Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

Z or Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 7/5/05, 07:40 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was in the same position. I was going to buy a Z and then opted for the stang instead. Sure, everytime I see a Z on the road I can't help but think what it might have been like. However, I love my stang and I don't think that will ever change.
Old 7/5/05, 07:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have test driven a Z and a G35 coupe, along with a Stang, GTO (which I have), RX8 (very good handling, anemic power) and an Evo.

I like V8's, so I'd go with the Mustang. If you are leaning towards the Z, I would go with the G35 coupe. They seem to have less issues with tire feathering and from what I've read do have a slightly different suspension structure. Also, you get a year longer warranty for about the same price. Its a much nicer car in looks both inside and out, I think.

The big thing would be price, if you can find a deal on a Stang GT. If you pay full sticker, then you are in the same price range as a Z with the dealer at invoice on the Z, which you can get at most dealers now.
Old 7/5/05, 08:00 AM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Originally posted by Rampant@July 3, 2005, 11:49 AM
However, in regards to your comment about the Z's interior -- I have heard a ton of people complain about the cheapness of it. In fact, of the 4 Z's I have sat in, only 1 of the center consol compartments actually opened. The others were stuck shut.

Ultimately comes down to what you want out of your car. The Z is lighter and a little more fun in the twisties, the Mustang is easier to live with on a daily basis and easier to tune up to a hp monster. Looks is up to you (I like both for very different reasons).
I have to definately agree with Rampant on this one. I'm part of a car club (started as an Audi thing then everyone eventually got various other cars) so I've had the chance to drive my friend's 350Z track pack, another friend's Audi TT 225 and various others (as well as the 05 GT) and honestly, the 350Z interior felt very cheap. it's bland and plasticky and and scratches very easily. the doors are.....weird...they're so huge and empty. don't get me wrong, the car was a blast to drive, but it just doens't have that 'seat of the pants' fast feeling that you get from the mustang. it was funny, the TT felt faster around town then the Z, likely because of the turbo. i'm not from the US so i'm not going to give you a 'ra ra buy american' speech, but it seems like from reading your post that your heart does lie with the mustang.

think of it this way: picture yourself walking across a parking lot at the grocery store towards your car. picture it as a shiney 05 mustang. then, picture it as a shiney 350Z. what makes you smile more?
Old 7/5/05, 09:31 AM
GT Member

The only thing the Z has going for it is that there is a very cool looking orange that you can get it in. But that's definately not near enough reason to buy. Everything else (power, price, looks, history, etc.) all goes to the Mustang without a doubt.