Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

ZAINO - HOW TO

Search this Thread

Old 6/8/05, 05:54 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I skipped the scratch & swirl remover when I ordered thinking it would be ok. Is this true ? I figured, new car, claybar, polish should do it and there aren't any scratches am I mistaken ?

Do you use the Z2 on the bumpers ?
Old 6/8/05, 06:00 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by hunter@June 8, 2005, 7:57 PM
I skipped the scratch & swirl remover when I ordered thinking it would be ok. Is this true ? I figured, new car, claybar, polish should do it and there aren't any scratches am I mistaken ?

Do you use the Z2 on the bumpers ?
You're probably fine without using Z5..... it should still look great and scratches/swirls are probably minor on a new car. Just use a coat of Z2 in its place.

You do the ENTIRE car including bumpers Zaino says wax anything that does not absorb the polish like a vinyl top (haha...but you wouldn't do that anyway) I waxed my lights as well.
Old 6/8/05, 06:09 PM
GT Member

Thanks. I am planning to do it this weekend. Glass too ? (sorry for being a nuge (sp?))
Old 6/8/05, 06:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by hunter@June 8, 2005, 8:12 PM
Thanks. I am planning to do it this weekend. Glass too ? (sorry for being a nuge (sp?))
Newspaper and a good non-alcohol based glass cleaner. This will not fade or damage any tint that you may have. Alcohol based cleaners will.
Old 6/8/05, 06:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

The new Z8 spray is fantastic also
Old 6/8/05, 08:53 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by hunter@June 8, 2005, 8:12 PM
No, don't wax the windows. I just use run of the mill windex but many prefer newspaper route which I've actually never tried..... I hear it works well.
Old 6/8/05, 10:25 PM
Cobra Member

Actually, waxing windows is sometimes very effective. It sheets water away like RainX and makes it easier to clean in the future. I have never tried it with Zaino so I don't know how it would work. Just make sure not to use Z-5 on it.

BTW, when you are claying your car, clay the windows too! It makes them look a bunch better.
Old 6/8/05, 10:50 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

waxing the windows with a teflon coated wax works wonders, if you let it sit overnight in the garage....what will happen is not only easier to clean later but it also sheets the water off when it rains and even prevents the windows from fogging easily

as for cleaning them Ive found the best thing that works is slighty soapy water to clean them and then plain water to make sure no soap remains, just dip a rag into the water and ring it out so as not to get water all over the car (inside and out) and then to dry use a chamois and you wont have any streaks (use a seperate chamois than the one you use to dry car if you use one for that) if you maintain you car this should be sufficient to clean the windows since you shouldnt have any wierd damage done to them like leaving bird crap on them forever and it starts to etch the window...if this has happened then you need to use something stronger than water to bring them back to life....but this method for the most part is a good safe way to clean your windows especially for tinted windows for a great result. There are great window cleaners out there that work fine if you do go that route just remember as mentioned before stay away from anything alcohol based or anything with a high PH like some household cleaners.
Old 6/8/05, 10:54 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

One of these days Rick, I am going to have to pay you to come out and give my car the full treatment.
Old 6/8/05, 11:05 PM
Cobra Member

I also purchased the Zaino car wash, good stuff suds up real well and the suds last. Has a nice smell to it as well. I also have the Z-6 spray and one day will buy the Z-8 spray. Great stuff!
Old 6/8/05, 11:12 PM

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@June 8, 2005, 10:57 PM
One of these days Rick, I am going to have to pay you to come out and give my car the full treatment.

hmmm maybe if we end up doing something up in that area and I plan ahead enough I can do it then....

did you by any chance check out that link on the "Hey RRobello" link I posted that goes to the picture of Richard in a speedo you need to check that out....

and your signature is right bad all the time.
Old 6/8/05, 11:14 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

For sure use RainX or similar. I just meant don't do the entire wax process on the windows with the Zaino. I think some RainX is all that is needed.
Old 6/9/05, 03:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

Old 6/9/05, 02:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any issues with waxing the headlights? Especially the plastic headlight covers on the primary headlights?

My bottle says don't use on plastic, vinyl or rubber.
Old 6/9/05, 02:52 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by GhostTX@June 9, 2005, 4:38 PM
Any issues with waxing the headlights? Especially the plastic headlight covers on the primary headlights?

None whatsoever. I think what they mean is black plastic trim where you will see white marks after it dries (common wax problem). I can't see the harm in waxing the headlights or fogs.
Old 6/9/05, 02:54 PM

Originally posted by GhostTX@June 9, 2005, 2:38 PM

no need to wax the headlights but it shouldnt cause any damage...Ive gotten wax on taillights in the past and had no problems
Old 6/9/05, 03:31 PM
GT Member

My dealer is doing a Zaino 'Daimond Kote Wax/Polish with undercoating etc' that was included with the purchase of my car.

I wonder, is it useless to put Zaino together with this, or is it just 1 or the other?

Since the Diamond Kote is paid for, I prefer to get that. But Zaino looks great. Should I do both?
Old 6/9/05, 03:39 PM
GT Member

the car looks great but...that's WAY too much work....i would recommend mother's three step: cleaner,glaze and the wax....after using the first two cleaning steps, a bottle of their polish will NOT stay on the car!!! it will slide right off and the stuff is so easy to apply...no time at all to do the 3 steps...in fact, on a new car like yours, the cleaner (1st step) will not be necessary...the glaze is an ultra fine polish that will make the paint POP!! finsih off with the carnauba and you're done...no mix no muss...jackg 90seville 97k