Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

vinyl stripe care?

Search this Thread

Old 6/27/05 | 11:37 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by WERKED 66@June 27, 2005, 9:42 AM
looks great... is that a 1in or 2in gap..
The gap is 1 3/4 inches. Like Rob said, you can do it yourself without a problem. Just have a lot of patience. The nice thing about Baltimore Street Mods is that they give you extra pieces to cover the lower bottom of the front bumper and the spoiler. They also give you two different cuts for the front bumper, depending on if you need to have a front license plate or not. Some packages don't give you everthing you need. It may be something for you to think about when you choose who to buy from.
Old 6/27/05 | 11:53 AM
Cobra Member

well i fabricated a custom plate bracket and it is lower than the factory plate mount dimples... with that being sai i will be going all the way down on the front and rear also i do not have a rear spioler so thats not a problem...it`s good to know there are extra pieces to the kit so when i get my ducktail i can use them on that... i really can not stree enough how much you guys have helped me... thanks alot...
Old 6/27/05 | 11:53 AM
Cobra Member

well i fabricated a custom plate bracket and it is lower than the factory plate mount dimples... with that being said i will be going all the way down on the front and rear. also i do not have a rear spioler so thats not a problem...it`s good to know there are extra pieces to the kit so when i get my ducktail i can use them on that... i really can not stress enough how much you guys have helped me... thanks alot...
Old 1/27/06 | 05:54 PM
GT Member

I was going to start my own thread, but I might as well ask in this one again. I just got stripes installed (2mil Avery "Performance" solid "fire red"), and one of the installers said that waxing the stripes was bad, and that it would "eat" the vinyl. I can't see how wax would do that, but I can't think why he would tell me wrong, either.

So what other caretaking tips can you give me? Does wax really hurt them? Any particular wax I should use? I've heard Maguire's and Zaino mentioned a lot... but which particular of their waxes is good? They have lots of types, and I don't know anything about it. Also, how best do you clean the stripes? Just was them like you would the rest of the car, no scraping or high-pressure?

Thanks in advance, for all the helpful people on this board. You make me spend more money, but I'm even happier with the car because if it.
Old 1/27/06 | 08:33 PM
V6 Member

I was going to go with paint, but it looks sooooo good and is INCREDIBLY cheaper...
My question is how long they last - I'm an everyday driver and keep my car really clean - lots of washing and cleaning...
How long will the stripes last before they start to show wear?
Joe
Old 1/27/06 | 08:39 PM
I Have No Life

Originally posted by schmads@January 27, 2006, 8:57 PM
I was going to start my own thread, but I might as well ask in this one again. I just got stripes installed (2mil Avery "Performance" solid "fire red"), and one of the installers said that waxing the stripes was bad, and that it would "eat" the vinyl. I can't see how wax would do that, but I can't think why he would tell me wrong, either.

So what other caretaking tips can you give me? Does wax really hurt them? Any particular wax I should use? I've heard Maguire's and Zaino mentioned a lot... but which particular of their waxes is good? They have lots of types, and I don't know anything about it. Also, how best do you clean the stripes? Just was them like you would the rest of the car, no scraping or high-pressure?

Thanks in advance, for all the helpful people on this board. You make me spend more money, but I'm even happier with the car because if it.
He has no idea what he is talking about. Wax em up really good. It helps seal the edges. For more info check out the car care section on waxing tips.