General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Why do Honda Accords even try?

Search this Thread

Old 12/29/06, 09:37 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do Honda Accords even try?

This morning on the way to work, traffic was pretty light because of the holidays, so I had the extremely rare chance to let my Mustang "stretch its legs". I looked around to see if there was any law enforcement around, turned the traction control off and did some "spirited acceleration" away from a stop light, if you know what I mean... I soon caught up to some traffic a half a mile ahead of me and slowed down to join it.

I look in the mirror and what do I see, a '95 Honda Accord barreling up behind me. It weaves around some cars to get in lane next to me and we stop at an intersection. The driver is one of our friends from South of the Border, and he's revving and he's obviously looking over at me, like I insulted him. Of course, he was reduced to a tiny speck in my rearview mirror as the light turned green.

Really, what was he thinking? Did I threaten his manhood with my "spirited acceleration"? I didn't even know he was there. He wasn't next to me at the first intersection. Did he honestly think he had a chance against a Mustang GT? I mean, the Accord was completely stock with plastic hubcaps (not even a fart can exhaust tip). It was rather funny.
Old 12/29/06, 09:43 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I had one try to mess with PSH last week.
Old 12/29/06, 07:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Project Source Horse? I'd liike to see a Countach QV take that.
Old 12/29/06, 09:22 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Vermillion06
This morning on the way to work, traffic was pretty light because of the holidays, so I had the extremely rare chance to let my Mustang "stretch its legs". I looked around to see if there was any law enforcement around, turned the traction control off and did some "spirited acceleration" away from a stop light, if you know what I mean... I soon caught up to some traffic a half a mile ahead of me and slowed down to join it.

I look in the mirror and what do I see, a '95 Honda Accord barreling up behind me. It weaves around some cars to get in lane next to me and we stop at an intersection. The driver is one of our friends from South of the Border, and he's revving and he's obviously looking over at me, like I insulted him. Of course, he was reduced to a tiny speck in my rearview mirror as the light turned green.

Really, what was he thinking? Did I threaten his manhood with my "spirited acceleration"? I didn't even know he was there. He wasn't next to me at the first intersection. Did he honestly think he had a chance against a Mustang GT? I mean, the Accord was completely stock with plastic hubcaps (not even a fart can exhaust tip). It was rather funny.
What, no fart cans? Do they come without them? I think up here in the Northeast they come factory installed . I'm not sure I've ever seen one without "them". Accords, Civics, Eclipses and Neons... all factory installed right... ?
Old 12/29/06, 10:01 PM
Number Cruncher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheMustangSource
I had one try to mess with PSH last week.
They let the brain damaged drive in Alabama?
Old 12/29/06, 10:42 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had an Accord next to me unexpectedly bark its tires and floor it from a stop. I had no idea he was going to do that. After I realized what just happened, I paused, loosened the clutch and hit it. By the time I hit 6500 rpms, the front of my car was past his door. I dropped second and layed a few feet of rubber as my tires squealed past his open window. By the time I got traction, the back of my car was in front of his headlights. My wife nearly "peed" her pants laughing.
Old 12/30/06, 12:26 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Lennyb44
They let the brain damaged drive in Alabama?
Why not? We elect them to local goverment positions.