Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Cleaning advice

Search this Thread

Old 3/26/14, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cleaning advice

Kinda new to this forum and was curious if I could get some help here.

My older Stang is a 2004 40th anniversary edition in shadow gray. It's great but I don't really put the work into it that I used to now that I have my 2014 loaded 5.0.

The 5.0 is black... my first completely black vehicle. So I need some advice on which car care products folks are using on these lately.

I'm also curious about interior treatments. I have the leather taken care of, but I'm curious about the dash and doors.. armorall is too oily and always seemed to need to be cleaned again a week later (especially in a convertible). Any other suggestions for interior cleaners that leave a nice professional shine but without the oil?

Thanks for your time.
Old 3/28/14, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bacon Overlord
Kinda new to this forum and was curious if I could get some help here.

My older Stang is a 2004 40th anniversary edition in shadow gray. It's great but I don't really put the work into it that I used to now that I have my 2014 loaded 5.0.

The 5.0 is black... my first completely black vehicle. So I need some advice on which car care products folks are using on these lately.

I'm also curious about interior treatments. I have the leather taken care of, but I'm curious about the dash and doors.. armorall is too oily and always seemed to need to be cleaned again a week later (especially in a convertible). Any other suggestions for interior cleaners that leave a nice professional shine but without the oil?

Thanks for your time.
Congrats on the new 5.0! Black is definitely a hassle to maintain, but proper products and techniques can surely help. Do you already have any wash/dry products or were you looking for basically everything?

I personally like various supplies from different manufacturers, such as CG Citrus Wash & Gloss, DI Sheepskin Wash Mitt, DI Microfiber Dry Towel, etc.

For the interior, 303 Aerospace Protectant and Einszett Cockpit Premium are some of my favorites.

Hope that helps for the start!

Ivan @ DI
Old 3/28/14, 12:33 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
5.0 black... u just got a full time job buddy...