Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Any one use ONR

Search this Thread

Old 4/10/12, 08:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any one use ONR

Reviews of Optimum No Rinse car wash?
Old 4/13/12, 08:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have sworn by ONR on every car I've owned over the last 6 years. It's a faster and less wasteful method of cleaning your car with almost no drawbacks. I haven't used the new formula but I just picked some up and I hear it's even better than the old one I've been using.

Name:  rwmua.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  228.6 KB
Old 4/13/12, 09:29 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ONR is pretty good. Work on getting a good technique and it won't harm your paint. It can even be used to clean wheels, but make sure you use dedicated wheel mitts/towels when you do and save them for last.
Old 4/14/12, 07:03 AM

ONR performs as advertised, with great results, and a whole lot more!

I purchased a 32 oz bottle of Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine not long after buying my first Mustang, a Black 2005 GT. I've owned one other black car, my very first car, so I knew that I'd have to spend a little extra time to keep it looking clean. Ha ha! Guess I forgot just how much time I spent washing that '77 black firebird 30 years ago, and I had no clue that my washing was inducing swirls and scratches in the paint! Maybe maintaining the appearance of a black car when I was 16 just seemed to take "a little extra time" because I had so much free time back then. Maintaining a swirl free glossy appearance on my black Mustang was more like a second full time job for me before I found ONR.

I usually do a regular wash 1 or 2 times a week, but all too often, a thin layer of dust covers the car the next day. A quick, rinseless, wash using ONR is perfect for this situation. Just 2 oz of ONR mixed with 4 gal of water will safely remove the dust without causing swirls, and it saves a lot of time compared to a regular wash. I also use it as a quick detailer(1 oz ONR:16 oz water), clay bar lube(1 oz ONR:32 oz water) interior detailer(1 oz ONR :16 oz water), and window cleaner(1 oz ONR :24 oz water).
Old 4/15/12, 09:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
I have been using it for a while now too. Good results and easy to use. I use it in a spray bottle and remove with a mircofiber towel. If my car gets really dirty which doesn't happen to often I go to the pressure touchless wash first and then follow up with the spray bottle. I use a cali car duster every day to keep the dust off.

Last edited by Glenn; 4/15/12 at 04:51 PM.
Old 4/15/12, 10:03 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had ordered this last week for the first time, Im looking forward to it,this blasted Kona Blue is a Pain in A...
Old 6/19/12, 05:47 PM

I've been using it for about 3 years. I really like it. Definitely a time saver and the cars come out looking great.
Old 6/20/12, 07:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

I just started using ONR 2 months ago. I put 1 1/2 caps in a 32oz spray bottle and use a good quality microfiber towel and a plush microfiber towel. My mustang is never filthy and never taken out in Rain or Snow so this method works for me:

Drench each panel with ONR solution, prime good quality microfiber towel with ONR. Drag microfiber primed with ONR across the panels to get most of the solution off do not use too much pressure the weight of the microfiber towel should be enough. Follow up with an ultra plush microfiber to get the little remaining solution off. Ring out the first microfiber after each panel the second plush microfiber should be almost dry. This works for me every time, car looks great no swirls introduced to the paint using this method for me. On my Daily Driver this works also but if the car is really dirty like after 3-4 days of rain I will use the conventional washing method using ONR.

I basically use it as a hybrid detailer and quick car wash when the weather is dry and it's basically dust and airborne dirt sitting on the car.

This is just one of the many ways you can use it. I even use it on my kitchen appliances which are all stainless steel.
Old 6/20/12, 08:48 AM
V6 Member

I use it and love it. It's great for clay lube and of course maintenance washing. I've got a gallon of version 2 and I can send you a sample to try it if you'd like. PM me if interested.
Old 6/21/12, 05:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought a gallon of ONR when the city put in water usage restrictions (no car washing, no use of lawn sprinklers and irrrigation sprinklers, hand watering of lawns and gardens only) for a month last year. I became a believer!

I also use ONR as a clay lube and a quick detailer.

Last edited by DaGonz; 6/21/12 at 05:17 AM.