Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Detailing for Dummies with Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 4/24/05, 02:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know normal brands very well. I'm a big advocate of Meguiars and the new NXT line. I used Gold Class prior to that. I guess I'll just need to get the claybar and do a proper detail. All I know is my car won a few awards for how sharp it looked for it's age and having original paint and I didn't get the car in near the condition of my new 04. I should have no problems with the Meguiars products and having a garage.

And..........I don't need to order my stuff.
Old 4/24/05, 03:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Would Meguires "quick detailer", and Zainos Z-8 be the same?
Old 4/24/05, 03:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Merlot@April 24, 2005, 4:04 PM
Would Meguires "quick detailer", and Zainos Z-8 be the same?
Yeah, I think so. Both are intended for use between detailing. Ideally, after you wash your car and dry it, you spray on some Quik Detailer and then microfiber it off to restore that "just waxed" look--I know, sounds fishy to me, too. The Z-8 supposedly "bonds" to layers of Zaino that have already been applied. I think it's better to just throw on another layer of wax/polish if you're going over the whole thing anyway.
Old 4/24/05, 03:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by mustangfun101@April 24, 2005, 3:32 PM
I know normal brands very well. I'm a big advocate of Meguiars and the new NXT line. I used Gold Class prior to that. I guess I'll just need to get the claybar and do a proper detail. All I know is my car won a few awards for how sharp it looked for it's age and having original paint and I didn't get the car in near the condition of my new 04. I should have no problems with the Meguiars products and having a garage.

And..........I don't need to order my stuff.
Cool. So you're getting better results with NXT versus Gold Class? Is it worth switching?
Old 4/24/05, 03:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

They seem to be about the same but I find the NXT easier to remove.
Old 4/24/05, 07:08 PM
V6 Member

Badandy,

I wanted to post this in the public forums so all could see.

I accept your aplogy for the repy to my post. I think it was a case of two people saying the same thing in a diffrent way. No hard feelings, no issues whatsoever. We are both very passionate about our hobby and it is exciting to be a part of a hobby that generates the love, passion and opinions that our hobby generates.

Please continue to post your feeliongs and opinions on this forum. Because of this post, I learned a great deal about the Zaino process and it brought me 20 years out of the stone ages in reference to car care.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with all of us in the Mustang hobby.

Happy motoring.

Super CJ
Old 4/27/05, 03:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

All good reading in this thread !!! ..Want an opinion from an automotive painter? As long as you stay away from "wax" that uses ANY kind of silicone you will be OK. Silicone is a killer...of alot of things on your car !! Stay clear of Armour All with silicone !!! Your dash may look nice now, but if you stop using it, in a few years...crack city !!!

Now as far as clay bars and "polish" are concerned, they do have 2 different functions. The clay bars are more for cleaning your surface. Polsh is more abbrasive, it actually miro-sands the surface. A warning here....if you "polish" your car too much you WILL "burn" through whatever surface you are polishing over time. Polishing is a great way of removing orange peel and small imperfections such as dust in the paint/clear. Clay bars are much safer for a novice.

Every car I paint I wetsand and polish afterwards. With the paint products available today I can spray a car 1 day and wetsand/polish it the next. As for what I use...well after wetsanding with 2000 grit I polish with 3M heavy Duty compound, the again with medium, and finally with fine....all on a buffer. After that I use 3M hand glaze and finally I use the 3M show care glaze....Turns out like glass. I then recommend the hand/showcar glaze every 3 months after washing the car...of course. Ive never had a come-back and people love the shine.

With my new car I went over it with the hand glaze, then the showcar glaze....incredible shine, water falls off the surface and it dries very easily after a rain/wash. I did it in Nov. reapplied in March and it still looks good. The best part is, the 2 bottles of hand and showcar glaze cost about $30.00 total !!! And you should get about 6 applications out of each bottle !!!

Check Here...