Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Washed and Waxed her

Search this Thread

Old 11/20/04 | 07:16 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Take it to a good body shop and get the finish wet sanded. It will remove the majority of the orange peel
Old 11/20/04 | 08:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

is this a condition that will get worse over time?

You can only really tell there's a problem when you're right on top of it.
Old 11/20/04 | 09:07 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by derynf@November 20, 2004, 10:31 PM
is this a condition that will get worse over time?

You can only really tell there's a problem when you're right on top of it.
This is not a condition that will get worse. All new cars have orange peel; my friend's 645Ci has major orange peel on it too.
Old 11/20/04 | 11:12 PM
GT Member

nice scoobie-doo floormats.......
Old 11/20/04 | 11:16 PM
FR500 Member

HEY LOOK I SEE MYSELF ON THE DOOR!! AND THE PONY LOGO
Old 11/20/04 | 11:17 PM
FR500 Member

and BTW the black on black looks AMAZING
Old 11/20/04 | 11:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Darn these mustangs seem to have orange peal from h***.Like i said in another tread,i saw a mineral grey one today that was simply horrid.I dont get it,why is this happening? I was at the auto mall, so i thought would check out mazda 6 (build in same plant) and the ones i saw didnt seem to have anywhere near the orange peal that the mustangs have. (dont they paint both cars in same place?)

As for your paint,yes take it to a GOOD bodyshop and get them to wet sand and polish car,and that should take out most of it.Personally i would take car to dealership with a estimate of what that would cost,and then i would demand they either pay for it,or do themselves! And if they say no way,then phone ford head office and raise all bloody you no what...
Old 11/21/04 | 12:17 AM
Bullitt Member

As for your paint,yes take it to a GOOD bodyshop and get them to wet sand and polish car,and that should take out most of it.Personally i would take car to dealership with a estimate of what that would cost,and then i would demand they either pay for it,or do themselves! And if they say no way,then phone ford head office and raise all bloody you no what...
I agree w/ Tom . And not all carss have orange peel As I have said before I looked closely at other Ford models and didn't see it. Maybe if Ford is made aware and more people complain they will do something about it. If no one complains they think every thing is ok. I may get in touch with them not because I own one but, because I want one. Is orange peel caused by applying to much paint? Is it possible they can adjust the nozzles? I'm just guessing but, I think they can do much better. I didn't notice on the hood but, mostly on the rear of the car, by the rear quarters and now in pics of the trunk. Hmmm what to do. :scratch:
Old 11/21/04 | 02:47 AM
Bullitt Member

edit: I'm daft. The answer to my question was so obvious it's painful.
Old 11/21/04 | 01:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by tom_vilsack@November 21, 2004, 12:36 AM
Darn these mustangs seem to have orange peal from h***.Like i said in another tread,i saw a mineral grey one today that was simply horrid.I dont get it,why is this happening? I was at the auto mall, so i thought would check out mazda 6 (build in same plant) and the ones i saw didnt seem to have anywhere near the orange peal that the mustangs have. (dont they paint both cars in same place?)

Its not the dealerships fault. You cant demand that they pay for it when they didnt make it. They sold you a car with orange peel and you accepted it. It is unfair to go back to the dealership and demand it fixed. Yes it stinks that it came with orange peel adn that is how ford made it. You should contact Ford with concerns because they made the car not the dealership!
Old 11/21/04 | 01:42 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Highlander@November 21, 2004, 2:20 AM
I agree w/ Tom . And not all carss have orange peel As I have said before I looked closely at other Ford models and didn't see it. Maybe if Ford is made aware and more people complain they will do something about it. If no one complains they think every thing is ok. I may get in touch with them not because I own one but, because I want one. Is orange peel caused by applying to much paint? Is it possible they can adjust the nozzles? I'm just guessing but, I think they can do much better. I didn't notice on the hood but, mostly on the rear of the car, by the rear quarters and now in pics of the trunk. Hmmm what to do. :scratch:
All cars have orange peel if you look close enough. Some colors hide it better, but I haven't seen a new car without it.

Orange Peel
Old 11/21/04 | 03:36 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally posted by Bhead32+November 21, 2004, 2:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bhead32 @ November 21, 2004, 2:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tom_vilsack@November 21, 2004, 12:36 AM

Its not the dealerships fault. You cant demand that they pay for it when they didnt make it. They sold you a car with orange peel and you accepted it. It is unfair to go back to the dealership and demand it fixed. Yes it stinks that it came with orange peel adn that is how ford made it. You should contact Ford with concerns because they made the car not the dealership! [/b][/quote]
It would be the same as the when the dealership pays for warranty work, they are reimbursed by Ford.