General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Sunday Drive

Search this Thread

Old 9/20/09, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunday Drive

Isn't sad when everyone and their grandmother owns a mustang now? It used to be a symbol of status - one in which we were the owners of a piece of history, but now the newly 16 year old girl down the street has one!

Maybe my love keeps me coming back, but I still like to be original.
Old 9/20/09, 10:21 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StinkyWinky
Isn't sad when everyone and their grandmother owns a mustang now? It used to be a symbol of status - one in which we were the owners of a piece of history, but now the newly 16 year old girl down the street has one!

Maybe my love keeps me coming back, but I still like to be original.
You're getting grumpy in your old age.

Cool user name though - my type of insanity.
Old 9/20/09, 03:15 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
i know which one's stand the potential to have a driver that bought the car because it was a mustang, not just another car. Hate to stereotype, but usually V6's are the one's with teenagers and "it's just a car" people. Around here...if there's any mods, it's unusual. I love the cars...still drool over them (seeing as I dont have mine yet).
Old 9/20/09, 03:57 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's strange...I've always considered the Mustang as a mass-produced vehicle that littered the roadways. Even when I was a teen, I knew them as "me too, me too" Mustangs, because everyone had one.

However, I think that's why the car is indeed so great - the very quality you see as negative. Because the sheer number of enthusiasts has provided us with the vast aftermarket to TRULY make our cars reflections of ourselves. But hey, whatever.
Old 9/20/09, 04:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Nobody has a car like mine. Although certain aspects of it are shared across the board... it's already my own little slice of somewhat uniqueness, and that will continue to grow as I continue to move, slowly, but surely, towards my vision of what Awesome should look like, inside and out.

And THAT is what makes Mustangs great. They may be similar... but they're all different, and we generally love them all.