Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

ZAINO - HOW TO

Search this Thread

Old 6/7/05, 03:39 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay DONE!!!!!!! Wow, that was a bit of work.

Impressions:

First off, it looked even better after the second coat of Z2. I still have enough left to do another coat but I think 2 is enough + the Z5.

Overall I am very impressed. The surface is so smooth. You can tell this is quality stuff. Went on very easy and came off pretty easy too (and this was in full sunlight and on a very hot day.

It takes quite a bit of time to do the entire process from beginning to end and paint preparation is definately the biggest pain but the clay bar worked great!

My entire car is totally dirt free and only a few rock chips stand out among an otherwise perfect finish.

Zaino FEELS like a very good quality product, of course, you're paying for that. I have no doubt that the Zaino will last longer than most of the waxes on the market. However, Meguires NXT is also awesome as well.

Either way, if you don't mind putting in a couple extra hours of effort and spending a decent amount more cash, you can get a wax job that's better overall IMO.

I will run though the process for anyone interested in using Zaino:

- I bought the Ultimate Kit from Zaino Bros

Here's the procedure:

1. Wash car in dish soap very well. Rinse and Dry.
2. Makeup solution of Zaino car wash soap and water and put into spray bottle.
3. Claybar one section of the car at a time always making sure there is enough lubrication. Dry each ~ 3'x3' section when done. Claybar entire car.
4. Wash car with Zaino carwash and dry WELL. Do not leave water spots.
5. Prepare Z5 and Z2 with ZFX accelerator in separate small bottles provided prior to applying. 1/2 of a bottle will do the entire car (probably closer to 1/3). Add ZFX proportional to 10 drops/ full bottle (ie. 5 drops for 1/2 bottle).
6. Apply Z5 first (scratch and swirl remover). One coat should be fine but you can do more if desired. Then apply at least two coats of Z2. Follow steps 7, 8 on how to apply.
7. Moisten cotton applicator pad with Z6 and keep Z6 handy as you will need to constantly remoisten applicator after each section you do. After applicator is moistened, apply a "dime-sized" amount on applicator either in the center or in a circle (I prefer circle). Apply the wax lengthwise for horizontal surfaces and vertically for vertical surfaces (ie. up and down on doors). Don't use too much wax, the thinner the better. Let the wax haze until dry (until you can smudge it off with your finger revealing a shiny finish). Buff off wax with 100% cotton towel.
8. Apply Z6 after wax is removed to give a 3D look and prepare paint for next coat. Mist surface you are working on and buff off with 100% cotton towel.
9. After all coats applied, spray on Z6 and buff off at the end.
10. You're done!

Hope that helped. Make sure you wash all your stuff and clean out your bottles. Also, no more than 3 coats in one day after which you can wait 24hrs and apply more coats for a wetter look.

Below are pics of my car after Zaino:
Old 6/7/05, 03:49 PM
Cobra Member

You said you almost have enough to do a third coat? I thought you were supposed to be able to get a number of applications from a bottle. Or are you talking about about enough left in the mixer bottle?
Old 6/7/05, 03:50 PM
Cobra Member

Looks great! I did mine with Mother's claybar, mist, and wax. Very happy with the finish. Clouds in the hood and me in the fender.
Old 6/7/05, 03:56 PM
Bullitt Member

OK, it's been a looong time since I've had a car that was worth waxing. Humor me for a moment, and explain this "claybar" I read so much about.

Sorry to sound ignernt, but last time I waxed a car ('74 Trans Am, methinks, around 1987), it was with Turtle Wax paste and a lot of buffing............
Old 6/7/05, 04:03 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Zaino isn't wax it's polish

Redfire is the best color, except when it's pollen season.
Old 6/7/05, 04:05 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dano, she looks fantastic,

I really need to get my car under some zaino soon
Old 6/7/05, 04:10 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by dustindu4@June 7, 2005, 4:06 PM

NO FLAME INTENED I SWEAR THIS STATEMENT IS ONLY MEANT TO BE FUNNY!!!!

do you copy and paste that?
Old 6/7/05, 04:14 PM
FR500 Member

OMG they came out amazing!!
Old 6/7/05, 04:17 PM
Cobra Member

After reading all of the steps, it's no wonder why people always post pics of their freshly Zainod accompishments.

looks great

BTW does that stuff come with a warning about taking pictures of your car while naked? You wouldn't want to end up like that tea pot guy... or would you?
Old 6/7/05, 04:21 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Looks great dano...

oh yeah right...almost forgot
:P
Told ya so
Old 6/7/05, 04:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Zaino is the bomb! BTW... I think that black is the best... except during pollen season!

Old 6/7/05, 04:36 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by BigDog@June 7, 2005, 3:59 PM
OK, it's been a looong time since I've had a car that was worth waxing. Humor me for a moment, and explain this "claybar" I read so much about.

Sorry to sound ignernt, but last time I waxed a car ('74 Trans Am, methinks, around 1987), it was with Turtle Wax paste and a lot of buffing............
Just like it sounds, it is a bar of clay and you go over the whole car with it [use plenty of lubricant though]. It takes all the inpurities and grime out of the paint and makes the finish smmoth for the final wax/polish steps. Body shops and car dealers use them all the time. You do not want to use too much pressure and you only do a smal [3x3] or so area at a time. Make sure to keep it wet and when done each area use a clean white cotten terrycloth towel to wipe the residue off.
Old 6/7/05, 04:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ISELLFORD@June 7, 2005, 6:39 PM
Just like it sounds, it is a bar of clay and you go over the whole car with it [use plenty of lubricant though]. It takes all the inpurities and grime out of the paint and makes the finish smmoth for the final wax/polish steps. Body shops and car dealers use them all the time. You do not want to use too much pressure and you only do a smal [3x3] or so area at a time. Make sure to keep it wet and when done each area use a clean white cotten terrycloth towel to wipe the residue off.
I do the same every three months. But I also wash the car again before I go onto the "Shining" phase...
Old 6/7/05, 04:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Wow!!!
That looks great!!!!
Thanks for the detailed how to!!!
Old 6/7/05, 05:25 PM
Cobra Member

ok I have to post my Mustang after 4 coats of Zaino
Old 6/7/05, 06:02 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by KansasCityTim@June 7, 2005, 5:52 PM
You said you almost have enough to do a third coat? I thought you were supposed to be able to get a number of applications from a bottle. Or are you talking about about enough left in the mixer bottle?
Sorry....let me clarify.

I made 1/2 a mixing bottle of Z5. Used almost all of it on ONE coat.

I made a FULL mixing bottle of Z2. I completed TWO coats with 1/3 of the bottle still remaining.
Old 6/7/05, 06:04 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by dustindu4@June 7, 2005, 6:06 PM

There's already Pollen all over my car :bang:
Old 6/7/05, 06:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Dan - your car looks fantastic!!! Only thing I saw wrong was the wet spot on your tire where your pooch relieved him/herself.
Old 6/7/05, 07:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Picked my car up Fri 6/3/05, Zainoed the car Sat 6/4/05, its the best, this pic doesnt do it justice..
Old 6/7/05, 07:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Dan@June 7, 2005, 8:05 PM
Sorry....let me clarify.

I made 1/2 a mixing bottle of Z5. Used almost all of it on ONE coat.

I made a FULL mixing bottle of Z2. I completed TWO coats with 1/3 of the bottle still remaining.
A half bottle? You mean one of the mixing bottle (4 total) that they sent to you? You should be using a lot less of the Z2 Pro and Z5 than that! I use 1/2 of the mixing bottle that comes with the ZFX Accelerator. I mix one bottle and use 10 drops of the ZFX.

Same with the Z5. I used a single 2 oz mixture for 2 coats of Z5. Using the Z-8 spray between coats. Then 3 coats of Z2 Pro with Z-8 spray between those coats and after as well.

All of this was after claying the car.

EDIT: If I could comprehend what I am reading I would have seen your clarification. Sorry. That seems about right.,

Quick Reply: ZAINO - HOW TO