Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

ZAINO question: After a VERY long and WET winter....

Search this Thread

Old 4/19/06, 07:29 AM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nagman @ April 17, 2006, 4:24 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hey Dan,

Thanks for emailing zaino for an answer....but even after a good wash the paint surface is still rough and I dont think another coat of zaino is going to remove the crap on the paint. I dont want to use the dawn if I dont have to but I think I will still have to clay the whole car before re-applying new zaino coat.

yours or anyone's thoughts?..
[/b][/quote]

Just be careful with the clay, keep kneeding it well to hide the dirt it picks up. Sometimes it can pick up some nasty stuff off the paint, and if you keep using that side of the bar, you're just rubbing grit into the paint.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dan @ April 18, 2006, 11:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ben, you're making me antsey to wax my car. Quit it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I just recently moved and lost my big beautiful garage and driveway - I still have a covered parking spot, but no hose and driveway really to wash my Anna. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img] Luckily I put about 6 coats of Zaino on her over the winter but I'm itching to do another soon. Maybe this weekend....

Yay spring [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/21/06, 03:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rondosa @ April 19, 2006, 7:32 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Just be careful with the clay, keep kneeding it well to hide the dirt it picks up. Sometimes it can pick up some nasty stuff off the paint, and if you keep using that side of the bar, you're just rubbing grit into the paint.
I just recently moved and lost my big beautiful garage and driveway - I still have a covered parking spot, but no hose and driveway really to wash my Anna. :crying: Luckily I put about 6 coats of Zaino on her over the winter but I'm itching to do another soon. Maybe this weekend....

Yay spring :nice:
[/b][/quote]

I need some information on what kit of Zaino to get! My car has never been waxed,very fresh custom paint job.So my question is which kit should I purchase to do my car? over 14 coats of clear on the car,so please help in getting the right Zaino products? I want to use the zaino,but I have never used this product before!
Old 4/21/06, 08:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a fellow Zaino follower (is it a cult?). FYI guys, if you have a problem with your plastics "dulling" it is normally actually oxidation that can be removed. I know it looks like sun fading/bleaching, but it is actually crap on the plastic. I've found Mother's "Back to Black" to be the best for removing oxidation from my non-painted plastic surfaces. I don't think Zaino makes a similar product.