Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Car Cover Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 1/18/15, 01:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Car Cover Suggestions

I am in need of a car cover for my 14 Roush as I am tired of the dust and crap in the air settling on the car while it is in winter hibernation. Looking online there is a huge range of prices and materials, anywhere from $30 to 900+. I'm looking to see which covers you are using and your thoughts on them. I don't need an outdoor cover, and I just want to get one that is soft so it won't scratch or swirl the paint and is breathable so it doesn't trap moisture underneath. I like the idea of a more form fitting cover, but that may risk swirling and marring the paint more.

Let me know what you guys are using and if you like them or not. Thanks!
Old 1/18/15, 01:33 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by SplitSecond
I am in need of a car cover for my 14 Roush as I am tired of the dust and crap in the air settling on the car while it is in winter hibernation. Looking online there is a huge range of prices and materials, anywhere from $30 to 900+. I'm looking to see which covers you are using and your thoughts on them. I don't need an outdoor cover, and I just want to get one that is soft so it won't scratch or swirl the paint and is breathable so it doesn't trap moisture underneath. I like the idea of a more form fitting cover, but that may risk swirling and marring the paint more. Let me know what you guys are using and if you like them or not. Thanks!
The Ultraweave cover is the one I've been using. Used it in my 2000 for years too. The cover breathes and it dries after a storm very quickly.

I may upgrade to the Stormweave at some point.

http://www.calcarcover.com/c_carcove...ang/GT/All/1/#
Old 1/18/15, 01:37 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
I'd recommend these too if the car is outside.

Gust Strap Car Cover Wind Protector - Protect Your Car Cover From Blowing Off in High Wind... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007W6X7C8..._qKbVub0SYCE71

They work great.
Old 1/18/15, 02:27 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Costco.com sells CoverKing. Great fit, reasonable. I've bought one for each of my cars and they're great.
Old 1/18/15, 08:41 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a Ford accessory car cover...says "MUSTANG" on the rear, has a running horse/tri bar logo on the front, it fits perfect, has elastic on the front and rear, does not blow off in the wind, eyelets for a cable lock (which I use) It does get dirty where it comes into contact with the tires, which is probably normal for all covers. It's really nice, I like it.

Wolf makes a good cover, from what I understand.
Old 1/21/15, 09:37 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SplitSecond
I am in need of a car cover for my 14 Roush as I am tired of the dust and crap in the air settling on the car while it is in winter hibernation. Looking online there is a huge range of prices and materials, anywhere from $30 to 900+. I'm looking to see which covers you are using and your thoughts on them. I don't need an outdoor cover, and I just want to get one that is soft so it won't scratch or swirl the paint and is breathable so it doesn't trap moisture underneath. I like the idea of a more form fitting cover, but that may risk swirling and marring the paint more.

Let me know what you guys are using and if you like them or not. Thanks!
Hey Split,

I know all how it feels to have our cars in their winter slumber, I haven't even seen my 2014 in months!

I personally use the Covercraft Deluxe Custom-Fit Car Cover and love it!

It is designed for indoor and outdoor use and can be used for both.

The fabric is soft enough to prevent scratched but strong enough to keep everything out!

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

-Will