Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Putting the Zaino Zealots in their place

Search this Thread

Old 6/2/06, 07:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, to bring this thread back to life .....

I have always been a Zaino lover ..... since the black car.

But after spending thousands on a custom paint job on my new car I listened to my good friend Chris Pace and converted (silently) to The klasse line. Basically to see what all the hype was about. Chris knows his stuff and he sells it and really wanted my opinion. He actually came over and wanted to make sure I was going to apply it properly.

To make a long story short I did give it a true test - and after doing so I washed the car with Dawn and went back to Zaino. Between the ease of application and the optics (on my lazer red cobra) it was a hands down winner for Zaino.

Klasse is a great product, I am not knocking it - but for me ..... only Zaino touches my paint.
Old 6/2/06, 08:35 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Personally I think its all good... just depends on how much time and money you want to invest. Personally I'll happily stick with my Liquid Glass as I get an AWESOME shine in only a couple hours.
Old 6/6/06, 12:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Over a year later and still no pixs? LOL
Old 6/6/06, 01:05 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Martimus
Personally I think its all good... just depends on how much time and money you want to invest. Personally I'll happily stick with my Liquid Glass as I get an AWESOME shine in only a couple hours.
I made an analogy once that shows how this silly debate is, basically arguing about what wax/polish you prefer is like arguing which cut of steak you prefer. They are all good, its a matter of personal choice.

In the end, we're all crazy in the eyes of normal people. You shoulda seen the looks I was getting from the neighbours the first time I claybarred and put 4 coats on my car (7 hours outside)
Old 6/6/06, 02:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Galaxie
In the end, we're all crazy in the eyes of normal people. You shoulda seen the looks I was getting from the neighbours the first time I claybarred and put 4 coats on my car (7 hours outside)
Really? I must be normal in my neighborhood, then. Neighbors don't bother me whenever I QD and spray wax my Mustang with Meguiar's NXT every morning.
Old 6/6/06, 04:43 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well I took the Zaino challenge. I bought the stuff and you know something.....I think I will stick with using 3M Hand Glaze and a coat of Meguiars NXT wax. It gives the car the same mirror finish without leaving all the spiderwebs behind. Also, a heck of a lot cheaper Once my Zaino runs out I won't be ordering it again.
Old 6/10/06, 04:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
I strictly use Mequiar's Gold Class Liquid Car Wax and Wash. I washed it this morning. It looks like a mirror and feels like glass. I have three coats of wax on it. All these products probably do a great job, I just wonder that for the amount of time you spend on it, doing all that extra work, will it really look better than a typically waxed well cared for new car?? But you know if you enjoy doing it, thats what matters alot for you. I've had people wonder why I wash my car even when it does not look dirty. I tell them because I enjoy washing my Mustang. It's kinda like bonding with her (maybe a guy thing) .
Old 6/10/06, 08:22 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
I love Meguiars and have used it on all my cars.
I think the Zaino has to be put on a car that has a perfect paint surface. It is so optically correct it will show any imperfections and enhance them (like spiderwebs and swirls).
Zaino does have product that can prep an imperfect paint, but I think Meguiar's would be easier in that case and has excellent results.
I took the Zaino challange with my Mustang from day one and it shines like nothing I've even seen before (I'm up to 3 coats).
Old 6/12/06, 06:56 AM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

I agree, Zaino will show imperfections. It's funny, I was wondering why my orange peel was a bit more obvious.

Anyways, I used Zaino on my previous car which was black, and always received compliments on the condition of the paint, even from my car club folks who have used all the brands mentioned in this thread.

This time around, I have used Zaino and microfibre towels from day 1, and the results are amazing. I also double wash (one bucket of soap, one bucket of clean water to rinse wash mitt before going back for more soap).

Here are my pictures - I wish I had better ones to show you. Here's a couple (bad lighting for seeing the shine).

http://www.rondosa.ca/image/wash4.JPG

http://www.rondosa.ca/image/wash2.JPG

http://www.rondosa.ca/photogallery/Car/Mustang/tan2.jpg

I can also attest to Scott01Cobra's post - his car is AMAZING, paint is in insane condition.

Kristina
Old 6/12/06, 09:54 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm on the zaino train too...

For time spent and result...it's amazing...
Old 6/12/06, 04:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Zainoed my car on her b'day, June 3, then a few days later she spent 5 days in the shop, in the service bay even at night. I followed hubby home in the Stang from the dealer. When we got out of our vehicles, he was all "Dang! That car shines! Something kept getting my attention in the rear view, and it was your car! Man! Those stripes were glowing!" And on and on. This was her second Zaino treatment in about 2 months. She really does look great.