Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

2008 Camaro vs. 2008 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 9/28/06, 01:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Camaro vs. 2008 Mustang

now as much as i love my 06 gt, i have to say the new camaro is lookin ssswwweeet (sorry cant help it, i grew up in a italian family w/ a father who only drove IROC Z28s & Trans Ams lol)
this is a big decision, but if they make an IROC Z out of this new body im sold..lol sorry, how does everyone else feel about the newcamaro

dom

p.s. no Italian Retard Out Cruisin jokes .......lol
Old 9/28/06, 05:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
I think it will own the stang at the race track
Old 9/28/06, 06:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well, we really dont know what the future Mustang will be like. We also dont know that much about the new Camaro either, so its pretty difficult to make a judgement call for cars that will be produced two years from now.

The new Stang is supposed to be more aggressive, so if you like the camaro, the restyled stang might pique your interest. the engine should get a bump in power too, so it might not be as slow as people think. It should aslo be cheaper that the new camaro too, so if money is a concern for you, you may need to consider that as well.
Old 9/28/06, 07:06 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Seems like the 2008 Mustang will stay the same as it is now. They pushed back the redesign one year.
They're going to be behind the pack for a year against the Maro and the Chally
Old 9/28/06, 08:30 AM
V6 Member

I think both the Camaro and the Challenger will be faster than the Mustang until 2009. Both GM and DCX have more powerfull motors that they could put in a base model V8 that are more powerfull than the Mustang. Ford could put a N/A 5.4 or a 5.0 in the Mustang but it will likely be a special edition like a Mach1 or a Bullit.

Now with the Ford GT out of production, I think that Ford won't hesitate using the aluminum 5.4SC in the next GT500/Cobra. With 550hp and less weight it should be enough to clobber a 425hp Challenger and a 400hp Camaro. I don't think GM will put the LS7 in the Camaro as long as it offers the Corvette Z06. I think that supercharged LS9 is destined for a high performance Camaro.
Old 9/28/06, 09:50 AM
Cobra Member

It it official that there is going to be a 2008 Camaro? First it was 2006, then it was 2010, then I heard 2009....
Old 9/28/06, 11:17 AM

the camaro is def for fall of next year.. the problem that gm made with these cars IN THE 90'S N 2000'S is they put all the attention n goodies in the SS N WS6 Camaros n T/A's. if u really look at it the GT stang should be compared to the z28s n formula's... the hp is about the same on all three.... but because ford puts more care in there design from v6 to cobras, gt 500. unlike chevy who put together a sh*tty v6, a sh*tty v8 in sh*tty v6 body(if it wasnt for decals u never know thediff), n then they bombared the ss with so much stuff the it falls out of a lot of peoples price range.. then they have to settle on a z28, that has no nice designs or hood scoops, unlike the gt stangs...having used to be a gm guy this is what ultimatly drove to stangs..

so basically..if chevy wants to compete with mustang the have to be smart.. in this way...

FORD= gt500-top of the line- out of a lot of peoples price range
gt- great car we all love it n very affordable.. n u dont feel like ur losin ne thing cause it has its own look...that sets it appart from gt 500

CHEVY= SS- top of the line, make this car worth its money.. no 5.7l sh*t go 6.0 400hp
Z28- give its own look hood scoop stripes etc... set it apart from ss.. 5.7L 350 hp( same class as gt stang) n price range

IF CHEVY DOES THIS THEN WERE ALL GONNA HAVE SOME FUN IN 2009
Old 9/28/06, 01:47 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 06stalliongt
p.s. no Italian Retard Out Cruisin jokes .......lol
havn't heard any of these. Do tell!
Old 9/28/06, 02:16 PM

let me ask you this 06stalliongt when has the LS1 engine ever been sh*tty my LS1 runs more stangs home than any other car, seems like the same boys that want to play all the time with their new ride so it be there moms dads or theres but its always a mustang that trys to act as if it had some b@lls to really play with a real motor, i gotta give it to you that 4.6 or whatever you have in there must really make you feel as if you were god in that stang.

the LS1 has out preformed every mustang that rolled of the line in the 90s its not hard to belive it but its true.

i swear some of you mustang boys are just like ricers
Old 9/28/06, 02:39 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by LS1z28
let me ask you this 06stalliongt when has the LS1 engine ever been sh*tty my LS1 runs more stangs home than any other car, seems like the same boys that want to play all the time with their new ride so it be there moms dads or theres but its always a mustang that trys to act as if it had some b@lls to really play with a real motor, i gotta give it to you that 4.6 or whatever you have in there must really make you feel as if you were god in that stang.

the LS1 has out preformed every mustang that rolled of the line in the 90s its not hard to belive it but its true.

Not sure what your ranting about. Hey the LS1 was a Great V8. I have yet to meet an owner of one that doesn't have theirs burn oil though. The 4.6L is a fantastic engine. the only problem with it is its bore spacing limiting its displacment.

And you can check the record books but i'm pretty sure most of the records in Drag Racing were mustangs in the 90's.
Old 9/28/06, 02:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Im not sure why he referred to the LS1 as a crappy motor, as it is certainly a good engine with good power and better torque. he may have just been knocking it compared to the new 6.0 LS2.

However, the LS1 certainly has not outperformed every mustang made in the 1990s. It made more power than the mustang engines, but the cars it was in werent faster than all of the Mustangs. No one is going to debate that since 1993, the average camaro/firebird has better in straight-line acceleration than the average mustang, but that came at the cost of a higher price. It's a give a take. Plus, Ford must've been doing something right, because the mustang was far outselling the GM f-bodies combined, before GM axed them.
Old 9/28/06, 03:11 PM

MY BAD.. that was worded wrong i ment they put the ls1 motor in a sh*tty body, hence the ugliness of the z28 and how it dosent stand out from the 6 cyl.. where as the the base v8 from ford has more appeal and it seperates itself from the v6 n the gt500... this wasnt bashing chevy as ls1z28 might think.. cause i also own a 89 iroc z28 350 5.7 & 84 trans am 5.0 305HO, im just saying they (4th gen camaros) there werent appealing at all compared to the mustang..an hopefully that will change in 2009
Old 9/28/06, 07:24 PM

i'm used to the ricers around here in town and when i say ls1 they act as if its a v6 and really belive they can pull me then when i walk them they always say its american muslce. i used to have a 82lx stang that i bought from a friend for $25 with a blown 4 in it and put a 351 windsor in it and that thing was a beast till i let my cusin drive it, im not used to hearing stang guys dis on other american muscle cars thats why i flipped out. and also 06 stanllion everyone thinks i have a v6 in my z so it kinda sucks time to time but when i nail it and they all jump kinda makes up for how gm did make the f bodys no diff from v6 to v8 models.
Old 9/28/06, 08:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have argued this point for years with Chevy guys. It is quite difficult to gain any credibility when the 70CID advantaged LS1 Camaros and Trans Ams beat the Mustangs in the straight line race. In reality, the difference isn't really all that much considering the size advantage of the engine is taken into consideration. If you want to compare equilly, I suggest comparing '03 and '04 Cobras to the LS1 Camaros. Of course what you have then is the loser Camaros complaining that the Cobra has a blower. Well, guess what, you have a 70CID advantage in displacement.

Just remember that when GM and Ford offered equivalent engines in the '80s (305 vrs 302) the Fords OWNED the GMS. Period. The 305 was an anemic POS which is why GM decided to put the 350 in those cars. They couldn't beat us with their 305 so they were forced to do the 350. While that was going on, Ford worked their way into the smaller overhead cam engines. As I said, If you're going to compare, IMO you need to compare terminator to the LS1.
Old 9/29/06, 12:37 AM

that was exactly my point ls1z28.. n im hoping that will change in 2009
Old 9/29/06, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Knight
havn't heard any of these. Do tell!
back in the 80's this was the ongoing joke of what IROC meant... especially here in NY since most of the people who dorve it where italian guido's( though i shouldn't make fun cause i happen to fall into this category..lol not by choice it just happens.. ) especially if you would have saw the stang after italy won the world cup..
Old 9/30/06, 08:44 PM
GT Member

I havn't been overly impressed with the looks of the 08 Camaro or the 09 Stang. Lets hope when they start production, both come out looking good. Also looking forward to seeing the Challenger. Reminds me of the muscle car wars in the 60's and 70's. If we get a repeat of that, then were all winners.
Old 10/1/06, 07:01 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
I think it will own the stang at the race track
True dat, but we will see how the F5's IRS holds up when sticky tires and big power is in the mix, and to the IRS fans, yeah, yeah I know that it ain't all running the quarter, but thats where most of the action is gonna happen.
Old 10/1/06, 07:07 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
play with a real motor

Oh man, how did you know? Must'a been that testostavision that all Chevy guys suffer from??????
Old 10/2/06, 11:04 PM
GT Member

I'm just glad all the American muscle cars are comming back to show all these people driving little economy cars with giant mufflers and 20 ft tall aluminum spoilers what a real performance car is.

Quick Reply: 2008 Camaro vs. 2008 Mustang