From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

Manual Transmission Holdup

Search this Thread

Old 8/8/05, 10:23 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, I was just informed by my dealer that there is a holdup on manual transmission orders because of some problem, he did not know what it was, just wondering if you had heard anything, thanks as always.
Old 8/8/05, 10:33 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by pcfrisch@August 8, 2005, 10:26 AM
Hi, I was just informed by my dealer that there is a holdup on manual transmission orders because of some problem, he did not know what it was, just wondering if you had heard anything, thanks as always.

In the Chicago region it shows the availability of manual transmissions at 25% of build.. I do not sse nor have I heard of any rpoblems with them.
Old 8/8/05, 10:38 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by ISELLFORD@August 8, 2005, 12:36 PM
In the Chicago region it shows the availability of manual transmissions at 25% of build.. I do not sse nor have I heard of any rpoblems with them.
Thanks, being in Michigan, I guess I am a part of that region, I don't know where my dealer gets his information, but he admits he does not follow it that closely.
I had an 05 on order but they ran out of allocations, so he put me as number 1 for an 06, he told me he is already out of allocations for this year, wow.
Old 8/8/05, 12:14 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by pcfrisch@August 8, 2005, 10:41 AM
Thanks, being in Michigan, I guess I am a part of that region, I don't know where my dealer gets his information, but he admits he does not follow it that closely.
I had an 05 on order but they ran out of allocations, so he put me as number 1 for an 06, he told me he is already out of allocations for this year, wow.
If you were #1 in his allocations, that means he did not get a Mustang allocted for '06. Ford gives ALL dealers at least one at the beginning of the model year.
Old 8/8/05, 12:27 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by ISELLFORD@August 8, 2005, 2:17 PM
If you were #1 in his allocations, that means he did not get a Mustang allocted for '06. Ford gives ALL dealers at least one at the beginning of the model year.
Now you are starting to scare me, are you 100% certain that I should have been seralized by now?
Old 8/8/05, 01:03 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by pcfrisch@August 8, 2005, 12:30 PM
Now you are starting to scare me, are you 100% certain that I should have been seralized by now?

If there were no commodity issues and your order was a buildable order then if you were their only order I would assume you should have been scheduled already. The 1st months allocation period has one more week which is Thursday night so if it does not pull then, I would be asking my dealer why.
Old 8/8/05, 01:12 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by ISELLFORD@August 8, 2005, 3:06 PM
If there were no commodity issues and your order was a buildable order then if you were their only order I would assume you should have been scheduled already. The 1st months allocation period has one more week which is Thursday night so if it does not pull then, I would be asking my dealer why.
OK, I just got off the phone with him, he said there was a issue with the manual transmissions, and his auto transmissions orders have been pulled and that the next time they pull for standards, mine will be serialized. I guess that is what you mean by commodity issue. That is why I asked you about manual transmission problems.
I really hate this.
Old 8/9/05, 08:10 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by pcfrisch@August 8, 2005, 3:15 PM
OK, I just got off the phone with him, he said there was a issue with the manual transmissions, and his auto transmissions orders have been pulled and that the next time they pull for standards, mine will be serialized. I guess that is what you mean by commodity issue. That is why I asked you about manual transmission problems.
I really hate this.
Well, I talked to the new car sales manager about this and he said this happens once in a while, he said the transmissions at that pull were being used for the verts, does that make sense?
Old 8/9/05, 09:04 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by pcfrisch@August 9, 2005, 8:13 AM
Well, I talked to the new car sales manager about this and he said this happens once in a while, he said the transmissions at that pull were being used for the verts, does that make sense?

It does make sense. Commodities are a strange thing. There are so many combinations that have to line up each week for a unit to pull.
Old 8/9/05, 09:11 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by ISELLFORD@August 9, 2005, 11:07 AM
It does make sense. Commodities are a strange thing. There are so many combinations that have to line up each week for a unit to pull.
Thanks for your timely responses and help!