From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

Trade In Values

Search this Thread

Old 9/18/07, 06:30 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 172 Likes on 115 Posts
Trade In Values

Hopefully some of you can help shed some light on this for me. Ordered a new mustang from this dealer, should have been built yesterday and scheduled for delivery around Oct 4th. Can anyone tell me what the standard is if you have a trade where the vehicle report says "rear end impact".

I took my Expedition to my dealer for an appraisal and they put about $2,300 LESS than kbb's blue book trade in value on it I already ran kbb for an estimate on what to expect, so when they put that number on it, I was completely shocked. I know you all look at different books than the consumers do. My vehicle is extremely clean, well maintained, it is in better than "good" condition. Yes, I was rear ended, there was no bodywork done to the vehicle. New bumper, new hitch and there was some frame damage, so they straightened it. Tell me, does the vehicle report state the repairs that were made? I didn't think so, but I could be wrong, I'm just the consumer. I understand that they have to sell my vehicle to a wholesaler, but is it standard to lower the trade-in value by that much?

I'm thinking that I'm so incredibly insulted by this offer that I don't want to do business with them and tell them they can keep the mustang and find another buyer. We are x-plan, so I'm thinking they are trying to make some money somewhere. I am perfectly willing to walk away and find another dealer. Last year my husband purchased a new F350 from this dealer and we've since sent a friend his way who purchased an F250.

Any input would be helpful!
Old 9/18/07, 10:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Jill, what did they value the Expy to in terms of rating via KBB? Depending on how many miles the vehicle has, that is how they will see the car as. To be honest, nothing is excellent condition with average mileage. The only way something is "excellent" in terms of KBB pricing, is an extremely low mileage, mint condition, no damage vehicle. We traded in a 2000 Corvette several years back. Supercharged, with only 2,000 miles. Garaged kept. This was considered "excellent". PM me some specifics if you don't want them posted, and I'll give you my $.02.