Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

2008 Camaro vs. 2008 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 2/9/07, 12:33 PM
Cam Tease

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nah, BC. You're clearly wrong. He's the only person that can possibly know anything about cars.
Old 2/9/07, 02:41 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AnotherMustangMan
Nah, BC. You're clearly wrong. He's the only person that can possibly know anything about cars.
Yeah, you're right. I forgot that no-one knows more about cars than car salesman.

Silly me.
Old 2/9/07, 03:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Let's see, I've hardly been outside today and I've checked out a Ram 2500V10-a super clean 99 with only 65k, not bad actually, another 1999 M3(with yet another lousy top and squeaks and creaks), an 03 20th aniv GTI-pretty decent but the right rims are rashed, (I have to get a repair guy in that can fix the 'black-chrome' finish wheels, great), a couple accord EX's(99 and 97, both as exciting as a toaster, but clean with good tires, both are scratched up though-we payed way too much for the 97 but stole the 99), a plymouth neon(unbelieveably it actually runs decent with 112k-airbox duct rattles on the valve cover badly though but an easy fix), an 04 RAV 4 that is lowered with 18" rims and a 15" dvd monitor and rediculous muffler of all things among many other TuRD parts(not to mention a wiring disaster; I said no-go its going to wholesale-needs brakes and a bunch of suspension problems fixed), an 05 TL(auto no nav-runs ok but leather is lousy and has a bunch of scuff marks-needs tires badly too they howl like a ***** and more wheel rash), and took an 07 EB expy EL to lunch. I have to look at a 2k mile 04 S281 tonight to see what is going on(customer says it has a 6-speed, very odd in a standard supercharged model but does have the BBK), because we are having trouble coming up with a buy figure on it. I may have to go to his house to check it out though. Still set up two more sales for tomorrow, and only came in at 11am...Yea, I'm just a car salesman stooge...

I'll make ya a good deal on a RAV if you're interested, I got it washed up for the wholesalers tomorrow morning, thank goodness it wasn't me who put the trade number on it, yikes......
Old 2/9/07, 06:24 PM
Cam Tease

Running errands doesn't grant you some exclusive insight into the goings on of the auto industry.
Old 2/9/07, 06:43 PM

I agree with things about Cars.
Old 2/9/07, 06:47 PM
Closet American

Running errands doesn't grant you some exclusive insight into the goings on of the auto industry.
Old 2/9/07, 06:50 PM

Also, did someone say "Please, Tell me about Your Day, Boring Car Salesman?"
Old 2/9/07, 08:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Nah I've just owned 30 cars(including 8 Mustangs), restored 4(2 '67 firebirds, a '74 240z and '76 260z), and owned Mazdas, Fords, Toyotas, Pontiacs/Chevys(60's), Chrysler(including a Shelby charger of all things 20 years ago), Nissans, and more, driven about 20,000(including GT40/GT500/every Saleen variation and every other SVT and SVO product ever made), and sold over 1,000 of them, including ones from every US-sold mainstream brand(including Jaguar, Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Acura, Lexus, Infiniti, Land Rover), and all the normal players. Trained and fully certified in Ford, Subaru, Toyota, and Acura products.. What have you done again, washed dad's car?
Old 2/10/07, 01:03 AM
Cobra Member

It gives him a heck a of a lot more insight than you have.
Old 2/10/07, 03:52 AM
Closet American

Once more into the breach...

Old 2/10/07, 09:57 AM
Cam Tease

Originally Posted by Vermillion06
It gives him a heck a of a lot more insight than you have.
Tha'ts a thoughtful statement. I mean, after all, you do know who I am and exactly how much I know. Salespeople get their news from the auto rags, just like the rest of us.
Old 2/10/07, 09:59 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Tha'ts a thoughtful statement. I mean, after all, you do know who I am and exactly how much I know. Salespeople get their news from the auto rags, just like the rest of us.
No, actually some companies spend quite a bit of time training their employees on product knowledge.
Old 2/10/07, 10:14 AM
V6 Member

i saw the camaro in the auto show in red great looking car but really its not for me i dont like the front end that much....its a great car and i respect the name but i would have to go with the new challenger im a 06 v6 mustang owner and im whaiting to see the big three come out with there new ponies then ill get the v8 if the mustang cant compete in horse power for the same price then ill go for the mopar......thats just me
Old 2/10/07, 10:36 AM
Cam Tease

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
No, actually some companies spend quite a bit of time training their employees on product knowledge.
Yeah, talking to your average Ford salesperson really proves that... Anything dealers know beyond your average auto enthusiast, they took it upon themselves to learn.
Old 2/10/07, 11:43 AM
I lust for a M24

Yeah, talking to your average Ford salesperson really proves that... Anything dealers know beyond your average auto enthusiast, they took it upon themselves to learn.
Well, think what you want. Fords got quite a system available for dealers to use. I've sat through the classes and actually have some material when the Focus was launched. What years were you selling cars for Ford?
Old 2/10/07, 01:03 PM
Cam Tease

I think we're straying from the real point here. The question is: Would you rather resurface your ice rink with ...a Mustang? or...a Zamboni?" Remember, only one of these two was invented by Frank J. Zamboni.

In all seriousness though, I think it's funny when people discount the knowledge of others. Sure Kevin knows about cars, but from what I can tell, BC knows more. (I of course --as a middle schooler blessed with the opportunity to wash his fathers car-- know everything, but I don't like to flaunt it.)
Old 2/10/07, 10:04 PM
Cobra Member

Tha'ts a thoughtful statement.
It's a lot more thoughtful than what you spew on this board.
I mean, after all, you do know who I am and exactly how much I know.
Let's see, a couple of years ago you were some high school kid writing articles for the school newspaper and posting them here. Just by the cocky, know-it-all smug attitude of your recent posts, what are you in college or community college by now?
Salespeople get their news from the auto rags, just like the rest of us.
kevinb120 has recounted numerous times how he evaluates domestic and imported used cars in his job. In his job he has driven and evaluated more cars than most non-automotive industry people will ever have. His job credentials and experience give him more insight into the auto industry than non-automotive people have access to . Excuse me, what are YOUR credentials again?
Old 2/10/07, 10:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Honestly, I don't think it's possible to get an accurate comparison when both vehicles do not physically exist yet.
Old 2/11/07, 01:11 AM
Cam Tease

Haha, I never claimed to be some middle aged bald dude. Proving that I'm in college (one of the best--hence my "smug know-it-all attitude") is sort of irrelevant. Yeah, he might be able to list the available rebates for the entire lineup at Chantilly Ford off the top of his head, but he knows nothing more about GM's Camaro development timetable than I or BC know--which you may remember, stemmed the original argument. I just get sick of Kevin's ridiculous bashing of non-Ford products, so I thought I'd stir the pot.
Old 2/11/07, 07:22 AM
I lust for a M24

Who accused you of being a middle aged bald dude? Or is that another arrogant, stereotypical, and erroneous statement?

Quick Reply: 2008 Camaro vs. 2008 Mustang