Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Storing for winter

Search this Thread

Old 11/20/05, 10:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I might take it out a couple times during the winter. I has to be real nice, and NO ROAD SALT ANYWHERE!

It's only been parked a week, but it feels like a month already.

[attachmentid=39124]
Old 11/20/05, 10:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
20 days in storage
Oh the Pain!

May 1st release Date.

Picture shows Storage 4 Days Ago, -15 Deg C, 6 Inches Snow, 30 KM Wind.
Old 11/20/05, 12:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 05stangkc@November 19, 2005, 9:56 AM
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....opic=39072&hl=

Might Want to Get one of These!

Kevin I just got just moved to NY and am going to need to get one of those car covers. How much are they? Cant find the price. I was going to buyt one in the next week or so.
Old 11/21/05, 02:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

My car has been sleeping for seven weeks as of Saturday.
It sucks.
I'm not sure whats worse, Waiting the 139 days it took to get the car, or waiting out the 180 days of hybernation.
Old 11/23/05, 08:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just got our first big snow today (OHIO) and the salt has hit the pavement so the stang is now officially retired for the winter until the spring when it has to rain at least 2 times after the last salting before it comes out again. I'm just glad I can afford to put it away for the winter so that I don't have to wash it every day (ha).
Old 11/24/05, 08:16 AM
V6 Member

Okay, I realize this is a big can of worms, and it's not my place to tell folks how to use their cars... but COME ON! It's just a Mustang! It's not some overpriced exotic, it costs less than most new trucks. You don't see people putting their new F-150s away for the winter. If you put winter tires on it it'll handle fine (I know I just drove to work today in 5cm of snow). It's not as if the Mustang's more prone to rust than other cars. So get an annual oil based rust spray if you must (I do), some winter tires, and have fun!
Old 11/24/05, 07:21 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

"Okay, I realize this is a big can of worms, and it's not my place to tell folks how to use their cars... but COME ON! It's just a Mustang! It's not some overpriced exotic, it costs less than most new trucks. You don't see people putting their new F-150s away for the winter. If you put winter tires on it it'll handle fine (I know I just drove to work today in 5cm of snow). It's not as if the Mustang's more prone to rust than other cars. So get an annual oil based rust spray if you must (I do), some winter tires, and have fun! "

I guess you just don't get it.
Old 11/24/05, 07:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Hubec@November 24, 2005, 10:19 AM
Okay, I realize this is a big can of worms, and it's not my place to tell folks how to use their cars... but COME ON! It's just a Mustang! It's not some overpriced exotic, it costs less than most new trucks. You don't see people putting their new F-150s away for the winter. If you put winter tires on it it'll handle fine (I know I just drove to work today in 5cm of snow). It's not as if the Mustang's more prone to rust than other cars. So get an annual oil based rust spray if you must (I do), some winter tires, and have fun!
So because I didn't pay $100k for it, I shouldn't keep it looking nice? I guess I should go take it out of the garage and key it down the side. "Hey, I only paid $27k for it, big deal. It's just a Mustang."

Maybe money grows on trees where you live?

If you buy a new car that you LOVE (I don't have any passion for overpriced cars), and have the ability to keep it safe for the winter, why would you not do that? Money to burn, or no interest in the car is my only explanation. (FYI: I'm saving money by storing it for the winter.) Notice I said IF you can. If you can't, well, that bites.
Old 11/25/05, 07:20 AM
V6 Member

LOL, well there's internet discussion at it's finest. I put out my point of view and the responses are; you must not really like the Mustang (i.e. you're not one of us). And my personal favorite; you must be too poor to store your Mustang. Of course none of you actually care, but the real reason I drive my Mustang all winter is simply that I REALLY like driving my Mustang. I couldn't stand to drive a lesser car when a perfectly good stang's in the garage.
Old 11/25/05, 07:47 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by Hubec@November 25, 2005, 8:23 AM
LOL, well there's internet discussion at it's finest. I put out my point of view and the responses are; you must not really like the Mustang (i.e. you're not one of us). And my personal favorite; you must be too poor to store your Mustang. Of course none of you actually care, but the real reason I drive my Mustang all winter is simply that I REALLY like driving my Mustang. I couldn't stand to drive a lesser car when a perfectly good stang's in the garage.

The reason I store mine is because I want it to be rust free years from now. Also, I worry about driving it on icy, snowy roads. I definitely can understand your point of view though...this car is SO much fun to drive!
Old 11/26/05, 08:04 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

The only special Treatment mine will receive is to be enjoyed daily..