Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

orbital buffing and body contours

Search this Thread

Old 3/12/12, 07:24 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
orbital buffing and body contours

ive looked at a ton of videos on swirl removal but they all seem to focus on flat areas like the top of the hood. Are there any videos that show how to remove swirls and polish non flat surfaces.
Old 3/13/12, 11:36 AM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Are you using a porter cable, and if so what kind of pads, material/polish, etc?
The new Mequiars DA kit is the way to go, Marc turned me on to this last night via phone and got one this morning @ local meguiars wholesaler.
@ different cutting/polish pads, and 2 different wax pads, product and a "killer" backing plate, also had a nice free detailing apron in the kit box.
These pads and product will work on all surfaces, including the "cruves" of the body, I just got through with a vehicle, and will try to post up some pics later today.

TDS
Old 3/14/12, 11:48 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by TDS
Are you using a porter cable, and if so what kind of pads, material/polish, etc?
The new Mequiars DA kit is the way to go, Marc turned me on to this last night via phone and got one this morning @ local meguiars wholesaler.
@ different cutting/polish pads, and 2 different wax pads, product and a "killer" backing plate, also had a nice free detailing apron in the kit box.
These pads and product will work on all surfaces, including the "cruves" of the body, I just got through with a vehicle, and will try to post up some pics later today.

TDS
i have a porter cable and the orange pad and black pad from auto geek. I also bought the wolfgang 3.0 polish and wax.

Im in Bham, maybe i can just let you detail it out. :-)
Old 3/15/12, 11:05 AM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

You can message me if you want us to do it, or check out our facebook page - Alabama Show Car Inc.

TDS