General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Sometimes it sucks to be a dealer tech...

Search this Thread

Old 3/22/07, 07:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sometimes it sucks to be a dealer tech...

So I was at work today (police officer) and we get a call of a vehicle accident on the interstate. I'm just around the corner so I head that way and find a black Mach1 in the ditch off the side of the highway. It just got done raining about 87 inches and is muddy as heck all over town. The car is COVERED in mud and some major muddy tracks leading from the highway to the car...probably 300 feet worth.

This guy missed a highway sign by about 2 feet, and dodged another sign by about 10 feet...and ran over a big drain in the ditch right before he stopped.

I get out and start talking to the guy, and I notice he is wearing a local dealership mechanic shirt. He tells me he was test driving a customers car that had some stalling problems and doesn't know what happened. I was just like "well, I think you have some bigger problems than a stalling car buddy" as he laughed at the terrible situation he is in.

He says "I was driving along and I hit 4th gear and it just started fishtailing, I lost control." I wanted to call him on it so bad and tell him that I knew he was f'ing around, but I just said "oh, that sucks man."

It was then that I realized that the dealership he worked for was DIRECTLY across the interstate, and ALL OF HIS COWORKERS AND SALESMEN WERE OUTSIDE WATCHING AND WAVING AT HIM from across the highway. He put his head down and said "Oh God, they are ALL watching and waving. Should I wave back?" I just said "I think it would be rude not to, don't you think?" He waved to them just as the wrecker arrived to pull this guys Mach1 from the ditch.

Highway Patrol arrived and worked the accident, I got to sit back and watch the fun as the owner arrived and turned pale white. Poor guy. He really didn't say much as his car was towed from the ditch, and the Tech tried to explain it to him, but I don't really think the guy was listening.

At least there wasn't any visible damage to the car. He hit the drain doing about 5mph, so I think he just rolled over it, I don't think it caught anything underneath. I'll bet the customer got quite a few free oil changes from that, and that's all the Tech will probably be doing for a while...

Good times...
Old 3/22/07, 08:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[quote=theedge67;87226 It just got done raining about 87 inches

Good times...[/quote]

Funny story , But you guy should have been building an Ark! with 87 inches of rain
Old 3/22/07, 09:50 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Dang do I ever feel sorry for the owner!
Old 3/23/07, 07:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Yeah, we had quite a little downpour for a few hours, made the roads really fun. Although the road was not wet at the time...so I KNOW he was f'ing around in the car. Idiot.
Old 3/23/07, 10:23 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The dealer's customer satisfaction rating just dropped a bunch of points...
Old 3/28/07, 06:20 AM
Cobra Member

I hope for the owners sake nothing was badly damaged, a Mach1 is very hard to replace. As for the tech, good thing it was not my car because I would have rung his neck. You know everyone makes mistakes but you should never increase the chance of making one with someone elses property.
Old 3/28/07, 06:47 AM
Cobra Member

There are some funny times in police work.
Old 3/28/07, 06:53 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by poldrv
There are some funny times in police work.
I think theres some funny times in any profession that is a public service. Thanks to our LEO's out there for all you do.