From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

Listing for GT500

Search this Thread

Old 8/11/05, 10:21 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I received some disturbing news yesterday. Even though I started the list for the Shelby at the dealership I have been talking to they are now changing it. They said that not all salesmen knew that a list had started so they are taking up to 100 names and then when the order bank opens they will do a mass email to all people on the list. The first to respond with the color they want as well will be giving X number that they are getting.

I was a little dissappointed to say the least when I heard this. Anyone out there know of another dealership that might have a shorter list that won't rape me?

I am not picky on where the dealership is located, will travel just about anywhere ... except France. :nono:
Old 8/11/05, 12:05 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by MilStang@August 11, 2005, 10:24 AM
Well I received some disturbing news yesterday. Even though I started the list for the Shelby at the dealership I have been talking to they are now changing it. They said that not all salesmen knew that a list had started so they are taking up to 100 names and then when the order bank opens they will do a mass email to all people on the list. The first to respond with the color they want as well will be giving X number that they are getting.

I was a little dissappointed to say the least when I heard this. Anyone out there know of another dealership that might have a shorter list that won't rape me?

I am not picky on where the dealership is located, will travel just about anywhere ... except France. :nono:

Good luck. Most dealerships do not know how many of these cars they will be getting at this point. Our dealership has a 5 person waiting list at this time with deposits. Other than the 1st two customers which I know we will have enough to fill, I told the other 3 that we would get them a car even if we had to buy it from another dealer and at this point we had no idea of a price but it surely will be over MSRP as we will at least have to pay that to other dealers to get cars.
Old 8/11/05, 03:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Thanks Ed for the response. I had a PM and Brad and Scott helped point me to a dealer in Alabama.

Now I will just keep my fingers crossed.

Brian
Old 8/11/05, 03:36 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Keep us updated Brian. You get the car and its in Bham, you might have a call from the dealer saying a friend of yours is already here waiting to test drive it for you.
Old 8/11/05, 07:48 PM
Cobra R Member

Roger that!