From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

Who should I believe?

Search this Thread

Old 8/31/05, 10:54 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ERL today: "As of August 26, your car has shipped with an estimated delivery week of September 5"

Dealer call today: "Looks like your car should be here on September 15."

I didn't mention ERL to him as its a dealer-only number, but would my dealer have better information than the automated number? Any similar experiences? I know its only a week difference or so, but darn! :bang:
Old 8/31/05, 11:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Maybe hes padding the time, just in case theres the infamous complications. Maybe he wasnt to drive it for a week!
Old 8/31/05, 11:13 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it too much. My dealer said my car would show up 3 weeks after the build date. 3 days after the build date I showed up at the dealership. Why? because I saw my car sitting on the delivery truck in their parking lot.
Old 8/31/05, 11:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ClemJoe628@August 31, 2005, 9:57 AM
ERL today: "As of August 26, your car has shipped with an estimated delivery week of September 5"

Dealer call today: "Looks like your car should be here on September 15."

I didn't mention ERL to him as its a dealer-only number, but would my dealer have better information than the automated number? Any similar experiences? I know its only a week difference or so, but darn! :bang:
ERL is probably right, but your dealer is probably giving himself 10 days to inspect and make sure it will be there when he tells you. Nothing makes a customer more upset than being told his/her vehicle will be there and it not arrive. Also there might be shipping delays, etc... He's just trying to make sure it will actually be there when he says it will be there.
Old 8/31/05, 12:30 PM
Bullitt Member

At least your doesnt still say C/U
Old 8/31/05, 12:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would guess that the delivery week that the Evil Robot Lady (ERL) describes is the vehicle's arrival at the local loading yard. A time delay would result from local truck shipping from the loading yard (i.e. the train drop-off site) to the dealership.
Old 8/31/05, 03:42 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Maybe he wants to display it on the showroom floor for a week.
Old 9/3/05, 07:51 AM
GT Member

Well now ERL told me my car is 'at the ramp'. I'm glad its "at the ramp", but I'd like it "at my house". Anyone have an ballpark idea on how long it takes from ramp to dealer? I'm starting to think that the 15th is a bunch of bull and maybe to call the dealer again...