Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

washed and waxed the car last week...

Search this Thread

Old 8/15/05, 07:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Last Thursday and Friday I detailed my car as I was going to a local Mustang meet on Saturday. I used Meguiars Gold Class liquid wax on the car. Thursday I waxed everything but the bumpers, and Friday I waxed the bumpers and applied a second coat to the hood and roof of the car.

I posted a couple of pictures of the car that was taken at the meet.

Old 8/15/05, 07:54 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
:worship: oh...wait..there;s one more..
Old 8/15/05, 07:57 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car looks great! I love those wheels and caps. As an Ex Meguires Gold Class user... check out Zaino's. I used to swear by the Gold Class... I will never use it again. It shine's great, but doesn't protect worth a darn... I had problems after a few years of using exclusively Gold Class.
Old 8/15/05, 07:58 PM
V6 Member

Mike, she looks amazing! Great job with the wax. I've been debating using Zaino but to be honest it seems like a lot of work. How hard was the Gold Class?
Old 8/15/05, 08:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Car looks great! I love those wheels and caps. As an Ex Meguires Gold Class user... check out Zaino's. I used to swear by the Gold Class... I will never use it again. It shine's great, but doesn't protect worth a darn... I had problems after a few years of using exclusively Gold Class.

<<What kind of problems did you have after using Meguires after a few years?>>

Mike, she looks amazing! Great job with the wax. I've been debating using Zaino but to be honest it seems like a lot of work. How hard was the Gold Class?
[/quote]

<<I might give Zaino a try as soon as I can afford the package they recommend, but for the time being I'll use Meguires.
While I'm happy with the end result of the Meguires wax job it did seem like it was more work getting it off the car (I would wipe off the car and it looked like a film was left on the car so I had to go over those areas one or two times to make sure I got everything off the car).

I guess I didn't give the wax enough time to set up before wiping it off the car.
Old 8/15/05, 08:37 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally posted by Mike McRann@August 15, 2005, 9:28 PM

<<What kind of problems did you have after using Meguires after a few years?>>

It was fine for the environment in Ohio where I had my black Jeep, but when I moved to Florida the paint started cracking. It developed 'crows feet' and I was told that was because the wax didn't offer enough protection from the sun.
So the bottom line is that after taking maticulous care of my Jeep for 3 years... 3 months in the Florida sun ruined the paint job. I used to wax the Jeep every 2 months w/ Gold Class... it looked great for a couple of days. Unfortunately it turned out to be a waste of time.
There was something I saw recently that detailed someone else having a similar problem with Gold Class' protection breaking down very quickly.
I decided to give Zaino's a try on the Mustang... I'm continually impressed. It's a few extra steps compared to Gold Class, but it comes off so easy it doesn't seem to take any longer. Besides, I put 3 coats on a few months ago, and just last weekend it was out in the rain and there wasn't a water bead bigger than a chocolate chip. So when you get a better return on your investment of time and money. I'll never even try anything else now.
Old 8/15/05, 08:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@August 15, 2005, 7:40 PM
It was fine for the environment in Ohio where I had my black Jeep, but when I moved to Florida the paint started cracking. It developed 'crows feet' and I was told that was because the wax didn't offer enough protection from the sun.
So the bottom line is that after taking maticulous care of my Jeep for 3 years... 3 months in the Florida sun ruined the paint job. I used to wax the Jeep every 2 months w/ Gold Class... it looked great for a couple of days. Unfortunately it turned out to be a waste of time.
There was something I saw recently that detailed someone else having a similar problem with Gold Class' protection breaking down very quickly.
I decided to give Zaino's a try on the Mustang... I'm continually impressed. It's a few extra steps compared to Gold Class, but it comes off so easy it doesn't seem to take any longer. Besides, I put 3 coats on a few months ago, and just last weekend it was out in the rain and there wasn't a water bead bigger than a chocolate chip. So when you get a better return on your investment of time and money. I'll never even try anything else now.
Thanks for the information...I didn't know about the problems people were having with the Gold Class wax.
Old 8/15/05, 08:46 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally posted by Mike McRann@August 15, 2005, 9:45 PM
Thanks for the information...I didn't know about the problems people were having with the Gold Class wax.
Don't get me wrong, some people still swear by it, and traditionally it should be good stuff. But I feel like I'd be letting others abuse their girlfriends if I didn't say something about what happened to me.
Old 8/15/05, 08:48 PM
GT Member

Do any auto part stores carry Zaino products? Or do they only sell online?
Old 8/15/05, 09:00 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally posted by ClemJoe628@August 15, 2005, 9:51 PM
Do any auto part stores carry Zaino products? Or do they only sell online?
As far as I know, zainostore.com only, unfortunately. If anyone's interested, PM me and I'll let you know what you need to get started... about $50 and you're set w/ wash, wax, gloss spray (quick detailer), etc.
Old 8/15/05, 09:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Somewhere someone did a controlled test. Megueirs actuall came out last. And it was because it didnt last/protect. going along with 05GT-O.C.D's opinion.

I used it on my car 2 weeks ago and noticed the same film issue.

I will be using Zaino when the car comes in. Buying the full package to start, and replace stuff as necessary.
Old 8/15/05, 09:33 PM
GTR Member

If Zaino is pretty much first choice,what would everyone go with for second choice? (something available in a store)
Old 8/15/05, 09:35 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by Mike McRann@August 15, 2005, 9:53 PM
Last Thursday and Friday I detailed my car as I was going to a local Mustang meet on Saturday. I used Meguiars Gold Class liquid wax on the car. Thursday I waxed everything but the bumpers, and Friday I waxed the bumpers and applied a second coat to the hood and roof of the car.

I posted a couple of pictures of the car that was taken at the meet.

YOUR CAR IS SICK!!!! ..THOS BULLITS ARE SO FRIKKEN BAD HINEY