Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

HELP - Ideas - crazy issue with a cap stuck in cap less fuel nozzle to tank

Search this Thread

Old 10/26/19, 03:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HELP - Ideas - crazy issue with a cap stuck in cap less fuel nozzle to tank

Yesterday without driving my car with my buddy and all was good. So I go to pay for gas inside and I ask him to put in the few injecting cleaner and the gas will I go pay. My words which I've told Don plenty was to make sure you use the funnel in the trunk b/c the way fords capless fueling works.

Yes text if you injector cleaner in their prove a point went to cap on it and then proceeded to pull it off was a cap stayed in their fuel line to my gas tank. I can actually see a in its about 7" down.

At this point the option I'm going after is taking off the back tire and and then taking off the inner fender well. I'm Thinking this would be my best shot without having to deal with taking off the exhaust or worrying about anything else because I'm not replacing it I just want to take it down so I can get this stupid cap out.

Any Suggestions please let me know....
And killing Don at this point Isn't going to help me to be able to fill my car up with gas.
Old 10/26/19, 04:16 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
I'm trying to interpret this and not trying to be an arz but where is the Ford provided funnel stuck at? In the gas tank or in the suspension area? Removing fenders and whatnot wouldn't help if the funnel is in the gas tank tube?
Old 10/26/19, 04:18 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
I think the cap to the injector cleaner is in the filler tube. Not sure what the process is to pull it or if you have to pull the tank to do it.
The following users liked this post:
JABPET0722 (10/26/19)
Old 10/26/19, 06:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's exactly what's happened the plastic cap from the Lucas fuel injector cleaner nd yet is about 7 inches down.

Going start with rear wheel vender well and take it step by step..... May have to drop said tank and do everything which will be horrible but we'll find out. All over a plastic cap because someone wants to prove that it would fit, but at the end of day just bc it fits, doesn't mean it's gonna come back out.

Ty for your responses In the hope that clarifies up situation....predicament