GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

2007 Stang on-the-way

Search this Thread

Old 7/1/06, 08:00 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 Stang on-the-way

Noobe here. Ordered an "07" on June 20th. Black GT 5Sp.w/ premier IUP. Originally selected black/dove, however, changed it to all black once I found out that the seats would be all dove. NO WAY I wanted a black car with all dove seating- know what I mean ? I also ordered the black bullet wheels w/ spinners(extra). Black outside, inside, and riding on black. Also ordered to 3.55 axle, alarm, and the GTAP(hood scoop) .

I got the wheels I wanted, now for my second mod.: EXAUST. For now, I only want an axle-back system. For the past week I've researched numerous forums(This was the best by the way) and other sites and I'm leaning torward FRPP(M-5230-5GT)/Borla Stinngers. I originally wanted the SLP LMs, however, in PA you're required to have a muffler and I didn't want to swap out the LMs(Which do sound the best) ever year, hence, my decison to go with the Borla's- I think, the Borlas have the second best sound.

Anyone have any opinions on the exhaust decision?
Old 7/1/06, 09:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hi. Welcome to TMS.

On the dove seats, only the seat inserts are dove, the rest of the seat is black. There are some posts of the interior combination here that will show you how they look.

I also just ordered a 2007 and went around on the exhaust idea. First I wanted a Bassani system and then went to the FRPP stingers and now I think I will throw down the extra cash to get the Corsa system, mainly for the guaranteed zero drone. My 69 has a nasty exhaust but it also drones like crazy and I don't want that again.
Old 7/1/06, 09:34 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shatter
On the dove seats, only the seat inserts are dove, the rest of the seat is black. There are some posts of the interior combination here that will show you how they look.
That's just on the C/S. It appears that on the premier trim package the seats are all the accent color, not two-tone. But so far there haven't been any pics posted of the premier trim package except for that redfire/ chamois pic that's been floating around.

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
and I'm leaning torward FRPP(M-5230-5GT)/Borla Stinngers. I originally wanted the SLP LMs, however, in PA you're required to have a muffler and I didn't want to swap out the LMs(Which do sound the best) ever year, hence, my decison to go with the Borla's- I think, the Borlas have the second best sound.

I've been digging a lot into exhaust options as well, I'm down to the Borla Stingers or the Corsas. The Borlas have some drone, but it sounds like it's minimal from what most people report. The Corsas have zero drone, but they are also apparently the quietest exhaust. Some report they are barely louder than stock. I dropped the SLPs from the list for the same reason as you, mufflers are required in Texas and we have yearly inspections. It's not worth it to have to swap the mufflers back on each year, I'd rather just go with something that is legal!
Old 7/1/06, 10:53 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Shatter, Two-tone seating is only available with the SE- CS & Shelby. If you get the premier pkg. with any combination of black and another color, your seats will be completely the other color. Believe me, I've done extensive research on this as I was certain I didn't want all dove seating. I wish they were 2tone.

TW, I'm now leaning towards Corsa as well. Yes pricey, but worth it... I'm told...lol. The cheapest I found was at Auto Parts Warehouse for $585.00(Free shipping)-Ebay. If they're cheaper someware else, please inform. FYI- I found that the dynos shows an increase of 13-15 hps and 7-10 tq with NO DRONE!

Borlas-Corsa-Borlas-Corsas-Borlas-Corsas... A coin flip may help. Opinions?????
Old 7/1/06, 11:23 AM
GT Member

[quote=SteelTownStang]Shatter, Two-tone seating is only available with the SE- CS & Shelby. If you get the premier pkg. with any combination of black and another color, your seats will be completely the other color. Believe me, I've done extensive research on this as I was certain I didn't want all dove seating. Believe me-I wish they were 2tone.[quote]

This is consistent with what I have been told by my dealer. Accent colors on a GT consist of the entire seat being the accent color just like the chamois photo that has been floating around. If you only want the inserts in the accent color, you have to order a GT500, CS or as in my case have the seats redone upon arrival.
Old 7/1/06, 02:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yikes. Thanks for correcting my misunderstanding. Makes me even happier that I ordered the premier trim pkg in dark charcoal only!
Old 7/1/06, 02:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
Noobe here. Ordered an "07" on June 20th. Black GT 5Sp.w/ premier IUP. Originally selected black/dove, however, changed it to all black once I found out that the seats would be all dove. NO WAY I wanted a black car with all dove seating- know what I mean ? I also ordered the black bullet wheels w/ spinners(extra). Black outside, inside, and riding on black. Also ordered to 3.55 axle, alarm, and the GTAP(hood scoop) .

I got the wheels I wanted, now for my second mod.: EXAUST. For now, I only want an axle-back system. For the past week I've researched numerous forums(This was the best by the way) and other sites and I'm leaning torward FRPP(M-5230-5GT)/Borla Stinngers. I originally wanted the SLP LMs, however, in PA you're required to have a muffler and I didn't want to swap out the LMs(Which do sound the best) ever year, hence, my decison to go with the Borla's- I think, the Borlas have the second best sound.

The 2005 and up actually have a different sound then the 2004 and earlier models, this is due to the 3V and variable adjustments. And its noticable. The Stang now sounds more like a eurpean v8 instead of pure american muscle. Too bad, i love the mustang sound. Best sound in the world! With that said Flowmasters are the only mufflers for 2005+ that try to closey resemble the old low rumble we all love.
Borla and Magnaflow are close though. I haven't heard of Corsa before.

Does anyone have a sound of the Corsa mufflers? Or a link on the net.

So far im leaning towards Flowmasters.
Old 7/2/06, 10:50 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by CannonBaller
Does anyone have a sound of the Corsa mufflers? Or a link on the net.
Check out Corsa's webpage. Scroll down a bit, there's a flash area with 5 different sound buttons.

http://www.corsaperf.com/mustang.htm