Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Putting the Zaino Zealots in their place

Search this Thread

Old 6/7/05, 09:38 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everybody. I have heard a lot of people talking about how Zaino is the undisputed number 1 product for car care while I have kept saying that it is great stuff, but there is as good or better. Now I shall offer proof.

My car is a Torch Red GT that has had the following processes done to it.

EXTERIOR

-Wash
-Mothers Claybar
-Wash
-Mothers Power Polish by PC at speed 5 (green pad)
-Klasse All-In-One wax by PC at speed 3 (blue pad)
-Klasse Sealant Glaze x 2 (two coats) by PC buffing pad
-Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax
-Trim dressed with Meguiars Trim Detailer onto microfiber cloth

WHEELS and TIRES (yes, I am waxing the wheels)

-Cleaned with Eagle One All wheel and Tire cleaner
-Klasse All-in-One
-Klasse Sealant Glaze
-Tires dressed with two coats (30 minutes in between) of Meguiars Endurance Tire Shine

WINDOWS

-Clean with Stoners Invisible Glass and glass cleaning cloths
-Klasse All-in-One
-Klasse Sealant Glaze

INTERIOR

-Simple vacuum (nothing big needed)
-Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer on almost all interior surfaces (2 coats)

BUT, you are going to have to wait a day or so

I am in the process and right now I am at the Klasse Sealant Glaze. Pictures should be up in two days. I am also posting about this here, because it seems people are getting the wrong impression that you need to use Zaino to get the ultimate shine. While yes, the products I used are expensive ($70 for Souveran Carnuba wax) Zaino is also expensive, I am proving that there are other routes that will yield results BETTER or as good as Zaino's process does.

Just wait and be amazed. Badandy, signing out for 2 days (will take me 7 hours total).
Old 6/7/05, 10:28 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Awaiting in anticipation.
Old 6/7/05, 10:39 PM
Cobra Member

I'm glad

I spent over 3 hours today. I am gonna try to spend about 4 more tomorrow. Last coat should be on day after tomorrow and pics that day.
Old 6/8/05, 02:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have wondered about how Zaino and Klasse compare to one another. Klasse is a legend especially among people who own ridiculously expensive cars.

I do have one question though. While I know that Klasse All in One covered by Pinnacle Souveran is considered a great combo on dark cars, or any car for that matter, I was under the impression that it was a good idea to skip the Klasse Sealant Glaze if you wanted to use the Souveran wax as the Souveran wax and Klass Sealant Glaze supposedly do not get along and cause spotting. I am really curious to see how this works out for you Badandy.
Old 6/8/05, 03:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Wow those are some serious details. Nice!
Old 6/8/05, 10:34 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by jsaylor@June 8, 2005, 12:58 PM
I have wondered about how Zaino and Klasse compare to one another. Klasse is a legend especially among people who own ridiculously expensive cars.

I do have one question though. While I know that Klasse All in One covered by Pinnacle Souveran is considered a great combo on dark cars, or any car for that matter, I was under the impression that it was a good idea to skip the Klasse Sealant Glaze if you wanted to use the Souveran wax as the Souveran wax and Klass Sealant Glaze supposedly do not get along and cause spotting. I am really curious to see how this works out for you Badandy.
I got my last coat of Sealant Glaze on tonight so I will buff off in the morning and put on my coat of Souveran at about 2 pm tomorrow. It has really been hard not being able to drive my car for yesterday and today and I have been really missing it.

I did not hear the same that Souveran did not work well with Sealant Glaze, and I sure hope not. I have been reading autopia for months and I haven't heard that and hope it isn't true. It is too late to change because I have my second coat on now, but as I recall from my reading it shouldn't be a problem.

I'll post a pic tomorrow and then more pics the day after.
Old 6/10/05, 06:25 AM
V6 Member

I can't wait to see the pics....Especially after your thread title proclaims, Zaino Zealots....And Zaino is good but not the only option....Then you list a ridiculous amount of steps, and can't drive your car for a few days....

Sorry, you have already made the case....

I will stick with Zaino...Thanks....
Old 6/10/05, 06:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Zaino is an excellent product, it is easy to use, and lasts for a long long time, I am sure there are other combinations that will look wonderfull also, but for ease of use, looks and longevity Zaino is the best of the best period ...
Old 6/10/05, 06:59 AM
Bullitt Member

I've heard about Klasse. What do you think of it, pre-Souveran? Looking forward to pictures, too...
Old 6/10/05, 07:46 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ok, where are the pics. You are a day late...come on come on ...stop teasing us.
Old 6/10/05, 08:05 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Qrazy@June 10, 2005, 4:28 AM
I can't wait to see the pics....Especially after your thread title proclaims, Zaino Zealots....And Zaino is good but not the only option....Then you list a ridiculous amount of steps, and can't drive your car for a few days....

Sorry, you have already made the case....

I will stick with Zaino...Thanks....

If you are going to state your argument like that, you can get out of my thread.

Zaino Zealots does not have a negative connotations when I use it, I use it as an alliteration first of all. My ridiculous amount of steps does more than Zaino. First off, I used a true polish that can remove scratches and swirls (Z5 is a very weak abrasive, perfect for JUST prepping the finish). I could have driven my car, I just would have had to wash it two more times and I really didn't want to do this. I also put on two coats of sealant glaze, which takes 15-24 hours to cure per coat. So it wasn't all needed, I could have done one coat, and it would look only maybe 5% worse. But the results speak for themselves.

I'm still figuring out how to post pictures, I hav ethem all and will post this afternoon. I'm not trying to tease you guys anymore.

And for the person who posted what I quotes, I don't need your opinion anylonger in this thread.

Thanks everybody else for your support and your anticipation, I'm gonna try to get them up soon.
Old 6/10/05, 08:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

ROFL... :bang: :bang:
Old 6/10/05, 09:14 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Badandy@June 10, 2005, 8:08 AM
If you are going to state your argument like that, you can get out of my thread.
Zaino Zealots does not have a negative connotations when I use it, I use it as an alliteration first of all. My ridiculous amount of steps does more than Zaino. First off, I used a true polish that can remove scratches and swirls (Z5 is a very weak abrasive, perfect for JUST prepping the finish). I could have driven my car, I just would have had to wash it two more times and I really didn't want to do this. I also put on two coats of sealant glaze, which takes 15-24 hours to cure per coat. So it wasn't all needed, I could have done one coat, and it would look only maybe 5% worse. But the results speak for themselves.

I'm still figuring out how to post pictures, I hav ethem all and will post this afternoon. I'm not trying to tease you guys anymore.

And for the person who posted what I quotes, I don't need your opinion anylonger in this thread.
Thanks everybody else for your support and your anticipation, I'm gonna try to get them up soon.
Wow...Looks like I touched a nerve....Putting anyone in their place does have negative connotations, be they Zaino zealots or not.....I wasn't stating an arguement, just my opinion.....Sorry if you don't want my opinions....I didn't think what I wrote was that inflammatory....I have read your comments about this topic in other Zaino threads, and have checked here daily for your results.....I wasn't trying to put you down, I was merely saying from what you had posted to date, I have made MY decision to STAY with Zaino....Nothing against you, or your choice....I obviously was unaware, you were only looking for people that agree with you and your choice to participate in your thread....I was INTERESTED in your method, so I took the time to read what you wrote here and elsewhere...Sorry for trying to contribute....Maybe this board would be better off if only the original poster was allowed to post in their thread, and everyone else lurk.....
Your point about Z5 being a micro polish, to me is a good thing, there are all kinds of products out there that are more agressive than Z5, but they will also, with time eat away at the clear coat finish that protects your paint....My car is a 2002 it has only seen Zaino from day one, and it still looks great....That doesn't mean its the only product that could or would do that, it was the one I chose, that's all...
I don't even use Zaino the way most do, I basically use the car wash, and Z5 only...It's alot cheaper that way, and as my car is garaged most of the time, it has great protection.....I only need to Z5 it maybe 3 times a year or so to keep me happy (my car is black). The wash does a great job of keeping it fresh....
Again, everyone has there own way of doing things...Thats ok, and the way it should be.

Just my .02, even though you don't want it...It didn't cost me much....So I shared....

Good luck....
Old 6/11/05, 11:20 AM
Cobra Member

Well that's a lot different of a reply than just saying that I have already made my case. I understand what you mean now though. You are allowed to contribute in this forum on whatever thread you want, but if you are here just to say that my method makes my own case it isn't needed. But since you clarified I had to problem. The reason I put "Zaino zealots in their place" is just to tell people that Zaino isnt the ONLY option (as a ton of people on this forum believe).

If someone can tell me how to post pics that you can click on to maximize in a new window that won't take up the whole page (no scrolling but still large) please tell me.
Old 6/14/05, 09:01 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I clay barred my car the other day but only had time to put 1 coat of Meguires NXT paste wax on. Stuff works great and I must say it is the best wax I have ever used. I have not used Zaino's so I really can't compare but after I put another coat of wax on the car I am sure there will be no need to spend more money for Zaino's.
Old 6/15/05, 09:24 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Badandy@June 11, 2005, 1:23 PM
If someone can tell me how to post pics that you can click on to maximize in a new window that won't take up the whole page (no scrolling but still large) please tell me.

If you are on quick post, then click on more options. Then click Browse to select from your PC's photo's. Select the photo you would like to upload (it must be 200K or less) then click Add This Attachment. If you are sucessfull to this point your photos attachment will appear near bottom of new page and you will next click on add this attachment into post. Once in the post you can move it around just by cut and pasteing for the position you would like it to be. I find a picture around 740X--- works the best for me. If that does not work for you PM me with a detail of what you are doing and the outcome.

[attachmentid=24628]
Old 4/15/06, 11:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah, Zaino is not the only solution. Later this year, I'll be switching to Menzerna, as I beg to differ from all the Zainonites. Besides, having everyone use only one product just isn't fun at all.
Old 4/21/06, 09:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, I kinda agree...sorta....
I am a Zaino guy, and I have tried SEVERAL other waxes over the years.
Klasse and other "boutique" polish/wax combos can put out results that exceed what Zaino can do for a car. That is TRUE. However, it became a matter of ends not justifying the means for me. The true carnuba waxes give awesome shine and a deep gloss (even better than Zaino) but cost more, in initial investment dollars, time spent waxing, and maintainance.
When it came down to it, my car is not a true show car. I like to drive it. Zaino offers a longer lasting protection that is comparable (if barely inferior) to the "boutique" products.
Old 4/22/06, 08:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Ban the Zaino Zealots this sight is not for religious wars. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 5/3/06, 09:18 AM
GT Member

i'm a 100% Meguiar's user. Based on Results and customer service.

Quick Reply: Putting the Zaino Zealots in their place