Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Mr. Clean Autowash system? Who has one?

Search this Thread

Old 6/7/05 | 01:26 PM

I have the pro series and I haven't gotten the chamois out of the garage since. My Cobra is laser red, so it doesn't show much, but my Regal is maroon metallic and it shows water spots like crazy. However, I didn't have to do a thing to it after using the Mr. Clean system. I just love washing the cars without having to get a bucket out. It's very convenient. The only thing I don't like is that sometimes my unit leaks soap while it is in the plastic carrying case!
Old 6/7/05 | 02:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by IA-SteveB@June 7, 2005, 3:29 PM
I have the pro series and I haven't gotten the chamois out of the garage since. My Cobra is laser red, so it doesn't show much, but my Regal is maroon metallic and it shows water spots like crazy. However, I didn't have to do a thing to it after using the Mr. Clean system. I just love washing the cars without having to get a bucket out. It's very convenient. The only thing I don't like is that sometimes my unit leaks soap while it is in the plastic carrying case!
You may want to try to use up that soap or pour it back in the bottle if you have any left. I don't know if it gets crusty or not. Don't want you to clog up your unit I just rinse mine out really well after use
Old 6/7/05 | 02:56 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I store my gun vertically thinking this would prevent clogging/crusting.
Guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks when I was again.
Old 6/7/05 | 03:24 PM

'Tis true. Mr. Clean is a wonderful thing. It is convenient, and it does make the washing process go faster. I also found that the mit that comes in there seems to get the bugs and dirt off really well with less scrubbing. Don't know if anyone here has tried the new Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for tires. I hear it is supposed to work really great. I plan to pick it up on my next trip to the store.
Old 6/7/05 | 03:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

It would be really nice if I could use my Meguires carwash in it! I'll probably go pick one up after I use up my meguires but I still have most of my 5 gallon left so it'll be awhile
Old 6/8/05 | 09:13 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by AUGrad@June 7, 2005, 3:27 PM
Don't know if anyone here has tried the new Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for tires. I hear it is supposed to work really great. I plan to pick it up on my next trip to the store.
Post when you try it. Would like to know myself.
Old 6/8/05 | 02:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by GhostTX@June 7, 2005, 4:59 PM
I store my gun vertically thinking this would prevent clogging/crusting.
Guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks when I was again.
Mine is vertical also, a good rinsing before and after use never hurts either
Old 6/8/05 | 10:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by AUGrad@June 7, 2005, 1:27 PM
Don't know if anyone here has tried the new Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for tires. I hear it is supposed to work really great. I plan to pick it up on my next trip to the store.
I wouldn't try it. It might work well on tires, but make sure not to use it on ANY painted surfaces (paint or wheels) because it is abrasive. It does work really well for getting the scuffs off the bottom of your doors that won't come off normally.
Old 7/17/05 | 09:05 PM
GT Member

I just got the Pro series for my birthday and used it for the first time on the '05 tonight. This thing is amazing! The jet spray is very powerful. Also, it came from Sam's so it was a bigger kit that included an additional refill filter and bottle of soap, so I should be set up for a while.

I think since I'm not dipping a mit into nasty water that I will avoid a lot of future swirl marks using this thing. I highly recommend!
Old 7/17/05 | 09:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

There's something about getting in there and cleaning every inch of car the good ole fashioned way. The day my car gets a wash is an event and I get down and dirty to keep it clean-- That's half the fun!

But for busy people, Mr. Clean has done a real service I suppose
Old 7/18/05 | 08:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by ex-Galaxie500@July 17, 2005, 11:48 PM
There's something about getting in there and cleaning every inch of car the good ole fashioned way. The day my car gets a wash is an event and I get down and dirty to keep it clean-- That's half the fun!

But for busy people, Mr. Clean has done a real service I suppose
Well you can still get in there and clean every inch. This unit just sprays the soap on the car and makes the drying process smoother. The washing process is almost the same
Old 7/28/05 | 05:34 PM
Bullitt Member

I've been using the Mr. Clean AutoWash system for over a year and I've had no problems with it. I may need to replace mine, though, as water's been leaking all over the gun.
Old 7/29/05 | 05:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

I use Mequires gold Class car wash and wax on my 05. I do live in an area that has extremely hard water so I do have to throughly dry my car after washing to prevent any hard water spots. I thought of getting the Mr. Clean system, but I thought by using the Mequires Gold Class car wash, it actually adds some wax on the car so it stays protected longer between wax jobs. I also have another vehicle that I use it on and the water still beads up even if I haven't waxed it for six months. Am I right?? It seems that by using both Mequires products that I don't have to wax as often and water still beads up which to me means that I do have still a wax barrier on the paint. What are your thoughts?
Old 7/31/05 | 07:49 AM

I must have something wrong with my system, I wasn't impressed at all by the Mr. Clean System.

I followed the instructions exactly...rinsed one section of my Black GT at a time, then turned the dial on the soap setting, got the brand new sponge I bought wet with the soap too and sprayed the section down with soap. Then washed it with the sponge, after that...turned it on the rinse setting to rinse off the soap, then on the filter setting.

What I got was a car that looked like I had poured oil all over it. There were rainbow streaks everywhere, it looked like crap. The instructions say it goes away and leaves a nice shine, but I waited 30 minutes...and it did nothing.

The car was washed in the shade as well, away from direct sunlight. Even after it had dried with this nasty film on it, I tried to wipe it away with a microfiber towel...that didn't work. Finally in frustration took it to the car wash and got it all clean again.

Anyone else had this problem?
Old 7/31/05 | 11:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by 05HawkeyeGT@July 31, 2005, 7:52 AM
I must have something wrong with my system, I wasn't impressed at all by the Mr. Clean System.

I followed the instructions exactly...rinsed one section of my Black GT at a time, then turned the dial on the soap setting, got the brand new sponge I bought wet with the soap too and sprayed the section down with soap. Then washed it with the sponge, after that...turned it on the rinse setting to rinse off the soap, then on the filter setting.

What I got was a car that looked like I had poured oil all over it. There were rainbow streaks everywhere, it looked like crap. The instructions say it goes away and leaves a nice shine, but I waited 30 minutes...and it did nothing.

The car was washed in the shade as well, away from direct sunlight. Even after it had dried with this nasty film on it, I tried to wipe it away with a microfiber towel...that didn't work. Finally in frustration took it to the car wash and got it all clean again.

I am also NOT inpressed with this system at all...no rainbow streak though, just that the product in no way does what it says it does.
I rinse each panel as I wash, but I dont do the filtered rinse till the very end, and then I rinse the whole car at once, made the most sense to me, so I would not recontaminate already final rinsed areas! :notnice:
Old 8/2/05 | 06:30 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by 05HawkeyeGT@July 31, 2005, 8:52 AM

Exactly the same problem here... It leaves this extremely nasty brown grime film over the entire car and it has rainbow streaks throughout. I had to rewash the whole car because of this crap. This product blows.
Old 8/4/05 | 10:21 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I rinse the whole car, then soap and rinse by sections, then rinse again and finally I use the filtered water. I don't have any issues with it.

Maybe y'all got a bad gun/filter? Was the filter fully pressed into the gun? Was the filter in at all ?
Old 8/4/05 | 11:37 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by GhostTX@August 4, 2005, 11:24 AM
I rinse the whole car, then soap and rinse by sections, then rinse again and finally I use the filtered water. I don't have any issues with it.

Maybe y'all got a bad gun/filter? Was the filter fully pressed into the gun? Was the filter in at all ?
Yes and yes.
Old 8/4/05 | 09:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 05HawkeyeGT@July 31, 2005, 8:52 AM

Same here..........tried it ......hated it.......Went back to my old way of washing and drying. It takes longer but the results are much better.
Old 8/6/05 | 12:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

I've used mine several times now and it has worked like charm everytime. To me this thing is great. I hated the washing and drying process before but, it's easy now. Not sure how you got brown gunk all over the car unless there is something wrong with the filter since the soap is green. Did you try another filter?

Quick Reply: Mr. Clean Autowash system? Who has one?