GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

2 grand to spend....what to get.

Search this Thread

Old 5/6/07, 11:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When you get some of this stuff, look me up. I am in the area and can help you with install.
Old 5/6/07, 02:10 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question: couldn't one use the existing plates and make their own delete plates?
Old 5/6/07, 02:11 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by BuzzyStang05
When you get some of this stuff, look me up. I am in the area and can help you with install.
thanks man!!!!
Old 5/6/07, 02:21 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Faber
I like the idea of the aluminium driveshaft, but I read where another guy on this forum already scattered one.
Yeah, but that one turned out to be steel, not aluminum and done by someone with questionable scruples to say the least.

Why do all these guys put their purge kits on the outside of the car....seem like a waste of good giggle gas to me...I think I will put mine through the A/C vents.....
Now that's funny!
Old 5/6/07, 06:20 PM

Address the suspension, then the brakes, then the power adders. It kills me when I see someone that will dump $8k on engine goodies, but then complains about the price of a decent brake set-up.

Please be safe about it.
Old 5/6/07, 08:33 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by bad_monkeys
Address the suspension, then the brakes, then the power adders. It kills me when I see someone that will dump $8k on engine goodies, but then complains about the price of a decent brake set-up.

Please be safe about it.
are you finished? well allow me to retort....

I refuse to dump 8k on power adders. I do want go fast goodies, not stop fast goodies. when I decide to drive over to a parking lot and turn around some orange cones I will worry about this stuff. I am looking for G-forces pressing me into the seat, and an exhaust setup that will give some old folks (like the blue hair that destroyed my stang) heart attacks, and scare their grandchildren.

I will address the brakes, and suspension when I decide to turn, or stop.....

oh and where was I complaining about brake prices? oh yeah...I didnt mention brake prices....or brakes.
Old 5/7/07, 10:59 AM
Bullitt Member

are you finished? well allow me to retort....

I refuse to dump 8k on power adders. I do want go fast goodies, not stop fast goodies. when I decide to drive over to a parking lot and turn around some orange cones I will worry about this stuff. I am looking for G-forces pressing me into the seat, and an exhaust setup that will give some old folks (like the blue hair that destroyed my stang) heart attacks, and scare their grandchildren.

I will address the brakes, and suspension when I decide to turn, or stop.....

oh and where was I complaining about brake prices? oh yeah...I didnt mention brake prices....or brakes.
Well my man.... you have a lot to learn.. There are never enough brakes on a car.. and a 300 HP mustang is definately not an exception.

You appearently intend to use your car for street racing or at least intend to BLAST off from stop lights and signs when the urge hits you...

What happens when someone steps out from a parked car, pulls out in front of you just as you're hitting 3rd gear and you have a horrific crash because you had more HP than your brakes could handle in your situation...?? Don't come whinning to this forum about your problems when you do...

You sound a little irresponsible IMHO... unfortunately, you're not alone... a lot of mustangers think just like you.

Bobby M.
Old 5/7/07, 01:11 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MooStang05gt
Well my man.... you have a lot to learn.. There are never enough brakes on a car.. and a 300 HP mustang is definately not an exception.

You appearently intend to use your car for street racing or at least intend to BLAST off from stop lights and signs when the urge hits you...

What happens when someone steps out from a parked car, pulls out in front of you just as you're hitting 3rd gear and you have a horrific crash because you had more HP than your brakes could handle in your situation...?? Don't come whinning to this forum about your problems when you do...

You sound a little irresponsible IMHO... unfortunately, you're not alone... a lot of mustangers think just like you.

Bobby M.
I was actually trying to get a rise out of the dude that I quoted before, just for the fun of it hence the pulp fiction quote, and stupid sounding reply.

You are assuming I am irresponsible and obtuse and I guess that just shows what kind of person you are. I can direct you to a place where your humble opinion will be most welcome....and i think it might be just the place it came from, although you may want some privacy when putting it away.

Originally Posted by MooStang05gt
let me know when you are planning on going for your next stroll accross the street... I'd be happy to test my brakes....or lack thereof
besides by the time third gear rolls around there is no amount af brakes, parachutes, or anything else for that matter that would stop a car from splattering someone darting out from between parked cars...
Old 5/7/07, 01:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

I think people are taking Faber's comments a bit too seriously, or at least out of context. Lighten up

question: couldn't one use the existing plates and make their own delete plates?
Yes you can...but back when the CMCV deletes were cheap from Ford (below $100), for most is wasn't worth the effort to do it on your own. But now that Steeda is the only one making them ("economy" @ $140 and billet @ $300), it might be worthwhile looking into the homemade option again. There's a guy on another forum that I can point you to that does the modification to the stock runners for about $75. Maybe you could work out a core exchange with him.
Old 5/7/07, 01:26 PM
Cobra Member

By the way I just want to thank you guys for all the input! and thanks CR for the quotes, and deals! I will be buying a bunch of stuff real soon!
Old 5/7/07, 01:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by kevinb120
Hard to say, those cams might yield a lot more power with additional intake and exhaust mods. There could be a slight restriction in the flow somewhere that those cams are just not getting up to their potential.
5.0 mustang magazine just did a head/cam swap on an S197. The head swap alone only got +/- 13 hp and tq. That's a sorry $/HP ratio. But with the head and cams, then it got around 48 more hp and 40 ft/lbs torque. I kinda wished they just did the cams and dyno'd those. The article forgot to mention, but the photos show the engine on the swap had longtubes already. Kev's right, you need a lot of flow - both out the car and out your wallet to get the most out of a cam swap.
Old 5/7/07, 01:33 PM
Cobra Member

I think people are taking Faber's comments a bit too seriously, or at least out of context. Lighten up

Yes you can...but back when the CMCV deletes were cheap from Ford (below $100), for most is wasn't worth the effort to do it on your own. But now that Steeda is the only one making them ("economy" @ $140 and billet @ $300), it might be worthwhile looking into the homemade option again. There's a guy on another forum that I can point you to that does the modification to the stock runners for about $75. Maybe you could work out a core exchange with him.
yes! I am very rarely serious and when people get all bitter and bent out of shape I kinda like to play with them... no hard feelings just a little entertainment thats all!!! thanks for the info, I would definately be interested in that!
Old 5/7/07, 01:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Yeah that story made me think the guy allowing them to put it on was stupid. Headers would also increase the exhaust note on the car, and the deletes, udp's and drive shaft free up alot.
Old 5/7/07, 01:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Also try brenspeeds site for a write up on the stage 3 cam they installed. They got 347rwhp with a cam, intake, tb, tune, deletes, and udp's.
Old 5/7/07, 01:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

thanks for the info, I would definately be interested in that!
PM sent
Old 5/7/07, 02:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

I would actually do a semi-cheap exhaust setup. You can probably get the entire thing for around $1000 if you shop around. I've seen off road H-pipes for $150, and LTs for $350. I suggest SLP's since you want loud as hell and you're on a budget. The Loudmouth's are notorious for being obnoxiously loud. (which is why I'm holding off on the rest of my exhaust until they change this **** sound ordinance.) Mine was $450 shipped.

IMO, you should hold off for now and save up alittle more cash. Another $1500 and you could do a lot more. You could also go for the GT500 Intake Manifold.
Old 5/7/07, 03:50 PM
Cobra Member

5.0 mustang magazine just did a head/cam swap on an S197. The head swap alone only got +/- 13 hp and tq. That's a sorry $/HP ratio. But with the head and cams, then it got around 48 more hp and 40 ft/lbs torque. I kinda wished they just did the cams and dyno'd those. The article forgot to mention, but the photos show the engine on the swap had longtubes already. Kev's right, you need a lot of flow - both out the car and out your wallet to get the most out of a cam swap.

Just to let you know, the heads that were tested were the FRPP ones,and the FRPP heads are not nearly the best in terms of performance. FRPP stuff has always been conservative and never max performance you can get. Just for an example, foxlake heads were dynoed at a 28rwhp gain. Compare that to the Frpp heads and that shows you how conservative they are. If you are getting ported heads,go with livernois or foxlake.
Old 5/7/07, 03:55 PM
Bullitt Member

I was actually trying to get a rise out of the dude that I quoted before, just for the fun of it hence the pulp fiction quote, and stupid sounding reply.
I'm not up on pulp fiction quotes... and I saw nothing in bad_monkeys post that was the least bit humorous... of course, if there's a private joke there between the two of you, how could I know..??

You are assuming I am irresponsible and obtuse and I guess that just shows what kind of person you are. I can direct you to a place where your humble opinion will be most welcome....and i think it might be just the place it came from, although you may want some privacy when putting it away.

What kind of person am I if I misconstrue the statement... I do want go fast goodies, not stop fast goodies. when I decide to drive over to a parking lot and turn around some orange cones I will worry about this stuff. I am looking for G-forces pressing me into the seat, and an exhaust setup that will give some old folks (like the blue hair that destroyed my stang) heart attacks, and scare their grandchildren. That sounds like an irresponsible statement to me... maybe, I'm the only one reading this thread that would see it that way... I like to think I have a good sense of humor, but, I'm probably a little to "old fashioned" to get it...

let me know when you are planning on going for your next stroll accross the street... I'd be happy to test my brakes....or lack thereof
besides by the time third gear rolls around there is no amount af brakes, parachutes, or anything else for that matter that would stop a car from splattering someone darting out from between parked cars...
You're welcome to come to my town anytime and look for me crossing the street... and you are absolutely correct... by the time you hit 3rd gear there's not a chance in hell you could ever stop.... my point exactly...

Hey... hope you get something good for your money and really enjoy it.

Bobby M.
Old 5/7/07, 04:02 PM
Cobra Member

I will, thanks Bobby.
Old 5/7/07, 04:20 PM
Cobra Member

By the way, just for the sake of making it clear, I do not endorse the scaring of children, speeding the demise of old folks, running over condescending forum-goers, or driving unsafely on public roads. My comments should be taken with a grain of salt especially if they seem rash, fesicious, or rude. I am not to be taken seriously.

I am also having severe mustang withdrawl syndrome attacks due to the fact that my car is being put back together like humpty dumpty at the moment. driving a rental pontiac only aggrivates said mustang withdrawl syndrome, the symptoms of which include, but are not limited to:

Frequently checking, and posting on mustang related forums
Parts shopping
Bench racing
Forum trolling (see jealousy)
Severe jealousy directed toward other mustang drivers.
Forum trolling (again)
Spontaneous emotional outbursts
Uncontrollable bowels (WHAT???!!!)
Mustangile dysfunction
Lackomustang syndrome
Insomnia
Severe vomiting when in the presence of rice
etc....

Quick Reply: 2 grand to spend....what to get.