From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

Might Be Looking At An Edge

Search this Thread

Old 12/27/07, 04:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Might Be Looking At An Edge

Hello,
Just as the title implies, the wife and I might be heading to the dealership to look at an Edge before the new year. I have read the stickies by I Sell Ford and posts by 05fordgt and they have helped greatly. I see on the ford website that there is $1,500 in rebates and incentives.

I have a couple of questions before we go and any help would be appreciated.

First, how can I find out if there are any financing specials or more rebates without giving out all of my personal information.

Second, is there any way to get an x-plan, and if I do, do those rebates still apply.

And third, I have searched the dealers lots on the web and the prices for the different trim levels SE, SEL, and LIMITED, are higher than the MSRP for each at the ford website (with the exception being Cherokee Ford). Why is this?

My Zip code is 30062 if that helps any

Thanks in advance to all of the help!
Old 12/27/07, 09:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Laser98
Hello,
Just as the title implies, the wife and I might be heading to the dealership to look at an Edge before the new year. I have read the stickies by I Sell Ford and posts by 05fordgt and they have helped greatly. I see on the ford website that there is $1,500 in rebates and incentives.

I have a couple of questions before we go and any help would be appreciated.

First, how can I find out if there are any financing specials or more rebates without giving out all of my personal information.

Second, is there any way to get an x-plan, and if I do, do those rebates still apply.

And third, I have searched the dealers lots on the web and the prices for the different trim levels SE, SEL, and LIMITED, are higher than the MSRP for each at the ford website (with the exception being Cherokee Ford). Why is this?

My Zip code is 30062 if that helps any

Thanks in advance to all of the help!
Hey Dave, hows it going? Just saw your new thread and wanted to help ya out. Your 1st question, about the incentives without giving out personal info? No need to do that. Since you provided me your ZIP, I just ran the programs for you. Yep, the rebates total $1,500 OR you can take a $500 rebate plus a 5.9% APR for 60 months. Now,these programs are good till January 2nd. And we don't really know what they will be until that day, later in the afternoon.

2ndly, about the X-Plan? Yep, you can get a PIN number if you don't work for a company who is a "partner". Just go over to Blueovalnews.com, register, and in the Ford Employee forum, and post a thread that states you need a PIN. BTW, do you know if your company qualifies? If you don't mind posting your company, I'll be happy to check the list. And the list of companies is LONG. Alot of people don't even know they qualify. Had a fellow who didn't want to pay the advertising Ford has on all cars (Edmunds doesn't include it on their price breakdowns. Plus everyone pays it, even I did on my car, and I get D-Plan). I asked him who he works for. Told me Motorola. PERFECT, he gets X-Plan. Made the deal and he was thrilled I found that discount for him. Once you get a PIN, all the incentives apply for an X-Plan sale as well. Plus on some vehicles, there may be extra X-Plan cash m(just checked this too, no special cash on 2008 Edges. Also, just to let you know, when you apply for a PIN online, the fellow who is getting you the PIN will ask for name, address, and last 4 of SS#. This is normal, just so you know).

3rd question. About the prices being higher than Ford's website? This is the 1st I have ever heard of this? I really can't answer why this is. Prices should be the same (its like this on Ford's website and our website). Only thing I can think, the dealer just adds to the price, to show more discount, when you start to negotiate. Just remember, if you do get an X-Plan, the price is set, as its printed on the invoice.

Well, I think I got covered all your bases. Hope this is of some help to ya. If you have any further questions, please feel free to PM me or post up. You can even call me if you like. Glad to help out another forum member. Goodl luck bud!

Jeff
Old 12/28/07, 10:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Jeff, thanks for the quick response, hopefully we will be riding in a new Edge soon. Our local newspaper has an add today for 07 Edges with either $2500 off or 0% financing for 60 months. My only concern now is the trade in value on the Explorer..... it has gone down 4k in 6 months
Old 12/28/07, 03:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Laser98
Jeff, thanks for the quick response, hopefully we will be riding in a new Edge soon. Our local newspaper has an add today for 07 Edges with either $2500 off or 0% financing for 60 months. My only concern now is the trade in value on the Explorer..... it has gone down 4k in 6 months
No problem bud. Glad to help. Yep, the value of ALL SUV's which have less than desirable gas mileage, their values are droppiing like boat anchors in the water. Nothing can really be done on this.
Old 12/29/07, 12:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

The Edge is an awesome ride. We dumped the wifes Benz and got an 07 AWD SEL loaded up w/o the nav. We love it. We bought at invoice price back in May.
Try to do the best deal you can keeping in mind that there are 07 Edges' coming into the market from car rental outfits. That always messes up the resale value. But, on the other hand, if you don't have to have new that's a way to get a deal.
On your Explorer, my experiance has been any car I've bought lately seems to drop 10K within one year and then level off. Even my 06 Stang trade-in is 10K off MSRP already, which I did only pay invioce for too.
The good thing about trade in is tax credit and it's done quickly without waiting to sell, which on SUV might be tough now a days.