Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
now it's autoweek's turn
http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=101521
Old 1/10/05, 01:21 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
"... the GTO... wearing an auto-condom... from Blandsville."

And it beat the GT in the 1/4 mile by a full three tenth of a second! I am impressed!

Old 1/10/05, 03:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Sound the bell, it’s no contest: The winner is the Mustang GT."
Old 1/10/05, 11:40 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
hmmm this feels familiar. have i been here before? or does the GTO just still stink compared to our beloved stang?
Old 1/11/05, 11:01 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I see Ms. Neff wrote this article. This one is more more factual and well thought out. Plus, she praises the the mustang! Wow, impressive.

I may even renew my subscription.
Old 1/11/05, 04:50 PM

Maybe you boys should try trading in your diapers for a brain. I don't get it? America is finally starting to produce some quality muscle and here you are acting like I don't know what
How many fart can ricers do you see annoying the kaka out of you? But here you are ragging on an American Muscle Car :bang:
Need I mention that this is the 1st time that a Stock GT can honestly beat an 87 Buick, the point being that maybe the GTO got Ford to get the Mustang in the game
Quite honestly I would love to own a GT and a GTO

You can call me troll or whatever makes you happy but the simple fact is that you should be standing along side of your fellow American muscle car enthusiasts :angry: Yes, its great to compare and compete but do it for the right reasons!
Old 1/17/05, 11:12 AM
GTR Member

GTOs are fat ugly overweight POS's and they can't nearly compete with a Mach 1 or Cobra which is in their price range unlike the GT. The GTO is not Amreican Muscle, it is chinese/australian junk. why are we stuck with australias leftovers?
Old 1/19/05, 02:33 PM
GT Member

Wow, harsh words towards the GTO.
Old 1/20/05, 04:53 AM

I thought you Ford boys were smarter than this.
The amount of childish bashings that go around on many Ford forums (this one especially) is absolutely pitiful.

It seems Kensgn is one of the only forum members in this thread who's over the age of 18.
The Mustangs arent perfect, so no need for the harsh GTO bashing. Besides, its a better car than the 05 GT in many aspects.

Americans seems to have some obsessive compulsive disorder when it comes to cars. Big bonnet scoops, huge wings, fat bodykits, etc.
All these exterior gimmicks do nothing for the car in terms of performance. Lets leave that sort of childrens candy for the Honda boys.

The GTO isnt ugly, its sleek and clean with its looks. Just the way it should be. Retro-styling is just recycling what we've seen already and its no better than your complaints that the GTO is bland.

Now I'm a Ford supporter but I cant stand some of the morons who are on the "we love Ford" bandwagon.
Just because the Mustang GT sells better doesnt make it a better car. The majority sold will be V6's anyway.

Get over the whole my car is better than your car mindset and embrace the fact that America has another rear drive V8 coupe to show off which is always welcome.

Also with the Aussie bashing, thats just being pig headed.
We make higher quality cars and the GTO (while being downgraded in features and space compared to its Australian counterpart) is still a great example that you get what you pay for.

Besides, I think its great that the GTO has now raised the bar in how American car interiors should look like.
How many previous American muscle cars have interior quality like the GTO?
Its the 21st century, time to join the rest of the world and realise there's more to a car than going fast in a straight line!

/end rant
Old 1/20/05, 05:13 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
We all have views on different cars, and some of those are bound to be conflicting. Can we try to keep this debate to the cars themselves?

Be nice!

As for the Aussie cars, they are cool! we have just got the Monaro in the UK, cracking car for the price. I know other members of this board are very interested in the Australian Fords.

James
Old 1/29/05, 02:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Like I said before. The bland style factor of the GTO will be it's demise. GM had the oppertunity to build somthing great and they did not... Too bad....

I drove both cars before my purchase and 100% agree with most comments in the article. The GTO felt heavy and sluggish in hard driving situations. More like a sports sedan than a muscle car. The mustang feels solid and sure footed.

P.S. With gas going up to around $2.00 - 3.00/gal soon, I will gladely give up 1/4 sec 0-60 and three tenths in the 1/4 to be able to run on Regular vs Premium gas which is required for the GTO.
Old 1/29/05, 04:16 PM
GTR Member

GM will self-destruct the GTO with its styling. If they go ahead and build the 6.0 LS2 GTO The judge they will bring up sales and stir interest, but i have heard horror stories about the junk 6.0 Vortech