From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

Trade In/Ordering Help

Search this Thread

Old 9/3/05, 06:37 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by trojanmike34@September 3, 2005, 2:02 AM
Hey Guys,

I thought i'd post my questions online before going in and talking to a dealer.

I bought a 2005 F150 Lariat Supercrew in February '05. I have put about 6500 miles on the truck since then. I don't use the truck as much as I thought I would and would like to trade it in for a 2005 (or 2006) Mustang GT. I did a Kelly Blue Book estimate on the truck and found the trade in value of the car to be around $27,000.

I contacted a few dealerships over the phone and questioned them about an "X-Plan discount" I have available. I used this discount on my truck and would love to use it on a new Mustang GT. All of the dealerships said that I would only be able to use this discount on a new Mustang GT if I ordered the car from Ford.

I was just wondering what the best way to go into this is. Do they give me a value for my trade in...and take my truck in when the Mustang arrives? Do I have to give them my car once I order the new Mustang? How long does the car usually take to arrive? What does the X-Plan discount usually equate to? I built my car online at the Ford website and it ended up costing around 29,000 MSRP.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Mike
Usually a dealer will give you an estimated trade allowance with the understanding that the vehicle will be reappraised when the new car comes in. The reason for this is, one - you will have more miles on the truck, two- there could be damage on the vehicle that was not there when they 1st looked at it, and three - vehicles depreciate monthly and according to market conditions plus they do not know when your new vehicle would be coming in.
As for how long to arrive, that all depends on your dealers allocation and what percentage of GT's they will be able to get as well as how many other orders are ahead of you.
X-plan price is real close to dealer invoice [usually slightly under].

Don't be surprised if you do not get anywhere near Kelly book for your truck. With the Ford employee pricing going on right now, a new Supercrew 4x4 Lariet can be bought for just a little over $32,000 with an MSRP of over $42,000.

Hope this helps a little.