into the H to quiet it down a bit, and kill the trumpeting.
Old 2/20/06, 12:54 PM
Bullitt Member

haha i dont no what to do now!! hahaha
Old 2/20/06, 01:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

I would wait. arent you in CA?

if you are motivated, start it up with open manifolds. then rev it a couple times. Thats how loud it will be.
Old 2/20/06, 01:42 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dude, I have the prochamber that fit's to the stock cats and it sound's amazing, , anything any louder would be really annoying, it really deepened up the exhaust. I would say go with a catted prochamber, that would be perfect [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] I don't think you would get that trumpeting neither, or whatever it's called.
Old 2/20/06, 03:39 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2005sonicgt @ February 20, 2006, 3:45 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Dude, I have the prochamber that fit's to the stock cats

//SNIP//
[/b][/quote]

I didn't know there was such an animal. Where may I find this? I think the PC with some LM's are just what the doctor ordered (and then I'll order them, too [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]) Seriously, I'd like to be loud, but I have to keep my cats- no choice as I get inspected.
Old 2/20/06, 03:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
I have the Pypes offroad H and here's my 2 cents.........

- Its much lighter than stock.
- Its much easier to remove/reinstall than stock.
- Noticeably louder than stock, can be very loud depending on your choice of mufflers.
- I noticed a loss of lowend power, which I've either gotten used to or the computer has compensated for now, because it doens't seem as bad to me anymore.
- You will need to turn off the O2 sensors.
- This unit will cause trumpeting, no matter what mufflers you run. I've ran both stock and a Bassani exhaust, and both have that noise from 2500 to about 2700 rpm. I would bet that anyone who's running this pipe will agree that there is not much you can do to get rid of the trumpeting, other than changing midpipes. There is much documentation from people running stock, chambered, straight-thru, or even no mufflers and pretty much everyone has trumpeting; there's only one common demoninator here........
- This pipe is cheap, so you can't complain about that.

My advise would be to try the pipe; the cost is not much for the pipe and you may not dislike the trumpeting, depending on your driving style.
Old 2/20/06, 04:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

well.... if you buy the pipe used.... or even if you buy it new.... in MY opinion... and I paid full price from brenspeed.... the price is worth it just to drive your car around like that even if it is only for a few days. Thats just me though..... if you do go that route, you will probably end up like I am now, and start looking at some high flow cats, becuase that is the ONLY thing that will kill the trumpets. You have to get something that flows WORSE than the dynatechs like Don has, but something that flows BETTER than stock, so its louder. The Bassanis seem to be the perfect balance of flow to trumpet killing, but they run $150 each. I am looking at the SLPs, because they are $190 for the pair, and are VERY similar to the Bassani. I plan to cut the H pipe, and then clamp the cats in. I want to do it far enough back so there is room for electric cutouts BEFORE the cats in the future.

I would pull the trigger on the cats now, but I want to wait and save my money, becuase as soon as doug brings those cams, I want to be one of the first to get them.

But like I said, if you want to get an idea of the volume, open headers......
Old 2/20/06, 05:10 PM
Bullitt Member

hey don, do you thnk this o/r h-pipe combo with the slps would be louder than ur past open headers set-up? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/20/06, 05:14 PM

im getting ready to order my O/R H pipe tomorrow from brenspeed I just hope its loud but doesnt **** off the neighbors. LOL but after watching some videos i think it will b nice n loud
Old 2/20/06, 05:38 PM
Bullitt Member

hey punisher can u let me no how they sound??

and maybe some vids [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

HOws the x-pipe you have sound with the LMs? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 2/20/06, 05:42 PM
Cobra R Member

I just installed mine! See my post on it!

I LOVE IT!!

Quick Reply: All those with the O/R h-pipe please COME IN!