Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Dodo Juice

Old 1/14/14, 03:44 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dodo Juice

So just bought some Dodo Juice Blue Velvet and Purple haze to try on the DIB beast when I get back in a few. Anyone use this and have a review? I'm anxious to see how deep I can make that blue paint gloss. Excited!
Old 1/14/14, 09:17 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd be curious to see how it turns out. Post some pics when it is done

I got the BlackFire polish,wet diamond, and montan wax to try out when it is warm enough to apply. Anxious to see how that looks on DIB as well.
Old 1/15/14, 12:06 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I will do a write up when I'm done. Being that it's winter in Germany and it just started snowing again I'm not sure when I will be able to get a full detail in on my car. I can't wash my car at the house in Germany because it's kind of illegal so I have to use the car wash and then dry when I get to the house. It's pretty much a bummer but there's not much else I can do. I'm eventually going to do waterless wash but I haven't gotten around to getting any just yet.
Old 1/20/14, 10:18 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a HUGE fan of Dodo Juice waxes.

2006 "Red Fire" Mustang Convertible Featuring Pinnacle and Dodo Juice

Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek
Last weekend I got together with a fellow Autogeek (pun intended) and we gave his 2006 "Red Fire" Mustang a much needed detail.

Jeff purchased the car used a couple years ago with only 25,000 miles on it and for the most part the car was in great shape. He has regularly maintained it with the standard wash and wax but as long as he has owned it, the car has never been clayed, polished, or seen a true coat of carnauba.

The only part of the car that had any swirls on it was the hood and the trunk lid. They were very minor and were only visible under the right lighting at the right angle, so heavy correction work wasn't necessary.

Old 1/21/14, 03:08 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Awesome. I can't wait to buff her out and then lay some new wax down.
Old 2/10/14, 08:48 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I just finished laying down the wax. After I put the PH down I was really impressed. It really brought out the purple color in the metallic DIB paint. After I was done buffing it out I just kind of stared for a while. I decided to lay some BV on top of the PH and it looks freakin amazing. The BV was little more difficult to lay down for some reason. It might have been the temp dropping down to the mid 30's.

Old 2/10/14, 09:16 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^looks awesome steve...
Old 2/10/14, 09:33 AM
Detailing Guru

Looking good!
As a head's up, it's best to wait between layers until you've given her another wash. These high end waxes don't like being layered without having enough time to allow all the excess solvents evaporate. By giving it a bit more time, you'll find increase clarity/shine as well as slickness, and won't run into as many issues with hazing/difficulty to remove.

Don't forget to update us over the next weeks/month or two on how you enjoy these products and how they perform. I guarantee a lot of fellow enthusiasts have some questions on your high-end wax experience.
Old 2/10/14, 10:20 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Thanks for the heads up. I will be sure to update this thread once I work with each wax a little more. I put it on super thin using LC pads and a PC DA. I buffed off with a Meg's wool pad and then got all the cracks with a Micro Fiber towel.

I need some wheel wax. I also just found a German auto parts store that carries the whole Sonax line of stuff and some P21S wheel cleaning gel. I need some interior cleaning stuff since my Groits interior cleaner got used up before I shipped my wife's kid hauler over here.
Old 2/11/14, 08:52 AM
Detailing Guru

Buffed off with a Meg's wool pad???
Why?

Apply thin with a foam applicator by hand and remove the hazed wax with a clean microfiber towel. That's all there is to it. This is a product that has no abrasives in it so applying or removing in a circular motion won't give you any benefit, but could affect you installing swirls/buffing trails on your beautiful paint work. If you want to use a machine in your wax application, I'd recommend you look into Dodo Juice Lime Prime (has abrasives) or Lime Prime Lite (doesn't have abrasives).

I even have an article on the Lite version:
http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...cleaner-glaze/
Old 2/11/14, 11:43 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

My bad. It was a MF pad. I get what you are saying though.
Old 2/11/14, 07:39 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,197 Posts
Looks killer Steve.
I've heard good things about the DoDo. I was actually thinking about getting some for the Roush and I DON'T use wax,...AT ALL,.....on any of my vehicles. Even my daily driver just gets the Zaino polish.
That stuff is so smooth and pure, you can apply it by hand if you wanted to.
Old 2/12/14, 01:38 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Thanks Stage, I just got a sweet deal on a Canon T5i kit so I will be taking plenty more pictures of what I've been up to over here in beer land.
Old 2/12/14, 04:57 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,197 Posts
Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
Thanks Stage, I just got a sweet deal on a Canon T5i kit so I will be taking plenty more pictures of what I've been up to over here in beer land.
Very cool man!