Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

ZAINO - HOW TO

Search this Thread

Old 6/7/05, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks awesome.

I read somewhere that you need to wait 24hrs between Z2 and Z5?

http://www.tintdude.com/zaino.html

I guess you didn't? and it turned out awesome?
Old 6/7/05, 08:22 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by This one's mine@June 7, 2005, 6:13 PM
NO FLAME INTENED I SWEAR THIS STATEMENT IS ONLY MEANT TO BE FUNNY!!!!
do you copy and paste that?
no?
Old 6/7/05, 08:24 PM
GT Member

I had some rough overspray of maybe the teflon finish above the bumper on the drivers side back... and wanted to try the clay bar before saying anything to the dealer. woooHOOOO the clay bar made it smooth as a baby's butt! I'm sold on th clay bar and had never heard of it either till this site! This site ROCKS! OH and I'm sold on Zaino! I've used Meguires for years and after the first round w/ this... I'm a Zaino freak!!! Am telling everyone about it. It was a rough day and I was beat... but it was worth it!!! OOOH and according to the papers sent with the Zaino... you don't have to wait that long if you are using the ZFX accelerator!
Old 6/7/05, 08:31 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dan that looks great Guess I will need to order some now after seeing those pics.
Old 6/7/05, 09:22 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by chrisc65@June 7, 2005, 10:13 PM
Looks awesome.

I read somewhere that you need to wait 24hrs between Z2 and Z5?

http://www.tintdude.com/zaino.html

I guess you didn't? and it turned out awesome?
Chris, it is my understanding that with the ZFX accelerator (in a dropper bottle), you don't need to wait at all between coats. The only limit is 3 coats/day.
Old 6/7/05, 09:24 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by mmoonshot@June 7, 2005, 9:11 PM
Picked my car up Fri 6/3/05, Zainoed the car Sat 6/4/05, its the best, this pic doesnt do it justice..
Scott, I can tell that's a great job.

Thanks for all the compliments and kudos to all who posted pics They all look great.
Old 6/7/05, 09:27 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by nbk13nw@June 7, 2005, 9:40 PM
A half bottle? You mean one of the mixing bottle (4 total) that they sent to you? You should be using a lot less of the Z2 Pro and Z5 than that! I use 1/2 of the mixing bottle that comes with the ZFX Accelerator. I mix one bottle and use 10 drops of the ZFX.

Same with the Z5. I used a single 2 oz mixture for 2 coats of Z5. Using the Z-8 spray between coats. Then 3 coats of Z2 Pro with Z-8 spray between those coats and after as well.

All of this was after claying the car.

EDIT: If I could comprehend what I am reading I would have seen your clarification. Sorry. That seems about right.,
I'm trying to follow you here. So what you're saying is you do two coats of Z5 and only one of Z2?

I'm doing only one coat of Z5 and two of Z2. Therefore, 12 oz. of Z2 with 10 drops of ZFX in one mixing bottle and 6 oz. of Z5 with 5 drops of ZFX in the other bottle.
Old 6/7/05, 09:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow, if only i had the patience to do that
Old 6/7/05, 09:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Dan@June 7, 2005, 11:30 PM
I'm trying to follow you here. So what you're saying is you do two coats of Z5 and only one of Z2?

I'm doing only one coat of Z5 and two of Z2. Therefore, 12 oz. of Z2 with 10 drops of ZFX in one mixing bottle and 6 oz. of Z5 with 5 drops of ZFX in the other bottle.

You can use up to 3 coats of Z-5 until you feel that the swirls / scratches have been filled... Using the gloss enhancer or Z-8 between the coats helps a bit as well. Then up to 3 additional coats of Z2 Pro. Again using the Z-8 between caots and a finally wipe down after the last coat.
Old 6/7/05, 09:47 PM
GT Member

I did the clay bar thing and 3 coats of Zaino 5 months ago and it's still as smooth as a babys butt..I do however use the Z6 after every wash..It lasts a very long time And for those of us with vinyl stripes it works magic They look better then the day they were put on!!
Old 6/7/05, 09:47 PM
Cobra Member

Wow Dan, your car looks amazing. But just to maybe make people rethink saying that Zaino is the undisputed number 1 car care product, I have made a thread in the car care section. Look for the pics in 2 days. I promise amazing results (i am autopian trained i love that site)

Everyone's looks great, especially that black one on the first page. There is nothing better than black when it is clean.
Old 6/7/05, 09:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by friedmaster@June 7, 2005, 11:37 PM
wow, if only i had the patience to do that
According to Zaino an ounce per application is about all that is needed, or did I read that wrong. In any case, the results I get are great. I use about that for each coat with 5 drops of ZFX per ounce.
Old 6/7/05, 10:11 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Badandy@June 7, 2005, 11:50 PM
Wow Dan, your car looks amazing. But just to maybe make people rethink saying that Zaino is the undisputed number 1 car care product, I have made a thread in the car care section. Look for the pics in 2 days. I promise amazing results (i am autopian trained i love that site)

Everyone's looks great, especially that black one on the first page. There is nothing better than black when it is clean.
Hehe...thanks. Did you notice I was very wishy-washy with calling it #1? I'd have to do a detailed magazine test or something to know for sure.

So I'll say this: I prefer Zaino myself and think it will hold up better based on my experience. It is more time consuming than Meguires. The reflection appears to be clearer with Zaino.

Now lets see your pics!
Old 6/7/05, 10:16 PM
V6 Member

I did some Zaino over the weekend, and I started out claybarring the hood, but it just didn't seem to do too much for me. I looked at the claybar after the hood was done, and there was very little trapped in the clay. This was after washing it 2 times with Dawn, and I've only had the car for a month, so perhaps that had something to do with it.

Anyways, I was only able to get one coat on it before sundown, but it still looks great. Driving at night, my hood is like a mirror...reflecting all of the other headlights and taillights. Might be able to put on another coat or two this weekend, then take some pics. But I also have my first autocross event...where does one find the time?
Old 6/7/05, 10:33 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Dan@June 7, 2005, 8:14 PM
Hehe...thanks. Did you notice I was very wishy-washy with calling it #1? I'd have to do a detailed magazine test or something to know for sure.

So I'll say this: I prefer Zaino myself and think it will hold up better based on my experience. It is more time consuming than Meguires. The reflection appears to be clearer with Zaino.

Now lets see your pics!
I did notice that. I am not talking about you, I seem to agree with almost everything you say coincidentally. Zaino's results are incredible, but I'll give you a teaser pic in the thread in the car care section day after tomorrow. And more pics will be up shortly thereafter.

Your car looks great, and Zaino's results are great.
Old 6/7/05, 10:43 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Badandy@June 8, 2005, 12:36 AM
I did notice that. I am not talking about you, I seem to agree with almost everything you say coincidentally. Zaino's results are incredible, but I'll give you a teaser pic in the thread in the car care section day after tomorrow. And more pics will be up shortly thereafter.

Your car looks great, and Zaino's results are great.
Look forward to it Andy. I was amazed at the NXT result on my car as well.

To a certain extent, I'm not a big fan of the 1001 step procedure unless it produced long-lasting results that are durable. I really like it so far but it has to last or I'll be switching because it isn't worth the extra money. I have a feeling it will though.

Either way, its kinda silly arguing about what is best. The fact that you use a reputable product like Zaino or Meguires and do a thorough wax job will mean a well protected paint surface for you car that you can enjoy for years. So I say pick what you like and use it. But analyzing it to death is pointless.
Old 6/7/05, 11:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Here's mine after zaino
Old 6/7/05, 11:37 PM
Bullitt Member

And 1 more
Old 6/8/05, 12:23 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

I detail cars as a side business and have done many cars and have used many different products, including Zaino...its great but the best was after properly prepping the car (washing, clay if needed or a cleaner wax, ect.) to use Meguiar's Show Car Glaze #7 and then to follow it with 2 or 3 coats of with their Hi-Tech Yellow Wax #26, but I just recently tried the NXT instead of #26 (the rest the same including the glaze) and did only 2 coats of NXT and it topped the finish I get with the #26, I was shocked that it was that noticeable...the problem is that it doesnt go on as evenly as #26 you need to spend more time with the NXT on darker colors....but the combination works great for those colors especially and if you have any swirl marks this process will hide them perfectly...my question to you is that you said not only did you use only one coat of NXT but did you polish first or are you just comparing the NXT by itself to the Zaino process?
Old 6/8/05, 03:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by wifewantedaGT@June 8, 2005, 3:35 PM
Here's mine after zaino
WHOA!!! What color is that?....Mustang Mirror?....Hehe
Looks good though.

Quick Reply: ZAINO - HOW TO