Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

convertible top

Search this Thread

Old 5/16/12, 08:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
was wondering if there were any products that would make the top nice and shiny. i have heard armor all is bad for it. i do have meguires top cleaner. but its just a cleaner. it would also be nice if i could pick up something locally. right now the best input i have is raggtop. i may give that a try if i cant find anytning at the store. so far i have tried autozone, oriellys, and walmart. i didnt get a chance to stop in advanced or carquest yet. but any input is welcome.
Old 5/18/12, 06:39 PM
Bullitt Member

:crickets:
Old 10/15/12, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by onebadvert
was wondering if there were any products that would make the top nice and shiny. i have heard armor all is bad for it. i do have meguires top cleaner. but its just a cleaner. it would also be nice if i could pick up something locally. right now the best input i have is raggtop. i may give that a try if i cant find anytning at the store. so far i have tried autozone, oriellys, and walmart. i didnt get a chance to stop in advanced or carquest yet. but any input is welcome.
You can touch it up with black gloss vinyl and upholstery paint. I painted my old faded brownish convertible top and it looks like new.
Old 10/16/12, 07:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by devanslive

You can touch it up with black gloss vinyl and upholstery paint. I painted my old faded brownish convertible top and it looks like new.
my top is new. i just wanted to make it shine, kinda like what armorall does. but i heard armoral isnt good for it.
Old 10/16/12, 09:26 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
303 Makes a really good product (which I used on my vinyl top before I got it switched to fabric) and you can sometimes find it locally... Some Napa Auto Part stores carry it and RV stores usually will sell it too (it's where I found mine when I was using it), and of course, online...

http://303products.com/index.php/303...e-top-kit.html
Old 10/18/12, 11:19 AM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by Iceknyght
303 Makes a really good product (which I used on my vinyl top before I got it switched to fabric) and you can sometimes find it locally... Some Napa Auto Part stores carry it and RV stores usually will sell it too (it's where I found mine when I was using it), and of course, online...

http://303products.com/index.php/303...e-top-kit.html
Exactlly, 303 makes an "armorall" type product that has a UV rating, they also make a complete convertible top cleaning kit, also raggtop is out there. Now if it is a cloth top, 303 has the finest treatment for those, used and reccomended by hundreds of sailboaters, 303 High Tech Fabric Guard, it adds additional water repel properties and keeps the fabric from sun bleaching. We use it here on verts during details, cloth tops of course. On vinyl or others we use the 303 vert top kit and give the left over to the customer for later.
Old 10/18/12, 11:23 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TDS
Exactlly, 303 makes an "armorall" type product that has a UV rating, they also make a complete convertible top cleaning kit, also raggtop is out there. Now if it is a cloth top, 303 has the finest treatment for those, used and reccomended by hundreds of sailboaters, 303 High Tech Fabric Guard, it adds additional water repel properties and keeps the fabric from sun bleaching. We use it here on verts during details, cloth tops of course. On vinyl or others we use the 303 vert top kit and give the left over to the customer for later.
I use that High Tech fabric Guard on my cloth top (well, I *did* before trading it in) and will be using it on the new car when it comes in! Definitely works great!
Old 10/19/12, 12:54 AM
Detailing Guru

Go with RaggTopp - best stuff hands down. I'm a convertible owner myself and there's a reason it's the only thing I'll use.

Your top should be fabric if my memory serves me correctly, so make sure to get their aerosol can of Fabric Protectant for canvas tops.