General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

shut down a 01 GT

Search this Thread

Old 4/9/08, 08:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shut down a 01 GT

coming home minding my own business when this yellow gt pulls on the side of me doing about 40-45mph has exhaust for sure and maybe more...... but anyways hes just sitting there geared down ready to roll, i down shift to 2nd gear and hit it as soon as i do my traction control comes on like crazy..... ive NEVER felt my car pull like this before as soon as tcs turns off i was gone i go for 3rd gear and im already a car ahead, by the time i let off he flys past and weaves thru traffic to get away from me i guess e was ashamed he got beat ...... i only have a shifter and exhaust, im very impressed with my car being stock besides exhaust..... i just figured i would share with everyone
Old 4/9/08, 09:23 PM
Cobra R Member

nice kill, some people don't know what they are getting into
Old 4/10/08, 08:50 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
nice, dont usually hear about another mustang challenger...these cars are definately quick from factory
Old 4/12/08, 08:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by polodinks
coming home minding my own business when this yellow gt pulls on the side of me doing about 40-45mph has exhaust for sure and maybe more...... but anyways hes just sitting there geared down ready to roll, i down shift to 2nd gear and hit it as soon as i do my traction control comes on like crazy..... ive NEVER felt my car pull like this before as soon as tcs turns off i was gone i go for 3rd gear and im already a car ahead, by the time i let off he flys past and weaves thru traffic to get away from me i guess e was ashamed he got beat ...... i only have a shifter and exhaust, im very impressed with my car being stock besides exhaust..... i just figured i would share with everyone
These cars are impressive even stock. Just remember to respect what came before. Then again, don't take any guff from a challange either.

Speaking of TC, I only recently got my car back on the roads (long hard winter in IL and heck, it's snowing again tonight!!??!@$#$ !!!!). The first day I had it out I'm trying to push it a bit hard after she warmed up and the thing seemed to bog a bit. I figured it was the old gas. The next day, when it did it again, I realized I had just forgotten about turning off the TC.
Old 4/12/08, 08:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
{quote=mot250;5548727]These cars are impressive even stock. Just remember to respect what came before. Then again, don't take any guff from a challange either.
[/quote]

I agree! but some older Stang owners don't respect the S197s

Edit: I am a Mustang Enthusiatas.......even Mustangs IIIs

Last edited by Rapture; 4/12/08 at 08:41 PM.