Notices
General Mustang Chat Not Tech or Model Year Specific

Sub woofers in the trunk or the seat

Old 2/8/13, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sub woofers in the trunk or the seat

Hey all,

I wanna invest in a sound system for my 2011 V6.. Nothing crazy, but I'm in between on what's the best spot for a small subwoofer.. I always heard and personally thought better sound comes from one in the trunk, the problem is I'm an avid golfer and don't really wanna sacrifice my trunk space if I don't have to.. (Right now I can fit 2 bags in my trunk) but I also don't want to have an overblown bass sound inside my car and seats that vibrate out of control. Any one here have some thoughts or input?
Old 2/8/13, 03:55 PM

I am in the same boat, but I don't know what speakers to get (they def need an upgrade). Are you also getting a new deck or keeping the one that comes with the vehicle? I'm not even sure what would fit. I saw that the trunk Has some speakers already in it (they are attached to the roof of the trunk) but I don't think they get really good sound.

I mean my 2000 JGC had much better sound and bass. Kinda sad.
Old 2/8/13, 08:10 PM
V6 Member

Im in the same boat with my 13 boss. I made some calls to a few sound shops here in corpus christi tx. And found that kicker makes a kit with a 5 channel amp and a sub that fits behind a trim panel somewhere in the car. It is a little pricey at almost $1200 installed and i have no idea where the sub i mounted, but i did go and hear the on they had installed on a 12 boss and omg that thing kicks. Real nice sound. It amplifies the factory speakers and adding the sub adds just the right kick. I am planning to purchase and do the install my self.