From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

Anyway I could obtain a .pdf of my window sticker?

Search this Thread

Old 4/1/07, 03:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyway I could obtain a .pdf of my window sticker?

VIN: 1ZVHT82H375331905

I swear this car can't get here fast enough.
Old 4/1/07, 05:08 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by cmplxlgc
VIN: 1ZVHT82H375331905

I swear this car can't get here fast enough.
Ask the dealer. Some might be able to figure it out and a few of them might actually do it for you.
If you can get hold of the right person who works for Ford, they can do it.
The last person who was giving them out that I know of was told to cease and desist almost a year ago.
Old 4/1/07, 05:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by karman
Ask the dealer. Some might be able to figure it out and a few of them might actually do it for you.
If you can get hold of the right person who works for Ford, they can do it.
The last person who was giving them out that I know of was told to cease and desist almost a year ago.
I think he's just wants to know what options his car will have. And, I think the Monroney sticker is one of the last things to be done to the car.

But, once you get your car, just make a copy of the sticker on a copier that sends pdf files. That way, you can just email the pdf to yourself.

also, your dealer CAN get you the sticker well after you have purchased the car. I got my car used, and it didn't come with the window sticker. But, I found out the dealer that sold the car originally, and they were able to get me the sticker.

Thank you Mustang Enthusiast for having that article.
Old 4/1/07, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by mikes rx
I think he's just wants to know what options his car will have. And, I think the Monroney sticker is one of the last things to be done to the car.

But, once you get your car, just make a copy of the sticker on a copier that sends pdf files. That way, you can just email the pdf to yourself.

also, your dealer CAN get you the sticker well after you have purchased the car. I got my car used, and it didn't come with the window sticker. But, I found out the dealer that sold the car originally, and they were able to get me the sticker.

Thank you Mustang Enthusiast for having that article.
I got my pdf file in March 2006.
My car was built March 29th.
I got the car on Aprill 11, 2006.
The point is I had the sticker before the car was built in pdf format direct from Ford.
It sucks that we don't have an insider in Ford to do this anymore.
Old 4/1/07, 07:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by karman
I got my pdf file in March 2006.
My car was built March 29th.
I got the car on Aprill 11, 2006.
The point is I had the sticker before the car was built in pdf format direct from Ford.
It sucks that we don't have an insider in Ford to do this anymore.
I didn't know you could get a PDF of the window sticker before the car was completed. That's pretty cool
Old 4/1/07, 08:13 PM

Ford doesn't want you to know that (and they don't want you to have it).
Old 4/1/07, 08:18 PM
Bullitt Member

It's kinda funny, you'd think Ford would be happy to hear that we're interested in the production and details of their products. It's not like we don't have the right to know. It is our money we're giving them. Instead they shut people up who are out to further the brand by helping out the little people.

Reguardless, I'm happy my ride's on the way.
Old 5/19/07, 06:21 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
yeah, loosing Kzinti and all his info was a great loss to ford buyers...I got my sticker(s) a week and a half before too- very cool to impatient buyer, then tracking the car on its journey...there was a guy in there(was over at blueoval) that had a 'vinned car that never got built'- I suggested he have Kzinti run the vin to see where it went- cause if its got a vin, it got built- and guess whose deposited retail ordered car got dealer traded. this kind of crap was one of the biggest reasons we NEEDED factory info, but a lot of dealers seemed uncomfortable at buyers knowing the truth for some reason...not all are crooked, but a few really made ford look bad. the bad and sad thing is, ford still sees the dealer as the customer and the buyer as the dealers problem. THAT is one of the BIGGEST problems with ford...stock/fleet orders- ok, but on a retail ordered car, I personally feel that car should belong to the guy who ordered it, especially as it was likely sold before the guy ever walked into the dealer- just cant order direct, so here we are...Ive went on and on about this mess and the 'regional allocation' bs, and still think ANYONE should be able to build an order from home, wire a non-refundable deposit, then select a dealer to route delivery thru- they still get their cut, you get your car as ordered and tracking updates like fedex...no ADM, no 'it never got built'(aka we dealer traded for more than you were going to pay), no 'we'll call you when it arrives in a few months- have a nice summer'...dealers really aint got time or reason to deal with impatint retail orders- but the impatient buyers do, so why not get with the times and do it right? NADA is too powerful, and fords to busy about worrying about becoming profitable to worry about what amounts to a few percent of their sals...the flawed logic her is that due to horror stories and or personal experience, most folks feel as excited about buying a car as getting a root canal- Kzinti was the 'friend at the factory' that made it actually a great positive experience- even if it drug out 3~8 months, at least you knew where you stood...if the access like thise were 'official ford service', I GUARANTEE they would sell more cars, and dealers could still get their cut...but instead the dealers tend to be stodgy and want to limit customer information to keep them out of the loop so theres a bit more wiggle room on things...its way past time for a change, but may be too late for ford I'm afraid....

personally, I owe Kzinti more than I can express- when my first car got smacked up coming off the hauler, I was livid, had it not been for 'SOMEONE' to talk to at FORD I'd have just said screw it...and never known what I woulda been missing- I LOVE this car, my kids LOVE this car- and while it wont last forever, it sure makes getting around a lot of fun. Sitting at the dealership, they called several different reps- with me asking if I could talk to them while I was there- they ALL refused like it was tabu or something- and this was purely ford, I was sitting right there hearing my dealer talk to them- I had a cool dealer. NO ONE at ford (except CRC's 'call your dealer' loop of tape style 'service') would talk to me...I had long before found out fords email structure, and sent off a email to a VP- next day regional rep calls me directly, said' Darryl got your email and wants to get this taken care of...' like I knew the guy or something took 2 more months for another priority one build due to tranny delays(sticks were backlogged pretty far). Sad thing is, higher ups are exactly the kind of folks ford needs there, and regional reps are 'car guys' too- extremely customer friendly, concerned about buyers and fords reputation for taking care of them, but due to the dealer/NADA whatever agreements, they are nearly impossible to communicate with...Kzinti had the right idea. I thank him as much as ford for this cool blue car in my driveway, because without him i wouldnt have gotten it, nor would i have ever bought another ford...thank God for Kzinti, and him and his helpers that went out of their way to help buyers...shame on ford for shutting them down.