Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

'05 Corvette vs '05 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 9/22/04, 01:20 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Swede@September 22, 2004, 1:20 PM
Flyinlow was spot on, but like it's been stated, this is a Mustang 2005 forum.
Maybe I am missing something, but I see this as a valid thread for this forum, its comparing the 2005 Mustang to the C6 Vette.
Old 9/22/04, 01:35 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by holderca1+September 22, 2004, 1:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (holderca1 @ September 22, 2004, 1:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Swede@September 22, 2004, 1:20 PM
Maybe I am missing something, but I see this as a valid thread for this forum, its comparing the 2005 Mustang to the C6 Vette. [/b][/quote]
Well, for starters you obviously didn't read Flyinlow's post. I just dont think you can compare the two cars. Moreover, If people start threads comparing the Stang with all sorts of different cars, at any pricerange, this would no longer be a mustang forum. In that case it would be better to have a brand new forum that deals with comparing cars.

Huh...
Old 9/22/04, 01:49 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Swede+September 22, 2004, 1:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Swede @ September 22, 2004, 1:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by holderca1@September 22, 2004, 1:23 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Swede
@September 22, 2004, 1:20 PM

Maybe I am missing something, but I see this as a valid thread for this forum, its comparing the 2005 Mustang to the C6 Vette.
Well, for starters you obviously didn't read Flyinlow's post. I just dont think you can compare the two cars. Moreover, If people start threads comparing the Stang with all sorts of different cars, at any pricerange, this would no longer be a mustang forum. In that case it would be better to have a brand new forum that deals with comparing cars.

Huh... [/b][/quote]
Well, technically you can compare anything, there just may not be very many similarities. I see no problem with a thread that compares vehicles, if that's what people want to discuss then have at it. That's what these forums are for.
Old 9/22/04, 01:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 148 Likes on 104 Posts
Talking

I guess it depends on what YOU want. I drove a new C6 last week. It is nice. It is fast (probably faster than a C5 Z06).

It's twice as much as a Mustang (when you add taxes, insurance, balh, blah). If you want it and can afford a $50,000++ car that will be worth $30K in 3 years, why not get one?

Me? I have the Mustang spirit. It's something that makes you want to only own and drive Mustangs. I'd never consider any other car. I guess I'm addicted to them.
Old 9/22/04, 02:03 PM
GT Member

I'm enjoying reading this recurring subthread, the same way I enjoy scratching my hemorroids. It does feel good to scratch them, but I'd be better off without these itchy, bleeding, oh, never mind...just like I'd be better off without these comments. Apparently some people simply don't want to read anyting but Mustangs here. Why they can't simply go to another topic or board is unknown to me. The fact is that this topic deals with '05 Mustangs as compared to other vehicles qualifies itself for discussion here. Certainly there are other cars on the road Mustangs come up against. Against a C5 a '05 GT has no chance.

Even more pertinent is that the C5 is currently a better value than our beloved '05 GT. And that is sad.

Excuse me, I'm off the the pharmacy for some Preparation H.
Old 9/22/04, 02:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by acadian@September 22, 2004, 11:01 AM
If you want to discuss the C6, go to a Corvette forum. Why would anyone even think about comparing the Mustang to the Corvette? It's not even about Mustang vs. Corvette, or Ford vs. Chevy. It's the fact that they are in completely different classes. I should start a new thread, "Compare the '05 Mustang GT with the '05 Mustang V6". That would be even better than this thread. Apples and oranges.
You can compare 2 of anything. It sounds like he is trying to decide which one to buy taking into account all the factors (Including the fact that they are in different classes/price levels). On one hand he likes the performance of the Vette, but the price is obviously better on the stang. So don't tell him to go to a different forum. He is welcome here.
Old 9/22/04, 02:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 148 Likes on 104 Posts
Originally posted by Stinky Old Fart@September 22, 2004, 2:06 PM
Even more pertinent is that the C5 is currently a better value than our beloved '05 GT. And that is sad.

The C5 is a '04. It is being discounted due to the fact that the C6 is here.

Why not compare the '04 C5 to a '04 Cobra (also heavy discounts now). You can get a '04 Cobra for $30k vs. the C5's $45K. (I am using invoice minus published rebates).

Does the vette include the gold chain?

OR, you could buy both!!
Old 9/22/04, 02:56 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by 95cobraR@September 22, 2004, 2:53 PM
Why not compare the '04 C5 to a '04 Cobra (also heavy discounts now).
A vaild thought. Comparing the C5 to the '04 Cobra bodes well for the Ford. Both are high performance and both are heavily discounted.

Thanks for suggestion 95cobraR.
Old 9/22/04, 03:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

See, this thread is making people talk about the '05, so that's great....isn't what we're suppose to do after all....talk about subjects related to the Mustang....
Old 9/22/04, 03:02 PM
Cobra Member

I've owned a '99 GT Mustang and an '02 Vette, and I not sorry to say the Vette beats the Mustang in every category. Believe it or not, the insurance really is cheaper, it gets better gas mileage, has less structural issues (rattles), better paint, and handles like a dream. The torque of the LS1 in a lighter car is unbelieveable. I still like Mustangs, and that is why I ordered an '05, but I like Vettes too. The Mustang is built to a sub-$20k price point (V-6), and the Vette is built to a $45K+ price point, so one should expect more car if they pay more. The Vette is also a true sports car and the Mustang is a pony car, which is an apples to oranges comparison, as mentioned before.

The downsides to the vette are having a $45K + car depreciate into half its value vs. having a $26K car loose half its value over a similar period of time. The cost of the runflat tires is also outrageous. It is just a matter of taste and $$$$. I want a car I can pay off within a year, and I can't do that with a Vette.
Old 9/22/04, 03:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by lodom@September 22, 2004, 3:05 PM
I've owned a '99 GT Mustang and an '02 Vette, and I not sorry to say the Vette beats the Mustang in every category. Believe it or not, the insurance really is cheaper, it gets better gas mileage, has less structural issues (rattles), better paint, and handles like a dream. The torque of the LS1 in a lighter car is unbelieveable. I still like Mustangs, and that is why I ordered an '05, but I like Vettes too. The Mustang is built to a sub-$20k price point (V-6), and the Vette is built to a $45K+ price point, so one should expect more car if they pay more. The Vette is also a true sports car and the Mustang is a pony car, which is an apples to oranges comparison, as mentioned before.

The downsides to the vette are having a $45K + car depreciate into half its value vs. having a $26K car loose half its value over a similar period of time. The cost of the runflat tires is also outrageous. It is just a matter of taste and $$$$. I want a car I can pay off within a year, and I can't do that with a Vette.
That was with your old 'Stang....Can't compare it with the new body style......two different worlds.....I say forget about rattles and stuff, this one is way better in every aspect whether it be motor or chassis related.......
Old 9/22/04, 03:14 PM
Bullitt Member

oh man whats next mustang vs. enzo? or maybe mustang vs. mclaren F1 LM
Old 9/22/04, 03:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 05GT4me@September 22, 2004, 3:17 PM
oh man whats next mustang vs. enzo? or maybe mustang vs. mclaren F1 LM
maybe a Mustang VS Hyundai accent..... :shock:
Old 9/22/04, 03:29 PM
Bullitt Member

The C6 is a great car, and yes this a bad comparison, but my question is who really chooses between a C5 and GT????? I mean.... I don't get it.

But if you want my vote, go for the C6 it's gonna be a while before any stock mustang deserves to be in the same sentence as any corvette. And this whole retro styling thing that everyone is so in love with is going to get extremely old, incredibly quick once the fleet of stangs we pass everyday starts looking forty years old its going to be easy to hate. :shock:

Also, who uses the rear seats in Stangs anyway, plus the C6 has more trunk space, and has a lot more in the way of simple usability than past models. Plus with some of the options available it's easily comparable to some of the Bimmer and MBs best.
Old 9/22/04, 03:38 PM
GT Member

You could just wait and get the new BMW M5?

Old 9/22/04, 03:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by wantan05@September 22, 2004, 3:41 PM
You could just wait and get the new BMW M5?

Yeah, or I was gonna say just spring for an XLR. or wait ont the XLR-V :worship:
Old 9/22/04, 03:50 PM
GT Member

Wow, this is starting to look like a Motortrend thread.
Old 9/22/04, 04:35 PM

Originally posted by 1970Bird@September 22, 2004, 4:53 PM
Wow, this is starting to look like a Motortrend thread.
LMFAO.

This is a legitamite question. The people that pounced on the poster need to turn down their enthusiasm. (or tunnel vision)

So what I would like to hear is from people who have seen/driven both to compare? Even if you have sat/seen both. Toss in your opinions and comparisons

I have not driven either. I will say that I have driven or ridden in every Mustang and Vette since the mid-80's (with the exception of the 06 vette/05 stang). The cars are different in the target consumer, in the price, and in performance. There are people like Lirathal that have the means ($$$) and the desire to look into both cars. I salute you Lirathal. You are officially a car guy. I like anything American and fast (although some authentic Japanese sports cars have caught my attention).

Vettes only have 2 seats, which has limited practicallity. A Mustang "can" seat 4 people, which makes it an option as a daily driver/small family car. If you have a vette and a family, then the other car is a utility vehicle or you have 3 cars.

My Lightning has been border-line with the capabilities of seating 3 (uncomfortablly). I currently have no he11 spawn, so it's not a big issue.

My 1993 Stang is only a street/strip vehicle.

The wife may get to try out the 05 Stang.
Old 9/22/04, 05:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Sand + Vagina = Thread.

EDIT: So this has some substance to it, the Mustang and Corvette are compared because they're both American icons, the GTO hasn't really taken off yet, they square off in Trans-Am racing, etc.

They're also absolutely fabulous values for what you get in their respective market niches.
Old 9/22/04, 05:27 PM
GT Member

" "

Quick Reply: '05 Corvette vs '05 Mustang