Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Waterspot stains

Search this Thread

Old 8/1/05, 06:39 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You sure it isn't the Z6 drying as well?
Old 8/1/05, 07:01 PM
Cobra Member

This is kind of funny, if I hadn't wasted so much time. The biggest problem area I had was the spoiler. The spots just did not want to come off. I tried vinegar, polish, clay bar, etc. Those things worked everywhere but the spoiler. I was about to break out the ScratchX when I thought, "Hmmm. I'll try the Zaino car wash". Sure enough, I put a dab on a wet rag, and it cut right through the waterspots. I was amazed. So, tomorrow evening, I am going to wash the whole thing again. I bought a Water Blade, so I will see how that works. Unfortunately, I vinegared and clay barred a large portion of the top surface of the car, so the wax is gone. Guess I know what I am doing Wednesday evening.

What's really funny is the simplicity of it. I wanted clean off something, so instead of starting out by trying the obvious.....soap, I try everything but soap. The idea that I should try to use soap to get off, what is technically dirt. Idiot! I guess I should pay attention to Occam's Razor. It sort of applies here.....kind of.
Old 8/1/05, 08:23 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by KansasCityTim@August 1, 2005, 9:04 PM
This is kind of funny, if I hadn't wasted so much time. The biggest problem area I had was the spoiler. The spots just did not want to come off. I tried vinegar, polish, clay bar, etc. Those things worked everywhere but the spoiler. I was about to break out the ScratchX when I thought, "Hmmm. I'll try the Zaino car wash". Sure enough, I put a dab on a wet rag, and it cut right through the waterspots. I was amazed. So, tomorrow evening, I am going to wash the whole thing again. I bought a Water Blade, so I will see how that works. Unfortunately, I vinegared and clay barred a large portion of the top surface of the car, so the wax is gone. Guess I know what I am doing Wednesday evening.

What's really funny is the simplicity of it. I wanted clean off something, so instead of starting out by trying the obvious.....soap, I try everything but soap. The idea that I should try to use soap to get off, what is technically dirt. Idiot! I guess I should pay attention to Occam's Razor. It sort of applies here.....kind of.
You don't wash dishes often do you?
Old 8/2/05, 07:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by topconbob+August 1, 2005, 3:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(topconbob @ August 1, 2005, 3:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Back to the tint shop, I just realized it is underneath the tint.
[/b]

OMG...you serious?? Your tinter didn't clean the glass before applying tint?? Dude...not good. Someone got lazy there.

Originally posted by Blue Knight@August 1, 2005, 6:18 PM
I'm totally sold on my Mr. Clean. The filters work for 10 washes per unit, and are worth every cent. We have lots of minerals etc in the water around here, so it was always a race to get the car dry before it spotted. Now I use the final rinse and have a beer while the car dries. I use the microfiber drying towel on a few water holding recesses, and I'm done.

<!--QuoteBegin-SurfnSoCal
@August 1, 2005, 6:23 PM
Yes, I use the Mr. Clean wash too. It works great...but the soap and filters are expensive...especially if you have a black car and wash your car 2-3 times a week.
[/quote]
Oh yeah guys...I totally love that thing...It's been sooo nice to be able to wash the car and not have to dry it.
Old 8/2/05, 07:36 AM
Bullitt Member

I have mixed feelings about the Mr. Clean car wash system. It is great to not have to dry but -- the detergent appears to have stripped the wax off the car. I have washed my car twice. The other day when I got caught in the rain - absolutely no water beading? And I have about 5 coats of Megquires Gold on her. Your thoughts.
Old 8/2/05, 11:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have noticed the same thing on my neighbor's car. He washes it all the time with the Mr. Clean thing and the other day I noticed when it was wet that it doesn't bead at all.
Old 8/3/05, 06:34 AM
Bullitt Member

I would use the Mr clean, but only for the filtering of the water. I would not use their soap. As far as I'm concerned the only value that system has is the filter for the water. I will use my Zaino car wash soap.

If you need to remove water spots, this stuff is pretty good.

http://www.duragloss.com/catalog.asp?catid=96
Old 8/3/05, 06:39 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by chorpeac@August 1, 2005, 8:17 AM
OK I will post my recommendation. And this is for after you got the spots out and don't want them coming back. Get one of those Mr. Clean Autodry kits. I use it....and I never get spots...and I don't need to hand dry it either...at least not 95% of the surfaces...

Yeppers, the Mr CLean Auto-Dry system is a life saver. The secondary water here in Utah is absolutely horrible. I can wash my car at noon in direct sunlight and still get no spots. Of course, I make sure to keep the already clean surfaces wet until I use the filtered water. Then, she just sits and dries without a spot.

Although, I did have some sprinklers get me the other day. . . grrr.
Old 8/3/05, 06:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

I haven't noticed a problem with the wax coming off yet but I've only used it once. The car still beads up very nicely. I use Zaino so maybe that has something to do with it. Be interesting to see if it works with some waxes and not others(yes I know Zaino isn't technically a wax, work with me though). With any luck I'll be able to wash again tonight and can see how things go over the next week.
Old 8/3/05, 07:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

My car still beads with the Mr. Clean. The system is supposed to be used as a system. Yes it might be a marketing scheme....but that is how it says it should be used. Something about the polymers in the soap and the ionized water in the final spray, that is what allows the water to dry without spots. If you are using a different soap, then you are not going to get the intended effect.
Old 8/3/05, 09:02 AM
Bullitt Member

I am not gonna read through 3 pages of replies but will give you my input . Before you claybar use some mequires quick detail. If that doesnt do it use some cleaner wax it will take them out.
Old 8/3/05, 09:08 AM
Cobra Member

I bought a California Water Blade and used it last night. I was not impressed. It did not seem to glide across the surface very well. Am I using it incorrectly?
Old 8/3/05, 10:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

The newer ones don't work as well as the original. It gets a little better with time. It might say the original on it but the original is made in the USA and the new ones are made in China. the real original had a softer blade.
Michael