Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

Teaching a punk a lesson

Search this Thread

Old 8/21/05, 08:17 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Sometimes you gotta stretch the legs..

I usually do it alone, with no one around....
... I really got nothing to prove to anyone.

I just love the look on their faces when you say 'no' or give them the 'waving finger - no' hand gesture....
They get ticked off big time and exhibit their MAD use of excelleration...

They ain't worth the gas, nor the time, nor the ticket sometimes...
Old 8/21/05, 08:37 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heck, at $3.00 a gallon, the worst I do is hit some higher speeds on the freeway... by higher is around 80mph... Frankly, cant afford it!

I did wanna get a plate holder that said "You pay for the gas..... I'll whoop your... hiney."
Old 8/21/05, 08:53 PM
FR500 Member

Ok, I'll pay for the gas. Meet you at the Beachball at Newport, just north of Balboa, next Sunday at high noon
Old 8/21/05, 08:59 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@August 21, 2005, 7:40 PM
Heck, at $3.00 a gallon, the worst I do is hit some higher speeds on the freeway... by higher is around 80mph... Frankly, cant afford it!

I did wanna get a plate holder that said "You pay for the gas..... I'll whoop your... hiney."

Be glad you're not driving a diesel, I saw it for 3.499/gallon last Thursday or Friday.
Old 8/21/05, 09:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Hatchman@August 21, 2005, 9:06 PM
Keep it safe, take it to the track. 10 bucks on test and tune nights, run all night 'till you're out o' gas and the tires are bald.
You bring up an interesting point.

I'm not sure where you live, but up here in Jersey, it's closer to $30 for a test & tune night. You'll be lucky to get in 3 - 5 passes if you show up at 4 PM and stay until noise curfew 9 PM. And that's on a weeknight.

Noise curfews... I really don't follow the logic. People willing MOVE NEXT TO A DRAG STRIP THAT'S BEEN AROUND FOR FORTY YEARS... then they complain about the noise. That's a pretty stupid person. It amazes me they have the aptitude to hold a job that affords them a home in the first place.

Anyway, at Englishtown Raceway I see cars all the way from New York. People are travelling across state lines to get to a drag strip! You can imagine how ridiculously overcrowded Englishtown is... even on Wednesday nights. Then people wonder why there's so much street racing going on... I'll tell ya why: because when you tell them to go the track, and all they do is sit around for HOURS between runs, they get bored, then mad, and then they leave. Then they do what they wanted to do at Englishtown on a backroad somewhere. And I hear they are trying to get the noise curfew upped to 7 PM... right, that's a GREAT idea. Especially in NJ, America's highest car insurance state.

We need more drag strips! Like or not, understand it or not, people like to race their cars. It's a national pasttime. They need a SAFE place to do it. There's a HUGE market for them. H U G E. There's even a movement in CA run by local police that try to get some old roadways revamped and sanctioned for drag strip use. They'd rather have them do it safely and legally.... but of course, even the police can't get it right due to various noise regulations, residential complaints, etc. I think the best they got was a 1/8 mile strip, no burnouts, two hour window of opportunity... that's not going to attract many people.

Everybody hems and haws about stopping street racing, but no one wants to take the measures to help reduce it. Yeah, it will never be completely erased, but I think if people had more legal areas to do it in, we wouldn't have as many people testing their vehicles limits on crowded public roadways. Typical armchair warrior hypocrisy, in my opinion.
Old 8/21/05, 11:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If I had the land and money, I'd gladly operate a track. Heck... Maybe even have more than a single 2 lane strip in the place...
Old 8/22/05, 12:53 AM
Cobra R Member

Ok,
For those of you who feel the need to flame, please spare me your holier-than-though lectures. This is a Mustang forum, and although I expected as much, the fact is that the Mustang is a performance car and once in a while I will open it up. If it displeases you go check out the "fuddy duddy" forums. I have few addictions in this life, and yes, one of them is speed. Ninety nine percent of the time I drive as "normally" as anyone else, but on occasion I just can't help myself. As another poster stated, let he who is "perfect" cast the first stone. I've been driving for 16 years without a single "at fault" accident, maybe 2 total. And no, it's not all luck.
Old 8/22/05, 08:28 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I enjoyed the story.

I must say though, I had a punk the other night. My wife and I were coming back from our "date night" when some unknown convertible got in my blind spot. I was doing the speed limit and he just hung in my blind spot. So, I slowed down to let him drift ahead and get out of my blind spot. He slows down. I sped back up to the speed limit, he matched. WTH?! Now I'm irritated and finally my wife says, "Get this guy out from beside us!" Its an empty stretch of road with no cars in sight. I drop into 2nd and punch the gas. In an instant, I'm several car lengths ahead and let him go out of sight, find a cross road that'll get me off the road, but still will take me home and I'm gone.

I have no idea what that was about, but I have no guilt using excessive speed there.
Old 8/22/05, 09:09 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I HATE....HATE .... HATE when guys do that...

Do they NOT realize they are in your blindspot?

I'd have done the same thing....
Old 8/22/05, 09:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

One of the worst is the people that don't know how to keep a constant speed. You're cruising down the highway with the cruise control on and the car that passes you... then slows down, so you pass them, only to have them speed up again get on your **** and repeat. Pick a speed! THEY are the people that need to eat tailpipe.