Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

1-week old 2014 Mustang GT Premium won't start

Search this Thread

Old 10/12/14, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1-week old 2014 Mustang GT Premium won't start

Hi guys. I thought I should share with you a rather disappointing experience I had today with my 1 wk old Mustang.

My family and I were about to leave the house for an important meeting out of town and when I was starting the engine, it didn't as I turned the key in the ignition.

Confused, I called the sales guy from the dealership who sold the car to me. He said it must be the battery, but how could a battery get so discharged in a matter of a week at 571 Kms?

I told him that it might be the anti-theft system as the icon representing it kept blinking on the dash. He said it would still be good to try so he sent their emergency roadside assistance who then inspected the car to say it doesn't seem to be a battery issue.

He turned the key and saw the screen go live together with the radio. He rolled the window down to test.

Then he said might as well give it a try, so he did a battery boost which for some weird reason made it worse.

The screen (sync) no longer turned on, the window could not be rolled down and the anti-theft icon still blinked.

Then the dealership sent a tow truck but I told them it would be impossible to tow it out of the garage when you could not even bring the gear to neutral from Park.

Then the dealership said they will just come tomorrow to check the car as today's Sunday and no one's around to do it.

I had to put on a car cover since it's been raining here a lot in the city where I live in the Philippines. But I am so disappointed. I missed an important meeting and will not be reporting to work tomorrow to make sure this gets fixed fast or to argue for a total replacement based on warranty. (a car that's a week old shouldn't be having these problems that make it like a lemon) but, I am more disappointed in how such a beautiful, wonderful car could just go wonky on its first week out of the dealership.

For the record, I've not added anything to the car; everything is still stock straight from the dealership.

Anyone who has experienced this?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Old 10/12/14, 06:09 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Wow! I hope it all gets resolved and correctly!
Old 10/12/14, 06:49 PM

Hope so too. Am at home now just waiting for the technicians to arrive. I wonder how they'd be able to fix it remotely given if it's about reprogramming the keys then I'm not sure they're bringing the rig here to fix it. Keep you posted
Old 10/12/14, 07:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
I had my brand new 06 for less than 24 hours when it wouldn't start. Fuel pump. So it does happen. Over the years I have had to reset the fuel cut off switch a few times. It has always restarted.
Old 10/12/14, 10:34 PM

Told the staff about the fuel pump. Thanks, they agreed it's worth checking too!
Old 10/13/14, 06:20 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by pauljohnpena
Hi guys. I thought I should share with you a rather disappointing experience I had today with my 1 wk old Mustang. ...

Then the dealership said they will just come tomorrow to check the car as today's Sunday and no one's around to do it. ...
Hello pauljohnpena,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service and I’m glad to learn your dealer is coming out to check on your vehicle. Please keep me posted on their findings.

Deysha
Old 10/14/14, 01:49 PM
V6 Member

You engaged the clutch all the way right?!!! never know! Hopefully it's a quick and painless fix!
Old 10/14/14, 02:39 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gashi25
You engaged the clutch all the way right?!!! never know! Hopefully it's a quick and painless fix!
Yeah sometimes I have to push the clutch pedal in that extra couple mm before it will start. Doesnt sound like his issue though.
Old 10/18/14, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by FordService
Hello pauljohnpena,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service and I’m glad to learn your dealer is coming out to check on your vehicle. Please keep me posted on their findings.

Deysha
Hi Deysha. Thanks for the welcome.

The dealer was able to fix it with recommendations coming straight from the headquarters' expat engineers.

Below is the technical report which the dealership was able to release only days after given this became rather controversial in social media.

Name:  Screenshot2014-10-19004848.png
Views: 246
Size:  106.2 KB

Why it became controversial:

1. Problem though seemingly simple to fix arose already on *first week* of ownership unfortunately set against the just passed Lemon Law on the sale of automobiles in the Philippines. Also, to get the car to the dealership they had to tow and remove several panels inside the car to do diagnostics; pretty much not the scene you'd expect in your first week of ownership ey?

2. Perhaps not related to the problem: the dealership did not disclose they were selling me a display/showroom unit even when asked at the point of sale. Sales person denied it by saying it's a different car. General sales manager it is not standard procedure to disclose to clients that what's being sold is a showroom/display unit. I kind of beg to disagree.

Net -

1. They were able to fix the problem same day it got to the dealership.

2. I will see them at the mediation meeting on Monday on my complaint on the bad product experience (on 1st week of ownership, at 500Kms mileage).

3. I got the car back already; am happy to be with it again but some things do need to get straightened out.
Old 10/18/14, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by wheelman
Yeah sometimes I have to push the clutch pedal in that extra couple mm before it will start. Doesnt sound like his issue though.
Thanks! Yes, it's a different issue as it turned out
Old 10/20/14, 06:45 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by pauljohnpena
Hi Deysha. Thanks for the welcome.

The dealer was able to fix it with recommendations coming straight from the headquarters' expat engineers. ...
That's great, pauljohnpena! Thank you for the update!

Deysha