Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Girlfriend scuffed seat a little

Search this Thread

Old 8/12/05, 06:01 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a similar problem where the side of the driver's seat (on the vinyl portion) has an abrasion or scuff mark. I went to the used car area who told me they had nothing. New car parts referred me to the collision shop. I went to the collision shop, they tried some things but could not make it go away, and referred me to a trim shop. i went to the trim shop and he told me this is due to wear, that in this case he would replace the whole seat. he said to talk to the dealer, that maybe it is covered under warranty. Does anyone have any thoughts on this, or can you make another referral since I seem to be referred all over the city?! thanks in advance. :scratch:
Old 8/12/05, 06:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by ILikeBond@July 14, 2005, 11:38 PM
Can't hurt. Before using shoe polish (on vinyl), I'd try some other products, maybe something from Armoral (totally wrong spelling).
This is like dejavu. My prom date, while getting out of the passenger seat, left a little scuff from her jewels on her dress. Mine was on the area just below the dash. I used Armor-All on it. It didn't go away COMPLETELY, but it did lessen the appearance.

BTW- ArmorAll is so good on charcoal interiors. I gave my car a FULL interior treatment, and ill maybe write up about that later, but it came out looking 50x better.
Old 8/12/05, 07:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Dan Kurdziel@August 12, 2005, 6:04 AM
I have a similar problem where the side of the driver's seat (on the vinyl portion) has an abrasion or scuff mark. I went to the used car area who told me they had nothing. New car parts referred me to the collision shop. I went to the collision shop, they tried some things but could not make it go away, and referred me to a trim shop. i went to the trim shop and he told me this is due to wear, that in this case he would replace the whole seat. he said to talk to the dealer, that maybe it is covered under warranty. Does anyone have any thoughts on this, or can you make another referral since I seem to be referred all over the city?! thanks in advance. :scratch:
Thats what I was thinking. Tell them you just noticed that you have a scuff mark on your seat. Who knows they may replace it for you.
Old 8/12/05, 07:52 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
can you post a pic of the scuff so we can see just how bad it is? It would have to be pretty bad that just using a cleaner/condition would not repair it.
Old 8/12/05, 08:12 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@August 12, 2005, 7:55 AM
can you post a pic of the scuff so we can see just how bad it is? It would have to be pretty bad that just using a cleaner/condition would not repair it.
I'll try to get one up tonight. Amazingly, it is not bad at all, but nothing will get it out completely. When I post it, everyone will probably think, "Are you kidding?", but it still bothers me.
Old 8/12/05, 08:32 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's the small things that drive owners crazy so don't worry, you are not alone.
Old 8/12/05, 02:14 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Andy Haynes@August 12, 2005, 7:52 AM
Thats what I was thinking. Tell them you just noticed that you have a scuff mark on your seat. Who knows they may replace it for you.

I may try the armour all to see if that works, and, if not, I'll talk to the dealer. All they can say is no. Mine isn't that bad but I sure notice it whenever I get in the car. I'll try to attach a picture of it. Thanks a lot.
Old 9/22/05, 08:58 PM
V6 Member

I went to the dealer today and showed them the scuff mark. They said this happens with this type of seat, that it sticks out and is hard to get in and out of without scuffing it. the answer is to have a power seat with memory that slides back than return to the original position. Obviously, we don't have this. Other that making my butt skinnier, they put an entry in the computer, want to watch this over the next year or so, and, hopefully, it will get worse and they can then replace the seat. Not the best answer but they said nothing can be done to make it look better. I also went to trim shops and they said nothing can be done. I tried leather treatment but it didn't help. I'll have to watch it and hope it gets worse I guess.
Old 9/23/05, 11:42 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Dan Kurdziel@September 22, 2005, 9:01 PM
I went to the dealer today and showed them the scuff mark. They said this happens with this type of seat, that it sticks out and is hard to get in and out of without scuffing it. the answer is to have a power seat with memory that slides back than return to the original position. Obviously, we don't have this. Other that making my butt skinnier, they put an entry in the computer, want to watch this over the next year or so, and, hopefully, it will get worse and they can then replace the seat. Not the best answer but they said nothing can be done to make it look better. I also went to trim shops and they said nothing can be done. I tried leather treatment but it didn't help. I'll have to watch it and hope it gets worse I guess.

I came in here about to ask the same question, and now I see the exact same problem!

I have the same thing happening on the drivers side seat. I try to get in and out as carefully as possible, but I too have marks just like those. I've tried everything to get rid of them, but have had no luck.

At least I know I'm not alone.
Old 9/30/05, 11:20 AM
V6 Member

The scuff marks are getting worse. It's really frustrating, considering I don't even have plates on the car yet.

Maybe my butt is too fat.
Old 9/30/05, 11:57 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
from the looks of that picture...

I think you have some grounds of divorce!..... or maybe a paid hit.

If the police question you show them the picture and they'll completly understand.
Old 10/13/05, 11:21 AM
V6 Member

Took my car in today to get the seat documented and a rattle on the right side of the dash dealt with. I doubt Ford will do anything with the seat, but at least I'm having it looked at.
Old 10/13/05, 05:02 PM
V6 Member

Not that anyone is even reading this, but Ford has approved replacing my seat. Never thought it would happen, but here we are. If this is happening to anyone else, please take it in to your dealer.