General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

SCT X3/SF3 Tuner-- Which Tune is loaded? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 6/28/20, 12:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
SCT X3/SF3 Tuner-- Which Tune is loaded? Help!

Greetings,
Haven't taken the Tune off my car in over 7 years and now have to take the vehicle in for airbag replacements. I'm going to return the ECU back to stock before I bring in for service. Years ago I had a custom tune done along with a dyno pull and I don't recall which tune is currently installed.
The Question: How do I find out which tune is currently installed on the car before I return it back to stock? I want to reload the same one after service and don't know which one it is!
Thanks
LJS

Last edited by MR-STANG; 6/28/20 at 12:48 PM. Reason: add help to headline
Old 6/28/20, 04:58 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,194 Likes on 1,763 Posts
It is not necessary to re-flash back to the stock calibration for airbag replacements. I had both my passenger and driver side airbags replaced under the Takata airbag recalls. Just make certain to inform your dealership's service advisor that you have a custom tune and do NOT want your vehicle's ECU re-flashed back to stock. If you still are unsure and have doubts? Your SCT X3 programmer should display which tune is currently uploaded in your vehicle's ECU. There should be a tune description, such as custom tune, type of octane used and so forth. Once you find out which tune is currently installed? then scroll down to the return back to stock option in the menu and select it.
Old 6/29/20, 05:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,556 Likes on 1,065 Posts
Yeah, I don't remember exactly how it shows it, but pretty sure if you go in to the tuner and start the download process, it will show you which tune is currently installed.

I had my airbags done without even thinking about the tune, with no noticeable problems; but yes it would be a good idea to tell the dealer NOT to flash the car while they have it.
The following users liked this post:
m05fastbackGT (6/29/20)
Old 6/29/20, 05:55 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
Both my airbags were replaced without touching the tune, and hen I had the lead frame in the transmission replaced, I made sure they knew the car had a custom tune and not to flask. I also have one of those Steeda aluminum covers over the OBD port that says "Custom Tune Do Not Flash".
The following users liked this post:
m05fastbackGT (6/29/20)
Old 6/29/20, 08:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for the info, I hope I located the Tune when clicking around the plugged-in Tuner. I don't trust my local Ford Dealership, when I purchased the car from them new (It was a custom order) parts were loose and missing, they really didn't give a ****. And the initial order was placed in February 07 and then I got frustrated in July 07 they said "sorry we never placed the order" So No Trust, removed the Tune, let's hope for the best with my garage queen.
Old 6/29/20, 11:21 AM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,194 Likes on 1,763 Posts
Originally Posted by MR-STANG
Thanks for the info, I hope I located the Tune when clicking around the plugged-in Tuner. I don't trust my local Ford Dealership, when I purchased the car from them new (It was a custom order) parts were loose and missing, they really didn't give a ****. And the initial order was placed in February 07 and then I got frustrated in July 07 they said "sorry we never placed the order" So No Trust, removed the Tune, let's hope for the best with my garage queen.
If you have trust issues with the Ford dealership in question? Then I would definitely consider locating another Ford dealer who you feel more comfortable with that will earn your trust by treating you as a valued customer. Although they're sometimes difficult to come by, they are out there, you just have to look. As for finding the right tune that is currently installed in your car's ECU? you have nothing to be worried about, just follow the advice that we provided you with and you'll come out just fine