Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

car wash?

Search this Thread

Old 9/12/13, 11:22 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Must...... Resist....... Urge.........to......respond......to.....this..... .. Thread.......

Arrrrrrghhhhhh
^^Lol I know right. I about killed my wife when I came home after being gone for a few months and my '12 had swirl marks and scratches from her taking it through car washes. 7 hours of paint correction & waxing I was able to get it back in top condition!!

Last edited by Ajcruz1; 9/12/13 at 11:37 AM.
Old 9/12/13, 11:44 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^ i got scratches just parking next to my wife's car... she has three hand bags n with additional groceryyyyy you can imagine how that happend.... i learned my lesson.
Old 9/12/13, 12:01 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by CiniZter
^ i got scratches just parking next to my wife's car... she has three hand bags n with additional groceryyyyy you can imagine how that happend.... i learned my lesson.
The friendly fire casualties hurt the most.
Old 9/12/13, 04:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

I live in an apartment complex with no outdoor hose. Ive got my wash regimen down to a science. My 13 GT now has 12k miles on it and i STILL have yet to get any noticeable micro swirl-age or scratches from my wash method. Trust me im as **** as they come. No homo.

The key is to physically touch the car as little as possible. I use a pressure wash bay near my home that accepts credit cards. This way im not wasting time fumbling wet change as time continues to expire. First i pressure wash the entire car, wheel wells and undercarriage with soap. Then a complete pressure rinse. Now almost all the loose dirt and grit is off your paint. I then take out my 4 cycle gas blower and blow as much water off the car as i can. Making sure i blow out all the cracks where water hides. Finally i take the new Meguiars Wash Wax Spray a dampen my micro fiber towel with it. I spray one section of the car at a time then wipe working my way from top to bottom leaving the wheels last after the door jams and engine bay.

This method has been fail proof for me and it leaves my sterling gray paint looking brilliant and gorgeous. I like the wash wax spray because not only does it leave a very thin layer of wax on ur car everytime u wash, it also has a very slick lubricating agent in it which saves ur *** if you do happen to pick up any dirt in your micro fiber towel.

Hope i could help.
Old 9/12/13, 04:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Post wash

car wash?-image-2683660451.jpg
Old 9/12/13, 05:03 PM
GT Member

Must...... Resist....... Urge.........to......respond......to.....this..... .. Thread.......

Arrrrrrghhhhhh
Didn't quite make it, though!
Old 9/12/13, 05:30 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO
I then take out my 4 cycle gas blower and blow as much water off the car as i can. Making sure i blow out all the cracks where water hides..
Which gas blower do you have. I m looking for gas operated one as I hv no elec source available. I too live in apt.
Old 9/12/13, 07:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by CiniZter

Which gas blower do you have. I m looking for gas operated one as I hv no elec source available. I too live in apt.
Its a Troy Bilt 4 cycle. Bought it 3 years ago and change the oil every spring. Works great.

Just make sure u get a 4 cycle and not a 2. U dont wanna be blowing oil all over ur freshly washed car.
Old 9/13/13, 04:31 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO
Its a Troy Bilt 4 cycle. Bought it 3 years ago and change the oil every spring. Works great.

Just make sure u get a 4 cycle and not a 2. U dont wanna be blowing oil all over ur freshly washed car.
You mix the oil with the gas, right? How would that get to the blower source that creates the air used to "dry" the car???
Old 9/13/13, 06:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Bucko
You mix the oil with the gas, right? How would that get to the blower source that creates the air used to "dry" the car???
No, with a 4 cycle theres no oil/gas mixing. Its basically like a single cylinder engine with a oil in the crank case only and gas in a separate tank. 2 cycles must have an oil/gas mix and since ur exhaust flow is used as ur blowing power, ur blowing oil all over ur vehicle.
Old 9/13/13, 06:33 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by PonyOx

The friendly fire casualties hurt the most.
Ain't that the truth. My wife is the worst offender. She keeps my body shop and paint guy in business and contributes to his retirement funds. Lol

Originally Posted by Lava Dude

Didn't quite make it, though!
Haha... I know right? At least I didn't weigh in yet. I'll let you guys duke it out
Old 9/13/13, 07:48 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cmon Z show us what ya got!
Old 9/13/13, 02:16 PM

Ain't that the truth. My wife is the worst offender. She keeps my body shop and paint guy in business and contributes to his retirement funds. Lol

Haha... I know right? At least I didn't weigh in yet. I'll let you guys duke it out
I heard if you drop your microfiber towel on the floor, it's ok to pick it up and start washing again. Thoughts?
Old 9/13/13, 03:35 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Sabin
I heard if you drop your microfiber towel on the floor, it's ok to pick it up and start washing again. Thoughts?
If the floor happens to be in a surgical room, sure.

But to answer your question, dirt on your paint or in your towel... Not a good thing to rub those together.
Old 9/13/13, 04:02 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
best car wash... my garage!

Name:  WP_004633_zps2dfe9809.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  101.3 KB
Old 9/13/13, 06:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by lakersfreak
How do you pick a good car wash who's not gonna ruin your car???? I've had car wash places break stuff in my cars before but with my mustang I will kill anyone (at least for now...) if anything is messed up! Also just put tint in. How long should I wait before washing so it doesn't ruin the tint>?

There's actually a decent place nearby you. I have one a block away but it sucks.. so i went searching, and the car wash spot right next to the best buy/toys r us/costco lot does a really good job and theyre very careful and thorough. even have a huge canopy for when they dry your car. However, i still didnt want them to put my car through the machine, so they will do a full(really FULL) hand wash but no wax. and thats $25!!! wax will be extra

so although i think thats a good place to get the car washed if you get lazy one day, i personally switched to washing the car myself. its really easy, the only extremely frustrating part for me is drying the **** thing

Last edited by roadrunner; 9/13/13 at 06:46 PM.
Old 9/13/13, 06:50 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Arrrrrrghhhhhh
HA HA!!!! I know, right?

Originally Posted by GRN 5OH
Best car wash place I have ever found is my very own driveway
I agree there.
I never take the Stang to the car wash. Never have, never ever will.
As for the daily driver, she goes only when it is stupid cold out during the winter months and that is through a touchless car wash and even that bothers me. lol
Old 9/13/13, 09:00 PM

If the floor happens to be in a surgical room, sure.

But to answer your question, dirt on your paint or in your towel... Not a good thing to rub those together.
Haha, I'm just teasing you. ;-) I take it you are active on Autogeekonline?
Old 9/14/13, 05:14 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Sabin

Haha, I'm just teasing you. ;-) I take it you are active on Autogeekonline?
That amongst other detailing sites. Used to run my own detailing biz until kids and life caught up with me
Old 9/16/13, 09:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by roadrunner
There's actually a decent place nearby you. I have one a block away but it sucks.. so i went searching, and the car wash spot right next to the best buy/toys r us/costco lot does a really good job and theyre very careful and thorough. even have a huge canopy for when they dry your car. However, i still didnt want them to put my car through the machine, so they will do a full(really FULL) hand wash but no wax. and thats $25!!! wax will be extra

so although i think thats a good place to get the car washed if you get lazy one day, i personally switched to washing the car myself. its really easy, the only extremely frustrating part for me is drying the **** thing
HAHA nice. I'll have a to check that place out. I know exactly where that place is.

Quick Reply: car wash?