General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

SCT LOCKED MY PCM... GONNA COST ME TO FIX IT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11/8/12, 04:16 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SCT LOCKED MY PCM... GONNA COST ME TO FIX IT!!!

Ok... messed up deal here... (all this started Friday the 2nd of this month) I was getting ready to sell the car (found a newer cobra i liked) and i went to program my car back to stock... sct cal3 locked up in the tune process. now my car was dead sitting in the parking lot at work.. wouldn't start.. wouldn't return to stock.. wouldn't program.. call sct. they say they can fix it... but they need remote control of my pc to do so.. sounds intrusive just to fix an sct but whatever... they're hours of operation are the same as where i work and my next day off was Thursday (today). so i was trying to figure out how to get the car home and my buddy had an old sct scal2. he tried to program it and success! it started.. drove it home. he then pulls off the tune (or at least he told me he did.. i didn't try to start it cause i figured it was back to its vegetable state...) sct connected today and reflashed my scal3. went to the car and it failed to tune again.. called them back and told them that the scal 2 was on there so we could get home.. they say i need the scal 2 to make sure its returned to stock. i call my buddy with the scal2 and he wont answer... the guy wanting to buy my car is really wanting it soon so i call sct and ask them to just erase the scal 2 tune if its there and put it back to stock... they say they cant do that... so im stuck waiting till i can get in touch with my buddy.. (sct will probably be closed at that time...) so they can "make sure its still not on the car". so i told them fine.. ill take it to ford and have it programmed back to stock since some of my old coworkers still work there and they said they could do it for me... i asked them simply to put the sct back to its normal configuration so i can sell it separately.. (the buyer doesn't want a tuner) they said ill have to send it in and pay the unlocking fee... REALLY!!! YOUR device locks my pcm up... and i have to pay to get the tuner unlocked to sell it!?!?

costumer service is not with this company.. will not buy another sct.. will not recommend an sct to anyone i know...

Last edited by texastboneking; 11/8/12 at 04:18 PM.
Old 11/8/12, 04:30 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
**** bro. They are lame. I've heard similar stories about how they conduct business.
Old 11/8/12, 05:19 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by texastboneking
(the buyer doesn't want a tuner) ...
He is vewy wise.

Thanx for the warning! I've read enough sct nightmares here I won't touch them.
Old 11/9/12, 09:15 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by texastboneking
Ok... messed up deal here... (all this started Friday the 2nd of this month) I was getting ready to sell the car (found a newer cobra i liked) and i went to program my car back to stock... sct cal3 locked up in the tune process. now my car was dead sitting in the parking lot at work.. wouldn't start.. wouldn't return to stock.. wouldn't program.. call sct. they say they can fix it... but they need remote control of my pc to do so.. sounds intrusive just to fix an sct but whatever... they're hours of operation are the same as where i work and my next day off was Thursday (today). so i was trying to figure out how to get the car home and my buddy had an old sct scal2. he tried to program it and success! it started.. drove it home. he then pulls off the tune (or at least he told me he did.. i didn't try to start it cause i figured it was back to its vegetable state...) sct connected today and reflashed my scal3. went to the car and it failed to tune again.. called them back and told them that the scal 2 was on there so we could get home.. they say i need the scal 2 to make sure its returned to stock. i call my buddy with the scal2 and he wont answer... the guy wanting to buy my car is really wanting it soon so i call sct and ask them to just erase the scal 2 tune if its there and put it back to stock... they say they cant do that... so im stuck waiting till i can get in touch with my buddy.. (sct will probably be closed at that time...) so they can "make sure its still not on the car". so i told them fine.. ill take it to ford and have it programmed back to stock since some of my old coworkers still work there and they said they could do it for me... i asked them simply to put the sct back to its normal configuration so i can sell it separately.. (the buyer doesn't want a tuner) they said ill have to send it in and pay the unlocking fee... REALLY!!! YOUR device locks my pcm up... and i have to pay to get the tuner unlocked to sell it!?!?

costumer service is not with this company.. will not buy another sct.. will not recommend an sct to anyone i know...
Sooooo....can I get you a new tuner?

Seriously though, sorry to hear about your issue. Have you already had the Ford dealer reflash it?
Old 11/9/12, 09:21 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nope... Buddy came back with the sct cal2 and it worked.. so shipping it with that tune on it...