GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

2005 or 2006 Ford Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 9/12/05, 10:21 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No offense, but this is a pointless post. Number one, what do you plan on doing with the car. If you just want a street car, well them the majority of mods are a waste. Do you plann on drag racing, Auto-Xing, or attending HPDE's?

I plan on drag racing the car on a few occasions and doing HPDEs and open track events.

My mod list looks like:

Engine:
C&L/Predator-On Car
Off Road X-On Car
LFP 62mm TB-On Order
Head/Cam or Supercharger-Spring 06

Brakes: Spring 06
Stock with Hawk HP's for street use
Stainless Lines
Hawk Blues for track use

Suspension: Winter project
Springs(Eibach or FRPP)
Shocks(Tokico or Dynamic FRPP)
Sways (FRPP)
FSTB (Cheapest I can find)
Adj Panhard Bar and Brace (BMR)
LCA (BMR)
Uprgraded Wheels and Tires(?)

Appearance:
CDC Classic Lip-On Car
SS Center Black Chrome Fog Light Grill (Soon)
Ducktail ???
Old 9/12/05, 12:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Daily driver, 650rwhp, drag track just about once a week, every week. Some autocross and road course racing, maybe once or twice a year.

650rwhp will be achieved using a twin turbocharger setup, i'm no sure what yet, that is, if anyone can come up with a design I like...if not, then probably a Whipple, or FRPP roots supercharger.
Old 9/12/05, 01:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Ford05MustangGT@September 12, 2005, 1:34 PM
Daily driver, 650rwhp, drag track just about once a week, every week. Some autocross and road course racing, maybe once or twice a year.

650rwhp will be achieved using a twin turbocharger setup, i'm no sure what yet, that is, if anyone can come up with a design I like...if not, then probably a Whipple, or FRPP roots supercharger.
Add a built motor and clutch to that list as well. TT kits are going to be very expensive as well. Then you need a wideband and gauges, plus someone whom knows how to tune the vehicle. IMO, wait for the 07 Shelby. It's already FI and a tune/chip will do wonders to the car. Oh yea, if you do plan to run 650whp, plan on having a spare car because your Stang is going to be down a lot. A car that is drag raced every week won't be reliable.
Old 9/12/05, 03:06 PM
Cobra Member

650RWHP huh? I think you need to realize that you will be throwing away a ton of parts if you want that power to be "reliable".

You will probably still toast the block no matter what your upgraded rotating assemly looks like on high boost if you plan to drag the car very frequently. You are talking about a 750-800hp monster of an stock block engine. Its your car and your engine to destroy with that kind of power output.

Just for kicks lets add in more parts that will have to be replaced when they break.

Motormounts
Clutch
Transmission
Driveshaft
Yokes
Complete rear end
Driveshaft safety loop(s)
NHRA 25.5 Spec Roll cage with other structural improvements

You'll also need a tunable on the fly suspension if you want to be a daily driver :lmfao: and a drag car.

Basically, I think your whole idea of what you want to do with your car is a joke. Just go create your own race team why dont ya.

I think we are all very curious as to how old you are now....cause this all reads like a 19 year old's dream. It took 4 of us to ask what you wanted to use the car for before you answered. Enjoy piecing together your new "car"!

-Dan
Old 9/12/05, 03:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by max2000jp+September 12, 2005, 3:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(max2000jp @ September 12, 2005, 3:26 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Add a built motor and clutch to that list as well. TT kits are going to be very expensive as well. Then you need a wideband and gauges, plus someone whom knows how to tune the vehicle. IMO, wait for the 07 Shelby. It's already FI and a tune/chip will do wonders to the car. Oh yea, if you do plan to run 650whp, plan on having a spare car because your Stang is going to be down a lot. A car that is drag raced every week won't be reliable.
[/b]

Yeah, and a ton of more parts. Nah.

<!--QuoteBegin-Cleveland
@September 12, 2005, 5:09 PM
650RWHP huh? I think you need to realize that you will be throwing away a ton of parts if you want that power to be "reliable".

I do realize this. I hope you don't think i'm new to modifying cars.

You will probably still toast the block no matter what your upgraded rotating assemly looks like on high boost if you plan to drag the car very frequently. You are talking about a 750-800hp monster of an stock block engine. Its your car and your engine to destroy with that kind of power output.

I WILL blow the motor without internal upgrades, so I will be upgrading them before attempting to go past around 400 rwhp.

Just for kicks lets add in more parts that will have to be replaced when they break.

Motormounts
Clutch
Transmission
Driveshaft
Yokes
Complete rear end
Driveshaft safety loop(s)
NHRA 25.5 Spec Roll cage with other structural improvements

You'll also need a tunable on the fly suspension if you want to be a daily driver :lmfao: and a drag car.

Basically, I think your whole idea of what you want to do with your car is a joke. Just go create your own race team why dont ya.

I think we are all very curious as to how old you are now....cause this all reads like a 19 year old's dream. It took 4 of us to ask what you wanted to use the car for before you answered. Enjoy piecing together your new "car"!

-Dan
[/quote]
Thanks for the positive comments and answering only questions I asked. :notnice:
Old 9/12/05, 03:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

This is what it is looking like right now.

CDC Aggressive Chin Spolier - $225
Cervini's Hood - $459
Street Scene 1/4 Version 2 Window Louvers ($150) or MRT ($182)
Cervini's Ducktail - $267
3D Carbon Rear Window U-Trim - $379 (factory painted)
Hirschman Antenna

Hawk Brake Pads - High-Performance Street - $146

REVIEWING SUSPENSION PARTS

Eibach Springs/Shocks & Dampers - $699

Borla Stinger Cat-Back Exhaust - $680
MAC Long-Tube Headers - Ceramic - $430
Bassani Off-Road X-Pipe - $270 or BBK Off-Road X-Pipe or Mustang Tuning Off-Road X-Pipe
SCT X-Calibrator 2 Programmer - $350
FRPP 4.10 Gears - $180

Bullitt Deep Dish Wheels - 18x9 - F, 18x10 - R - Chrome ($830)
BF Goodrich g-force T/A KDW 2 - 255/35/18 - F ($358), 295/35/18 ($458)

Katzkin Leather Seat Covers - $600ish for front and rear, but don't
want rear since I am getting the MMR rear-seat delete kit, so i'm not
sure how much just the fronts are..+$140 for heated seats
Old 9/12/05, 04:54 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

A lot of the prices you listed you can find cheaper, shop around. Also, go with the FRPP exhaust since it's the same thing.

I would also recommend the FRRP suspension over Eibach. The FRRP dampers are built by the company that does the whole suspension, testing, and tuning of the FR500. I just need to find out some more information on the kit, such as spring rate and size of the sways.
Old 9/12/05, 04:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by max2000jp@September 12, 2005, 6:57 PM
A lot of the prices you listed you can find cheaper, shop around. Also, go with the FRPP exhaust since it's the same thing.

I would also recommend the FRRP suspension over Eibach. The FRRP dampers are built by the company that does the whole suspension, testing, and tuning of the FR500. I just need to find out some more information on the kit, such as spring rate and size of the sways.
The FRPP and Borla axle-back are the same thing, are you saying I should just get the FRPP axle-back instead of the Borla cat-back?
Old 9/12/05, 05:03 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Ford05MustangGT@September 12, 2005, 6:01 PM
The FRPP and Borla axle-back are the same thing, are you saying I should just get the FRPP axle-back instead of the Borla cat-back?
The FRRP exhaust is made by Borla. The only difference is that the FRRP exhaust has a "FORD RACING" logo on the tips instead of Borla. You can find them for 390ish on ebay.
Old 9/16/05, 07:19 PM

Originally posted by Cleveland@September 12, 2005, 3:09 PM

-Dan
I can answer this question for you. This "kid" has been on our Z boards for a while now and he just turned 16. Not even close to 19. Basically everything is a big pipe dream. The only real knowledge he has is from the internet with these cars. No true life experience. Everyone on the Z boards was just sick of him always having these huge dream mod lists that will never come true.
For the Z his mod (dream) list alone was worth over 40k. I wish I had the list of it to post it is so ridiculous.
He was homeschooled and is back in HS again and cannot get his license till 18 cause of the "no child left behind" act and something about him not being enrolled in school for x amount of time. All we heard for months was he was getting a Z and putting 40k into in and all this BS. Dont let this kid getting you all to believe this nonsense. Its pretty sad.
Old 9/16/05, 09:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 350Z@September 16, 2005, 9:22 PM
I can answer this question for you. This "kid" has been on our Z boards for a while now and he just turned 16. Not even close to 19. Basically everything is a big pipe dream. The only real knowledge he has is from the internet with these cars. No true life experience. Everyone on the Z boards was just sick of him always having these huge dream mod lists that will never come true.
For the Z his mod (dream) list alone was worth over 40k. I wish I had the list of it to post it is so ridiculous.
He was homeschooled and is back in HS again and cannot get his license till 18 cause of the "no child left behind" act and something about him not being enrolled in school for x amount of time. All we heard for months was he was getting a Z and putting 40k into in and all this BS. Dont let this kid getting you all to believe this nonsense. Its pretty sad.
Nice job, Chris. Some of the story is wrong though. Real mature man, nothing better to do on a Friday night? Talk about sad...you going through my posts on 350Z-Tech, finding information, misquoting it, and then writing up a couple of paragraphs for the link in my signature where I asked for help.

Guys, this guy is from 350Z-Tech...i've had some bad experiences there, therefore, some (2 or 3?) like to misquote me; however, this has been taken to a new level.
Old 9/16/05, 10:19 PM
Cobra Member

I was RIGHT, fricking awesome! Now stop wasting our time. You should hold out for the new Camaro and put your time into a list there.

-Dan
Old 9/16/05, 10:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Cleveland@September 17, 2005, 12:22 AM
I was RIGHT, fricking awesome! Now stop wasting our time. You should hold out for the new Camaro and put your time into a list there.

-Dan
Thanks for the suggestion, now stop posting in my thread and trashing it. Real mature responses from you.
Old 9/16/05, 10:41 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Ok keep this thread civil or I'll lock it down. Stay on topic...and keep the flaming down.

If you haven't got anything constructive to say then keep out of the thread.
Old 9/16/05, 11:10 PM
jlb
GT Member

When are you getting the car, Brandon? Have you considered replacing the 4.6 with a 5.0 cammer. If you really want to go all out why not just get an FR500. Here is a link, you can pick one of for $125K.
http://seanhylandmotorsports.com/
Old 9/17/05, 07:07 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Make sure you have an extra 25k+taxes for a new 06 when this one blows up....
Yowza...

650RWHP needs LOTS of beefing
Old 9/17/05, 08:25 AM

Originally posted by Ford05MustangGT@September 16, 2005, 10:00 PM
Nice job, Chris. Some of the story is wrong though. Real mature man, nothing better to do on a Friday night? Talk about sad...you going through my posts on 350Z-Tech, finding information, misquoting it, and then writing up a couple of paragraphs for the link in my signature where I asked for help.

Guys, this guy is from 350Z-Tech...i've had some bad experiences there, therefore, some (2 or 3?) like to misquote me; however, this has been taken to a new level.
You are only 16! No one in their right mind would buy their 16 year old son who doesnt even have a lisence a car like this! All Im saying is that you are wasting these peoples times here on this board as much as you wasted ours with you ridiculous dreams in the past year on 350ztech and my350. Even if by some chance it were true its totally ridiculous for a child of 16 to be driving a 650rwhp car.
You kept telling everyone you were getting a Z that you were going to make 650rwhp last February and that didnt exactly come true. Now you are bringing that same crap here. And btw im not from Tech, I just did some reading. Has nothing to do with me having nothing to do on a Friday night. I am engaged to a beautiful girl and I was posting while she was getting ready before we went out for dinner. Go find a g/f and try to get away from the computer for at least 5 minutes of your day.
Old 9/17/05, 12:05 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by 350Z@September 17, 2005, 10:28 AM
You are only 16! No one in their right mind would buy their 16 year old son who doesnt even have a lisence a car like this! All Im saying is that you are wasting these peoples times here on this board as much as you wasted ours with you ridiculous dreams in the past year on 350ztech and my350. Even if by some chance it were true its totally ridiculous for a child of 16 to be driving a 650rwhp car.
You kept telling everyone you were getting a Z that you were going to make 650rwhp last February and that didnt exactly come true. Now you are bringing that same crap here. And btw im not from Tech, I just did some reading. Has nothing to do with me having nothing to do on a Friday night. I am engaged to a beautiful girl and I was posting while she was getting ready before we went out for dinner. Go find a g/f and try to get away from the computer for at least 5 minutes of your day.
You're in more trouble than him in my books. Did you not see Burningman's (Doug's) post about no more bashing? That wasn't a suggestion. You have been warned, do not let it happen again.
Old 9/17/05, 12:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 350Z@September 17, 2005, 10:28 AM
I'm done. Ignorant, immature, and envious would be the best way to describe you. Don't reply to anything I write.
Old 9/17/05, 12:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by jlb+September 17, 2005, 1:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jlb @ September 17, 2005, 1:13 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>When are you getting the car, Brandon? Have you considered replacing the 4.6 with a 5.0 cammer. If you really want to go all out why not just get an FR500. Here is a link, you can pick one of for $125K.
http://seanhylandmotorsports.com/
[/b]

I really don't know. Probably next month. As soon as I can decide what I will get, then I will go make an order at the first of the month of either October or November. Nah, this project is a process. I'm not expecting to do this even within 2 years. heck, I won't even be doing 650 RWHP once everything is done. Going to start out at 450 RWHP (like I said, probably not even within 2 years) and work up from there slowly.

<!--QuoteBegin-Boomer
@September 17, 2005, 9:10 AM
Make sure you have an extra 25k+taxes for a new 06 when this one blows up....
Yowza...

650RWHP needs LOTS of beefing
[/quote]

Just thinking logically, why would one buy an entire new car, when all that blew was the motor? :scratch: