Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning
View Poll Results: Which whould you use: Zaino or Ultima
Zaino
71.43%
Ultima
14.29%
Other: Name it in your post below and why
14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Ultima Vs. Zaino. Which would you choose and why?

Search this Thread

Old 3/6/08, 10:10 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ultima Vs. Zaino. Which would you choose and why?

As the title implies which would you choose?
Since I'm on the mend I have been determining which system to use when I am up and running again. Everyone who uses Zaino sounds like they are hooked, but it sounds like a looong process to apply. Ultima looks much easier to apply with same results. Is anyone out there that can provide more insight?

Cost between the two is comparible. Sooo, let's hear Pros and Cons!
Old 3/6/08, 11:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Zaino does NOT take the time it used to, Z-AIO is out as well as Clear Seal, AIO is as the name implies, all in one......you can do one coat and be done, same with the clear seal. The old Zaino process is ancient history and not a valid argument anymore.
Old 3/6/08, 11:22 AM
Retired Tms Staff

When you say it is a long process, are you really comparing the proper products by each manufacturer? Both Ultima and Zaino offer a product that you just wipe on and walk away. It all depends on the condition of your paint and how you want it to look. If you want a flawless finish, I don't care what protectant you use, you still need to prep the paint properly and that always takes time.
Old 3/6/08, 03:55 PM
Cobra Member

I keep forgetting that Zaino has the AIO product. Has anyone used that yet?
Old 3/6/08, 04:08 PM
NJ3
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by runningwild4.6
I keep forgetting that Zaino has the AIO product. Has anyone used that yet?
I used AIO after I washed and clayed my car. I like it, it went on easy, buffed off easy and has a nice shine. I'll probably top it with a couple coats of Z2 later for a super deep gloss.
Old 3/6/08, 11:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by adrenalin
When you say it is a long process, are you really comparing the proper products by each manufacturer? Both Ultima and Zaino offer a product that you just wipe on and walk away. It all depends on the condition of your paint and how you want it to look. If you want a flawless finish, I don't care what protectant you use, you still need to prep the paint properly and that always takes time.
Absolutely correct. Prep is the most important thing. I haven't used either line, but I would probably go with Ultima if I had to choose.
Old 3/7/08, 02:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

Just got the Ultima. One coat on the Black T-Bird, and it looks great, and was easy. Doing my Redfire today. They Zaino argument does still hold true, even with the AIO. without some other steps you will not get the results. Jury out on how well this Ultima will stand up. Time will tell. But so far, very pleased with it.
Old 3/7/08, 11:03 AM
Cobra Member

Now after going back to Zaino's site. It says that AIO has basically replaced the Z-1. It can be used by itself, and is good for a daily driver. He does recommend following with Z-CS, Z-2 PRO or Z-5 PRO for a deeper gloss. CS is a polymer which appears to work much the same way as Ultima Paint Guard Plus. Wipe on and "Walk away"
So it looks like they both now have products similar in concept .Zaino AIO and Z-CS. Ultima Paint Prep Plus and Paint guard Plus. Looks like jury is still out on Ultima. Let's hear from the Ultima folks. Only 2 have tried it so far?
Old 3/9/08, 12:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

A lot of people use Danase Wet Glaze under Ultima with favorable results.