Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Painting a 'Stang

Search this Thread

Old 7/17/11, 04:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Painting a 'Stang

:shrug: I am new to Mustang, cars in general, etc. But I SOON will have a '99-'04 Mustang V6 (hopefully V8). Once I buy it of course I want to paint it. Probably a shiny candy, glossy metallic type paint lol. Im still deciding on the color. Maybe a dark blue, then buy white stripes. Or maybe red with white stripes. But yeah im still deciding on that, maybe even a real nice grey.

But you know, my main concern is not necessarily price but its the quality of what im paying for. BUT i am thinking about doing it myself. I just want to know an estimate, DIY vs. A Paint store. I live in Detroit, MI btw.
Im not asking for a exact estimate or price I just want to sort of know an ballpark that I should be expecting when getting it painted. I want to know what I would need to do it myself. And where could I do it. Can you list ALL the things I will need to do it myself though. Or should I just buy the supplies and like prep. the car and take it to the pro's. Also can you tell me what I could do to prep it, would I like have to sand down the paint already on my car ?